Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fun with stats!

Re: Fun with stats!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He struck me as a guy that just got burnt out and didn't want it anymore.

It happens.
    Schiano, maybe??

I wasn't aware of this, but Freeman played for a long time. Benched in '13 for concussion symptoms with the Vikes. Started the final game of the '15 season for Indy. Played a season for the FXFL Brooklyn Bolts.

Signed with the Alouettes last year, but retired in May.

Owns or co-owns a bunch of Buccs records.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    This is a fun one, never hard of the extended red zone before
    Me neither, H/T to Brent Sobleski and Ben Fennell.

3. Re: Fun with stats!

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    The "extended red zone" is from the 30 and in.
    Lamar is various zones (no chart for Jets yet):

Inside the Opponent's 10

Inside the Opponent's 20

Inside the Opponent's 30
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Who is Robert griffin??

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    What the hell happened to Josh Freeman?
    Greg Schiano

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Jimmy, thanks for the stats. Very impressive, especially considering he's got two more games to go... Bc

Blog Entries

Ever since I got my MS in Applied Math I've had "fun with stats." But as I used to tell my Stat 101 stoonts in the CCBC evening classes I taught,
    No one but a few twisted people like me does statistics for fun. We do them in order to discover things about this imperfect world we wouldn't otherwise know.
    I'd conjecture that anywhere inside the 10, LJ's abiity to scamper through a crease for the score would tend to draw the D toward the LoS and open up the short flip. Cf. the "schoolyard pass" to Boyle vs Buffs & the flip to Boykin vs the Jests.

(Note "conjecture;" much more data would need to be examined to confirm or deny this notion.)

(FTR I wouldn't mind Darnold getting a few more TDs this week if thereby Gang Green took down the Squealy McBeams.)
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    LJ's abiity to scamper through a crease for the score would tend to draw the D toward the LoS and open up the short flip. Cf. the "schoolyard pass" to Boyle vs Buffs
    Yes. I think of those as "basketball plays". A draw & dish: Lamar uses his mobility to draw the defense, then dishes it to his teammate.

I fear that sounds disparaging. I think of it as a high compliment. Basketball players (those who are good passers) have an advanced grasp of spatial relationships, and how their movement affects the defense and changes the angles. I trust a QB who regularly makes "basketball plays".