Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: is Lamar having the greatest statistical EVER for a QB?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Statistically, no. If you're going by pure statistics, which is what the OP seems to be doing. Most impactful? I'd hear that argument. Statistically, this is still a great season, but there have been others better from a pure statistical standpoint. So, I guess I have to get roasted for saying no.
    Yes and no buddy - stats can say anything you want them to, you just have to pick the right stats.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I don’t think regular counting stats do a good job of conveying the direct impact of QB rushing yards. The indirect impact of a QB rushing is even more difficult to quantify but is also very impactful in terms of overall offensive productivity and efficiency.

I can’t do it right now but I think..........
    Total 1st downs accounted for would be reflective of the QB rushing yards direct impact
    This is a great point. They are literally having to come up with new stats to describe his awesomeness because his game is so alien to the NFL. He literally breaks the brain.

Baldy says in his video he breaks the opponent's sword (metaphor for he's breaking their dicks because Baldy can't be too crass in his words) but Lamar is really breaking their brains - there is no reference standard for Lamar he's unique and that's why he is great.

If you have a standard set of tools, everyone you can imagine, they still won't help you with a flying saucer from an alien civilization that you stumble across. You have to study it for years and custom design entirly new tools and build them from scratch to even get inside. You might take a jackhammer to it or hit it with a Nuke, but you will destroy it in the process and your government will execute you for your treasonous wasting such a tremendous resource.

I say not only is Lamar having the best season of any player ever, he's accomplished the impossible, he proved John Harbaugh statement correct - they have revolutionized the NFL. Even he were to get hurt and couldn't finish. Even if they were one and done. Even if they don't win it all. He's proved this system can work really well and is a viable strategy for building a franchise.

Ravens 2019 will be the blueprint for how the game looks for the next decade plus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Can we ban this moron please? What a freaking loser. Guarantee he's never been laid
    Is he serious? I thought it was sarcasm without the tag.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Just ignore him and its as if hes banned
    OK, should have read ahead...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Was gronk not on the team the year Brady and moss went off and decimated the league? Honest question. That pats offense where moss had all those TDs was amazing
    See my previous post Ravens only trail that team in ppd other than that team no other comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    This is a great point. They are literally having to come up with new stats to describe his awesomeness because his game is so alien to the NFL. He literally breaks the brain.

Baldy says in his video he breaks the opponent's sword (metaphor for he's breaking their dicks because Baldy can't be too crass in his words) but Lamar is really breaking their brains - there is no reference standard for Lamar he's unique and that's why he is great.

If you have a standard set of tools, everyone you can imagine, they still won't help you with a flying saucer from an alien civilization that you stumble across. You have to study it for years and custom design entirly new tools and build them from scratch to even get inside. You might take a jackhammer to it or hit it with a Nuke, but you will destroy it in the process and your government will execute you for your treasonous wasting such a tremendous resource.

I say not only is Lamar having the best season of any player ever, he's accomplished the impossible, he proved John Harbaugh statement correct - they have revolutionized the NFL. Even he were to get hurt and couldn't finish. Even if they were one and done. Even if they don't win it all. He's proved this system can work really well and is a viable strategy for building a franchise.

Ravens 2019 will be the blueprint for how the game looks for the next decade plus.
    But is it? How many Lamar’s are there? GRO didn’t just think this system up this year. It’s his basic system he had since San Fran. ( which by the way he said came from being a High School offensive coach ) Kaep didn’t “re-invent “ the game and they came within one play of a Super Bowl win. Tyrod and the Bills barely made the playoffs running the same basic system.

I get being excited. I’m down with the enthusiasm. But let’s be real for a minute. Lamar is a special guy. He runs this show like no one else can. W/o him we’re the Bills with Tyrod. There just arnt a list of Lamar’s coming. He’s prob one in a thousand at best. Maybe more. There will never be 8-12 teams running this style offense as well as we are now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Filmstudy has a Stat that has the Ravens offense is just behind the 2007 Patriots in points per drive at 3.1 to their 3.6. That was at least three weeks ago (2 games).
    See my previous post Ravens only trail that team in ppd other than that team no other comes close.
    PFR keeps per-drive stats on their "summary" page for each season:

The Imperfect Pats finished with 3.19. Last year's Chiefs had 3.12. We're at 3.01 right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    PFR keeps per-drive stats on their "summary" page for each season:

The Imperfect Pats finished with 3.19. Last year's Chiefs had 3.12. We're at 3.01 right now.
    On cool. Thanks!

That's right I think I think FS maybe said 3.13 and 3.16 and it was slightly adjusted for something, maybe it factored out RG3 paying time? So only when Lamar was in the game?

Blog Entries

On cool. Thanks!

That's right I think I think FS maybe said 3.13 and 3.16 and it was slightly adjusted for something, maybe it factored out RG3 paying time? So only when Lamar was in the game?
    It was in the lead up to the Bills game podcasts with the Bills guy and maybe it was in the rockpile report

Honestly it’s just so surreal.

It’s truly surreal.

We are so lucky as a fan base. To have enjoyed the play of HOFers, and won Super Bowls, and now be witnessing a transcendent generational player.

Being a Ravens fan is just so much fun.

And this season, and Lamar... just surreal.

I’ll never forget it. No matter what the future brings, this football season is etched on my heart.

And I’m so glad all of you were here with me (even the ones I can’t stand). ;)

Cheers y’all, and enjoy this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Ken helped me out

@FilmstudyRavens: The @Ravens are currently at 3.19 points per drive by the FO method which excluded EoH and EoG kneel drives. That is the 4th best total in the @NFL since 1993 (the first year those drive stats were calculated). Top 3:
    2007 Patriots 3.37
    2018 Cheifs 3.25
    2018 Saints 3.21

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Best rushing season for qb. Add the passing and it’s close
    That I agree with. It’s up there. There’s just others up there as well. Since we’re talking purely statistical.