Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Cleveland Forum Discussing Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    What's a "Brown"?
    The name of the coach that founded the Original franchise - also the name Art left in Cleveland.

What the origination of the 'Brown' family name is, I can only guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The year is 2030. Lamar Jackson has 3 MVPs and 3 SB titles.
    Pessimists are really dragging down this forum, I'll tell you hwat.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Every other team's fans discussing Lamar:

"Lamar isn't SuStAiNaBlE lOoK aT dUh RG3!

I played pop warner in 3rd grade, let me break this down for you peasants: Only pocket passers that are White, 6'5 230 lbs, have big rippling veiny calves, 5 o'clock shadow, and the agility of my 92 year old grandpa can last in the NFL! Football IQ? Pocket awareness? Those things don't matter. I would rather have a QB that stands in the pocket behind a bad OL and takes 10 vicious hits a game than a dual threat QB that can actually use his mobility to avoid dangerous hits in the pocket. Give me Josh Rosen over Lamar Jackson every day of the week, he's white, tall, and immobile... 10 years from now Lamar will have 9 torn ACL's and Josh Rosen will be leading the Las Vegas CyberRaiders to their 6th consecutive Super Bowl, trust me.

The Ravens run a gimmick offense. Even though it consists of basic concepts that have been used successfully in the game for decades... I have decided that it is a gimmick because it's too effective with their personnel and if I keep repeating that it's a gimmick maybe that will make me feel better. Did I mention RG3? Lamar will get SOLVED. Because he's not an oustanding football player, he's a human rubix cube and once the colors line up he's solved forever!"

In a nutshell lol

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Best comment is from Writerdawg:

"Can we stop creating more topics that essentially perform public fellatio on this guy? He plays for one of the most illegitimate franchises in all of sports history, and I don't care if he scores 1,000 touchdowns or has perfect accuracy at any point in time. If Karma truly exists, something about his game will create historic heartbreak for the syphilis-addled fan base of that craphole city."

Oh, the ol' Browns fans leaning on hating on the franchise because they moved...and using "karma" and "cursed" to describe us because of how we got here.

I remember hearing a ton of that from 96 all the way up until about 9:30ish on January 28th, 2001. They are still holding on to that BS even after that one and the second championship? LMAO.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

This idea of teams seeing him a second time and "figuring him out."

How did that work for Cincinnati? He ran all over them the first time, so naturally he'd fail against them in round 2, right?

He had his second perfect passer rating game of the season?

Face it Cleveland - he's just that good. It's a sound offensive plan built around what he does well (quick reads, snap judgement calls, absurd elusiveness).

His actual arm strength is "good enough." He does not have a rocket arm like Flacco did, and as such does not throw 12-15 yard out routes as well as Flacco did coming into the league - Flacco to Mason on the sideline was very hard to defend. Yeah, he can throw it down field 50 yards, but so can everyone else. He does it accurately and hits guys in the hands in stride - that's infinitely more impressive. He's throwing to space and letting receivers go get it. He's making throws to receivers that look covered, but are catching that same pass with no one around them.

The Browns are jut pissed because their anointed playoff team crashed and burned. Plus their QB might not be the answer and they definitely need to reaplace Kittens as head coach. Just ask Redskins fans about how winning the off season doesn't mean anything come playoff time.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    The name of the coach that founded the Original franchise - also the name Art left in Cleveland.

There is some debate on the origin. Most come to the conclusion it was named for then coach Paul Brown. Like the Ravens, it was chosen by fan vote, in 1945. Like the Ravens, the owner preferred a different name. (David Modell preferred Baltimore Americans, which lost in the poll. Americans was a reference to a steam locomotive built here and the Star Spangled Banner Birthplace). Paul Brown wanted them to be named Cleveland Panthers. A legal dispute and an AFL team resolved hit and Paul Brown relented.

Some claim, including a 1995 Wash Post story when the Browns moved to Baltimore, that the team was named the Brown Bombers after Joe Lewis and later shortened. There isn't evidence to back up either story, but the latter seems unlikely. Lewis has no connection to Cleveland.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Oh, the ol' Browns fans leaning on hating on the franchise because they moved...and using "karma" and "cursed" to describe us because of how we got here.
    If Browns fans want to discuss "karma" and "curses" they need to take a good look in the mirror. They were pissed at Art because - much as he loved the game, much as he would dearly have loved to win a Superb Owl - he hadn't delivered. (I guess The Drive and Earnest Byner's fumble were all his fault.) They figured that with no fortune but the team itself, he would never have the resources. They were all-in with their "civic leaders" squeezing him so he'd be forced to sell the team rather than face financial ruin. They figured all they needed was some bazillionaire who'd buy it & open his checkbook to buy a title for their benefit.

In the end they succeeded in driving Modell out of Cleveland, but they never realized he could take the team with him.**

I remember hearing a ton of that from 96 all the way up until about 9:30ish on January 28th, 2001. They are still holding on to that BS even after that one and the second championship? LMAO.
    All this time they should have been roasting former Mayor Kevin White & the rest of those imbecile "civic leaders" on a slow spit for the sheer stupidity that saddled them with such "karma" and "curse" - not Art Modell, who only did what he had to do to make his dream of winning a Lombardi come true.

Let the idiots like Tony Grossi who've been fighting for decades to keep Art out of the HoF drop their opposition, have him admitted posthumously, and maybe, just maybe, they'll make their way past "karma" and "curse." I'm not holding my breath.

** The good people of Baltimore and even Indianapolis could've warned them, but nooooo...
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post

The Browns own Cincinnati.

Cleveland Forum Discussing Lamar Jackson

I was on there earlier. Glad someone created this thread.

It's a mix. Many eating their hearts out. Some filled with blind hatred and rage over it.

Some like him and I think they recognize it hurts to feel that.

I think the consensus is they just wish he played for someone else.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    If Browns fans want to discuss "karma" and "curses" they need to take a good look in the mirror. They were pissed at Art because - much as he loved the game, much as he would dearly have loved to win a Superb Owl - he hadn't delivered. (I guess The Drive and Earnest Byner's fumble were all his fault.) They figured that with no fortune but the team itself, he would never have the resources. They were all-in with their "civic leaders" squeezing him so he'd be forced to sell the team rather than face financial ruin. They figured all they needed was some bazillionaire who'd buy it & open his checkbook to buy a title for their benefit.

In the end they succeeded in driving Modell out of Cleveland, but they never realized he could take the team with him.**

All this time they should have been roasting former Mayor Kevin White & the rest of those imbecile "civic leaders" on a slow spit for the sheer stupidity that saddled them with such "karma" and "curse" - not Art Modell, who only did what he had to do to make his dream of winning a Lombardi come true.

Let the idiots like Tony Grossi who've been fighting for decades to keep Art out of the HoF drop their opposition, have him admitted posthumously, and maybe, just maybe, they'll make their way past "karma" and "curse." I'm not holding my breath.

** The good people of Baltimore and even Indianapolis could've warned them, but nooooo...
    Maybe with the 100 year draft class that's automatically inducted with no vote

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: Cleveland Forum Discussing Lamar Jackson

Little boy, "Grampa, grampa, tell me the story of when the Browns won the championship again please!"
    Grandfather, "OK Billy, it was when I was a very young man. Gramma and I were in High School and I was courting that pretty young girl. Her father warned her against marrying a Browns fan, and said our marriage would be cursed."
    Billy, "But you married her anyway, right?"
    Grandfather, "Yes son, we wed in 1965, but gramma's father was right."

... Bc