Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Enjoying the Ride, but Worried About Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Would that help our offense or the other team's defense?
    That would definitely help our offense as it would give the opposing defense ANOTHER thing to worry about...
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

I’m sorry you’re going through this, BearArms. In this trying time, let me offer you these thoughts to bring comfort...

The Ravens for a long time were known for an absolutely dominant defense. Marvin Lewis, Mike Nolan, Pops Mattison, Sexy Rexy, Pags, and Pees all presided over dominant defenses. Why?

Because it’s 90% about the players. Ray, Ed, Pete, Haloti, Sizz, et al were the reason for that success. The coaches helped, but having a string of GOATs, HOFers, and All Pros helped much much more.

I hope we keep our coaches. I really do. But if they want to be HCs, and they get offered that opportunity, no amount of money is going to keep them here. And that’s okay.

We have Lamar. We have Marlon. We have Mark, Mark, and Marquise. We have Lamar. We have bookend tackles. We have the greatest kicker in NFL history. We have EDC making all the right moves. And by the way, WE HAVE LAMAR.

We will be fine.
    "Chin up, chest out."

for as long as I can remember, the Ravens organization has taken a supportive stance for their various coaches to move up. i believe i even read about it in the past, although i can't put my hands on an article confirming this. anyway, as i remember from the article, it talked about how supporting the rise of current coaches makes Baltimore an attractive destination for future coaches, while making the Ravens one of the best connected organizations (which helps for trades and stuff like that). maybe someone else on the board can confirm this. i think they'll do what they can to extend Wink and Roman, but just in terms of the team culture i believe they will be supportive if either gets a HC offer.

Blog Entries

This is much more about LJ and the players than about Roman. Whoever breaks the bank hiring Roman as an HC in the offseason will be disappointed when he can't reproduce these results on their team. Conversely, all the Ravens have to do is to replace him with a competent coach and tell him "we are giving you the keys, but do not change anything." Ideally, this would be someone who is already on the offensive staff.

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    Agree with you. But the 3 TEs and Ingram/Edwards are essential to keep as well, whenever their contracts come up
    Ingram signed a 3-year deal, so he's not going anywhere. As much as I like Gus The Bus, with Lamar he's essentially an RB #3 and replaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    This year has been a perfect alignment of the stars. Between finding the right pieces to Lamar's amazing development to having the perfect coaching, this year is special.

Which brings me to my point

We've all seen over and over success and failure of teams from year to year where a coordinator of coach has come in and changed the chemistry and dynamic of the team. Wink and Roman have been instrumental to the teams terrific turn around.

We all know Harbs has done a great job and changed the way he coaches in some areas while continuing to keep the motivation and professionalism of the Ravens, however, we also know he's not a Xs and Os coach. That's where are Wink and Roman have added some missing pieces to the difficult puzzle of having the right players with the right scheme at the right time.

I know it's important to sign the players that make a difference like Judon, Peters, Humphrey and so on. I have thought this over and Sans Lamar the most important people to try to lock up for the immediate future is Wink and Roman. Almost all players can be replaced(except Lamar), but replacing these coordinators expecting the same results could easily be a much bigger setback than losing a player, except Lamar.

Therefore, Biscuits and Decosta need to open the checkbook, give out meaningless job titles like Head coach 2 and Head coach 3, and lock them in the building happy for the foreseeable future.

Am I wrong? Am I over valuing the importance of the Ravens success largely in part to the OC and DC? I don't think so. That's why I say sit back and enjoy everything about this year's team. It can change with a simple "and the new head coach of the.........., the former Ravens...
    I will worry about next year after Lamar and company hoist the Lombardi!

Only thing I’m worried about is losing our coordinators. I’m not worried about losing players. Our front office is one of the best. I’m not worried about teams figuring out lamar. Cause I think lamar’s Work ethic and fire to be great will motivate him to get even better in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    I'm always a little worried about Yellowstone erupting.

Ok everyone part 2

I'm really honest to gosh not worried as much as the thread seemed. I just love you the fact that after Trestman, Morningwig and Pees the coordinators we have now fit perfectly.

The main thing I don't want to happen is it we lose our coordinators Harbs limits his picks to his comfort coaching tree, instead of being open to all options.

But none of it matters right now, I know that!! What does is winning 6 in a row, which would be a kind boggling 15! No worries about squeaking in with 9-7 and help, this is how I always wanted the Ravens to be, exciting, the new New England without the cheating.

I promise not to worry anymore about Wink and Roman until a month after the Ravens win the Superbowl this season.

Big Truss!! Woot Woot!! Belee Dat Bitches!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    This is much more about LJ and the players than about Roman. Whoever breaks the bank hiring Roman as an HC in the offseason will be disappointed when he can't reproduce these results on their team. Conversely, all the Ravens have to do is to replace him with a competent coach and tell him "we are giving you the keys, but do not change anything." Ideally, this would be someone who is already on the offensive staff.
    Yep. Ideally, they would promote from within.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Yep. Ideally, they would promote from within.
    Agreed. James Urban or David Culley we're looking at you. Or we could go rogue and promote Matt Weiss all the way to HC a la Freddie Kittens!!
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Blog Entries

Nothing lasts forever. Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

Ravens will address next year, next year. And they will do it with the same intelligent, shrewd, practical approach they've used every year before. We've replaced tons of coordinators and players. Overall the team has remained a high quality program that's a pleasure to root for.

This is a record breaking year -- record breaking QB play, record breaking win streak. Obviously they aren't all going to be record breakers.

Enjoy what there is now and that's it. Be happy if we all live long enough to see opening kickoff next season. Everything after that is a bonus.