Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Not So Special Teams

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Really wondering why Tucker couldn't get the ball to the EZ too.
    I don’t believe he couldn’t. I think Tuck could get touchbacks on nine out of ten kickoffs if he chose to. They are intentionally kicking them short.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Re: Not So Special Teams

It would be interesting to learn more about wtf was going on last night. I don't think they were getting the hang time they were looking for on the short kickoffs. Is the golden leg of JT tired..?

On the punt block, I saw Levine at protector switch sides of the formation twice (IIRC - haven't watched it back since). Seemed like it took us a really long time to call for the snap. I'm assuming whatever rush game the Jets were running was messing with our pre-snap count and protection.

Regardless, it all needs to get cleaned up. We miss Justin Bethel

3. Re: Not So Special Teams

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    So wait... you’re saying the clock resets with a new 40 seconds (or 25 seconds) and keeps running after every penalty? If that were true, you could keep false-starting and run the entire fourth quarter off. There has to be a limit on it.

Anybody know the actual rule?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think this is it -

If the game clock is stopped after a down in which there was a foul by either team, following enforcement or declination of a penalty, the game clock will start as if the foul had not occurred, except that the clock will start on the snap if:
    the foul occurs after the two-minute warning of the first half;
    the foul occurs inside the last five minutes of the second half; or
    a specific rule prescribes otherwise.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules...the-game-clock

Edited to add- A key part of the loophole is that the two consecutive penalties can't both be delay of game, as that would result in an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, which would have automatically stopped the clock.
    Last edited by Red at; 12-13-2019 at 02:16 PM.

4. Re: Not So Special Teams

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I don’t believe he couldn’t. I think Tuck could get touchbacks on nine out of ten kickoffs if he chose to. They are intentionally kicking them short.
    He struggled mightily in pre-game warmups. The ball kept coming off the tee funny. He was so frustrated he asked for the next ball from the ball boy and booted it into the opposite EZ. For better or worse, those could be the deepest KOs were going to see in cold weather.

Re: what happened to ST coverage, they lost a ton of core STs. Week 1 kickoff team was (from left to right): Bethel, Board/Young, Jones, Trawick, Levine, Tucker, Elliott, Clark, Averett, Bowser, Moore. (Bold indicates the player is no longer available, italics indicate a special situation, e.g. Trawick IR'd and returned, Board currently injured, Averett struggling to crack active roster).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)