Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 LastLast

Thread: Trade Lamar

Re: Trade Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    If the guy hasn't done it already look with suspicion on any "Newbies" going "Rah rah Lamar... but....."

I spotted this guy from his first post as a complete and total fraud. I am a moderator on another site and have had to do the same sort of sleuthing. I tracked one guy down to a web marketing company in Florida that was trying to generate hits by pretending to be a real person and embedding links to one of his companies customers. It's a health related board where people don't need to be preyed on. I have had a family member going through a hard time preyed upon by marketers and it just infuriates me. I have zero patience for it. It can be fun tracking these various types of imposters down and exposing them.

I just don't understand how it's not totally obvious to people immediately when a guy says our star player has the brains of a janitor. He should have been whacked then. No real Raven fan would say that.

What kind of freaking weirdo would invest so much time into something like this? Must be a miserable person. Probably has a Mahomes shrine and a deep hole in his basement that he keeps people in while he makes "woman" suits i.e. "It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again..." Total weirdo.
    Go get em!! I doubt you're a mod for that reason, but this alone is a really excellent reason to get involved. The internet is good for many reason but just like irl, there is unscrupulous scum that get off on preying on the most vulnerable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    He’s a verified chiefs Fan Bc. He’s basically suggesting this because he’s terrified of Lamar. Hopefully now he can be banned.
    Thanks, Mac. I felt he wasn't really a Ravens fan. BTW, I wonder if he posts the same thing about Mahomes on the Chiefs board... Bc

His wonderlick was one of the lowest in the history of the NFL for QB and just listening to him talk it’s easy to see the boy dosent have much upstairs.
    This is such a stupid statement. It's culturally biased as well. (And, it's Wonderlic, not wonderlick. The guy who created it is named Eldon F. Wonderlic)

Do you know what the Wonderlic test doesn't measure well? Fluid and crystallized intelligence. Fluid intelligence is about abstract reasoning and puzzle solving. Crystallized intelligence is about experience and analogies. Lamar Jackson scored 13 on his Wonderlic, but it doesn't measure well abstract reasoning, puzzle solving or application of experience. Guess who else scored a 13 on his Wonderlic - Ray Lewis. That is pretty good company. It seems that Ray Lewis and Lamar Jackson just see things on the field as they develop (abstract reasoning and puzzle solving) that can't be measured well with the Wonderlic.

By the way, Blaine Gabbert scored 42 on the Wonderlic. Who do you want behind center?

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    This is such a stupid statement. It's culturally biased as well. (And, it's Wonderlic, not wonderlick. The guy who created it is named Eldon F. Wonderlic)

Do you know what the Wonderlic test doesn't measure well? Fluid and crystallized intelligence. Fluid intelligence is about abstract reasoning and puzzle solving. Crystallized intelligence is about experience and analogies. Lamar Jackson scored 13 on his Wonderlic, but it doesn't measure well abstract reasoning, puzzle solving or application of experience. Guess who else scored a 13 on his Wonderlic - Ray Lewis. That is pretty good company. It seems that Ray Lewis and Lamar Jackson just see things on the field as they develop (abstract reasoning and puzzle solving) that can't be measured well with the Wonderlic.

By the way, Blaine Gabbert scored 42 on the Wonderlic. Who do you want behind center?
    Dan Marino scored a 16 on the Wonderlic and he seemed to do ok. Wonderlic is a data point in evaluating a player and that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Dan Marino scored a 16 on the Wonderlic and he seemed to do ok. Wonderlic is a data point in evaluating a player and that’s it.
    Anyone who has seen Lamar play quarterback or speak to the media and still thinks he's stupid would struggle with a Wonderlic too, I reckon. Lamar's able to do say-nothing quarterback speak and still come across as genuine and likable without ever misspeaking or creating controversy. He handles the media so well.

Guys look you can think I’m a troll, a fake etc. it’s all good. What’s crazy is that I love the Ravens . Love them period. Just want them to so great for the long term. I know they won’t trade him , I get it, just a point of view . I have my reservations long term/mid term about Jackson but that’s just in me.

I have 100% faith in our coaching and front office and in the end they know more than myself. I didn’t think strictly about the marketing angle and that probably plays a huge role in why this wouldn’t happen as well.

I hope I’m wrong and Lamar and he turns out to be an amazing player for the next ten years. I simply stated it as something I thought would be a good move. Here is to me being completely wrong over the next 10 years .

Quote Originally Posted by synthesis2 View Post
    Just wanted to have a thread for all of you that think I’m nuts to suggest it. And a thread I can come back to a year or two down the road (which was what I had said before) and most everyone called me nuts, crazy etc.

I want him to stay healthy and hopefully win us a super bowl but I think after this year his appeal will never be as high as it is now and some team would be willing to give up the farm (3-1sts is my guess) and we are set long term.

I know this is a very unpopular opinion but I just don’t see him ever replicating anything close to this year again. I’d love to be wrong and him win us several championships but I just don’t see it happening.

I just can’t believe not one fan feels this way. Gooo Ravens !!!
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by synthesis2 View Post
    Guys look you can think I’m a troll, a fake etc. it’s all good. What’s crazy is that I love the Ravens . Love them period. Just want them to so great for the long term. I know they won’t trade him , I get it, just a point of view . I have my reservations long term/mid term about Jackson but that’s just in me.

I have 100% faith in our coaching and front office and in the end they know more than myself. I didn’t think strictly about the marketing angle and that probably plays a huge role in why this wouldn’t happen as well.

I hope I’m wrong and Lamar and he turns out to be an amazing player for the next ten years. I simply stated it as something I thought would be a good move. Here is to me being completely wrong over the next 10 years .
    While we are at it perhaps the Ravens could move to another city since they have already won two SB. BTW -- I was wrong about LJ last year when I said the he wouldn't improve his passing. I didn't believe that there was anyone out there who was worse than I in judging talent. Thank you for proving me wrong. I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Well.....maybe we can trade he and Tucker for like, I don't know.....85 first round picks? Think of the possibilities!!
    And we could hire Freddy Kitchen to coach those picks.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    So, to bring in my comment from the other thread: this is a "sustainability" argument and a "moneyball" argument. The theory is that Lamar cannot sustain this style of play for more than (say) another year. So, if we win it all this year, Lamar's value will never be higher than it is right "now" (ie this offseason). So we should monetize it: cash in, take the draft picks and run.

The disproof would be if we win it all twice with Lamar; or if Lamar has another season or two of MVP-caliber performance. Right? If Lamar wins it all twice; or if he is again around top-5 or top-7 in the MVP discussion this time next year or the year after: then that would prove that trading Lamar was a bad idea.

Agreed?
    No then he would have to do it a third time. If he does it 3 times, then...he would have to do it 4.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Well.....maybe we can trade he and Tucker for like, I don't know.....85 first round picks? Think of the possibilities!!
    And we could hire Freddy Kitchen to coach those picks.

Trade a revolutionary generational talent away... Nope.