Light Rail or Drive

I'm sure this subject has been broached many times but please indulge me one more time. Heading down tonight with family. Planning on taking the light rail from Hunt Valley. Last game I attended was the infamous Boller injury game when everyone cheered. Also had a beer spilled down my back from the drunk sitting behind me. But that's another story. Appreciate any tips on light rail usage or would you recommend driving to the stadium? Thanks.

Re: Light Rail or Drive

Light rail works fine. Slower than driving so leave yourself plenty of time.

Getting on at Hunt Valley means plenty of seats. You may end up standing on the way home, until Mt. Washington or Timonium maybe, if it's a close game. But with the late ending and the possibility the Ravens blow them out, it will more likely be a well-spaced trickle of return riders.

Have fun!

Blog Entries

I've always found the light rail to be a complete pain in the ass with the crowds after the game, but we've always come from Cromwell station and not north, so YMMV. On a Thursday night where the game will likely be over by halftime, maybe it's not as much of an issue.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

But early for this question, but since this thread came up.

What's the best way to get from the stadium to BWI? Considering coming up for a playoff game (assuming they host one) and don't feel like driving this time..

The times I used the light rail it's been a nasty experience. Drunks, crude language, packed in like sardines etc. If you are bringing your family and these things may not be acceptable....something to consider.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Drive your vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    But early for this question, but since this thread came up.

What's the best way to get from the stadium to BWI? Considering coming up for a playoff game (assuming they host one) and don't feel like driving this time..
    The light rail runs from B.W.I. to the stadium and back. If you want to leave your car at the airport, and save on Uber/Lyft fees it's probably the best way to go.

I agree about using light rail from BWI to the stadium. The station is in the lower level, adjacent to Concourse E. So it's door to door and only $4 round trip per person.

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    I'm sure this subject has been broached many times but please indulge me one more time. Heading down tonight with family. Planning on taking the light rail from Hunt Valley. Last game I attended was the infamous Boller injury game when everyone cheered. Also had a beer spilled down my back from the drunk sitting behind me. But that's another story. Appreciate any tips on light rail usage or would you recommend driving to the stadium? Thanks.
    I would suggest sucking up the Mike Tyson left hook to the stomach that is the ridiculously over priced and what should be illegal price gouging that is parking fees during a Ravens game or any sporting event downtown and drive to save your sanity. Earlier this year for a Pre season game I made the mistake of taking the light rail and the stadium was only half full.

The pain you feel in your wallet will probably hurt less than the squeezing of 60,000+ bodies on the ramp between the stadium and the light rail not to mention the massive slow service between trains during and event.

The Mass transit Administration in this city is a joke, there should be trains lined up one after the other following one of these events but they do not do anything that would be basic common sense. For such a small city our mass transit administration is definitely a massive failure much like anything run by the city.

DRIVE!!!!

I'm basically just going to walk to my TV Is that an alternative?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I'm basically just going to walk to my TV Is that an alternative?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Amaine

Surprised nobody posted anything about the BAD service by the Light Rail on Thursday. Got to Cromwell station at 6:40. There was a large crowd there already but we did not think anything of it. 7:00 NO train. 7:30 No train. 7:40 announcement of delays north and south bound. 7:50 single train pulls in. Say he is waiting on two car train. 8:10 we finally leave. Get there for the end of the 1st quarter. THANKS MTA!!! Going home no better. Leave with 6 minutes to go to try to get out as early as possible. Walking down a single train had just pulled in. 11:50 another single train pulls in. Finally at 12:00 a double train pulls in but it is going to BWI. We get off at N. Linthicum and at 12:25 a Cromwell train finally comes. Thanks MTA for getting me there late and forcing me to leave earlier because I had to be at work at 6:00. Short night. No wonder everybody stays out of the city since they can't run a train just like they can't protect a city!!! Tell everybody not to use the Light Rail anymore.