Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Lamar

Re: Trade Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    OMG.....this is ridiculous...the Pats should have traded away Brady right after that 1st SB win...THAT would have worked out great for them....
    Yeah...BUT...Lamar can't pass soooooo

Seriously though, that's what this premise is based on. The only way this rings true is if you think Lamar can't be a pocket passer.

Well, the thing is, he already is lol.

11th in comp %, 12th in YPA, 1st in passing TDs.

Most of his rushing attempts are off of designed runs. The time come where the offense will need to transition from an RO run attack as the catalyst to something different (Most likely a power based scheme based on how theyr'e building).

Lamar is in year 2 (Still only 22 years old FWIW) and is a top 12 PASSER FROM THE POCKET in almost every statistic possible.

The only way you trade him is if you don't think he can become a good passer. The film and the stats show he already he is a good passer. So, therefore, Professor Canada says no trade.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Troll alert x 10. Can we shut this thread down?
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Sure we can get a lot of draft picks for him right now, but think how high his stock would be if we traded him after winning another superbowl next year?!

We might be able to get a teams whole draft for the next five years.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

I don't think he's trolling. Let's see his responses.

Jim laid out the scenario he's envisioning and I want to hear his rebuttal.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Why would you trade an MVP candidate QB his rookie contract and pay a premium for a veteran or roll the dice on a draft pick?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Sure we can get a lot of draft picks for him right now, but think how high his stock would be if we traded him after winning another superbowl next year?!

We might be able to get a teams whole draft for the next five years.
    Yeah because that's worked out so well for the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I don't think he's trolling. Let's see his responses.

Jim laid out the scenario he's envisioning and I want to hear his rebuttal.
    Right. The guy that said Lamar was stupid/had the intellect of a janitor is not a troll. That makes perfect sense.

If you trade away Lamar, who is left to run the offense we've got? You have to re-tool the entire team. That sets us back at least 2 years.

Versus keep him, and all the other skill players that are still under rookie contracts (basically all of them), and go on another run next year.

Draft picks are important, but so is retaining and continuing to develop the talent you already have. You're telling me that at 22 (almost 23 now), that he can't get better as a passer? We know he can't get much better as a runner - I think everyone across the league will concede that one. But as a passer? Typical peak performance for a QB is at 29 - he's still 6 seasons away from that. He won't be 26 until he's on to his first big contract.

Keep him around for the next 3 years, and depending on his production in terms of hardware, pay him accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I keep telling people here this isn't a stupid person with his own stupid opinion. It's a troll/imposter trying to f*** with the board/provoke response and create mayhem.

This is just deliberate trolling.
    Maybe. But I don't think so.

In the other thread he replied to me that if Lamar wins 2 titles for the Ravens, than that would mean he was wrong. In my experience, trolls don't concede that there's a scenario which would prove them wrong. It suggests to me that he's a reasonable person with an extreme opinion.
    (But I can be a little pollyanna/naive: always wanting to believe that anyone can be reasoned with.)

I'll see if I can find the post, quote it here.

Can’t believe I’d say this but ...I agree 100% with Ann Arbor on this. At its core it’s a very “Madden” idea. And I also think it would ring true if you found the right sucker...I mean team.

Prob is this team as constructed from the GM Down has went All In on Lamar and this “style” of offense. So with that we’d need to flip one of those high picks into the “next Lamar” and IMHO there isn’t that in the draft. So while we’d have a boatload of picks ...we’d be a team w/o a QB and leader. Oh shit....we’d be the Browns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Right. The guy that said Lamar was stupid/had the intellect of a janitor is not a troll. That makes perfect sense.
    Where'd he say that?

I've only seen 1 post and it was the OP.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Where'd he say that?

I've only seen 1 post and it was the OP.
    Check this thead -

https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...t=#post1802141