Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Enjoying the Ride, but Worried About Next Year

This year has been a perfect alignment of the stars. Between finding the right pieces to Lamar's amazing development to having the perfect coaching, this year is special.

Which brings me to my point

We've all seen over and over success and failure of teams from year to year where a coordinator of coach has come in and changed the chemistry and dynamic of the team. Wink and Roman have been instrumental to the teams terrific turn around.

We all know Harbs has done a great job and changed the way he coaches in some areas while continuing to keep the motivation and professionalism of the Ravens, however, we also know he's not a Xs and Os coach. That's where are Wink and Roman have added some missing pieces to the difficult puzzle of having the right players with the right scheme at the right time.

I know it's important to sign the players that make a difference like Judon, Peters, Humphrey and so on. I have thought this over and Sans Lamar the most important people to try to lock up for the immediate future is Wink and Roman. Almost all players can be replaced(except Lamar), but replacing these coordinators expecting the same results could easily be a much bigger setback than losing a player, except Lamar.

Therefore, Biscuits and Decosta need to open the checkbook, give out meaningless job titles like Head coach 2 and Head coach 3, and lock them in the building happy for the foreseeable future.

Am I wrong? Am I over valuing the importance of the Ravens success largely in part to the OC and DC? I don't think so. That's why I say sit back and enjoy everything about this year's team. It can change with a simple "and the new head coach of the.........., the former Ravens...

Re: Enjoying the Ride, but Worried About Next Year

Agree with you. But the 3 TEs and Ingram/Edwards are essential to keep as well, whenever their contracts come up

Seems like sound reasoning to me

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Just enjoy the ride, this is a magical season, it would be a shame to taint it by looking too far ahead. That's just life in general, enjoy the present moment, you'll make yourself miserable trying to plot out what might go wrong later down the line.

We have the best GM in football, a once on a lifetime QB in terms of his ability and mindset, and an overall too flight organization. We'll figure it out, the great organizations always do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Just enjoy the ride, this is a magical season, it would be a shame to taint it by looking too far ahead. That's just life in general, enjoy the present moment, you'll make yourself miserable trying to plot out what might go wrong later down the line.

We have the best GM in football, a once on a lifetime QB in terms of his ability and mindset, and an overall too flight organization. We'll figure it out, the great organizations always do.
    This is where I'm at. At first, I was right along with BearArms. I questioned whether or not Roman would be able to continue to evolve the offense as the league caught up to it. I questioned if he was the right guy to coordinate an offense that would see Jackson's passing reach its full potential. I was concerned with Jackson's long-term health.

However, as this season progressed, Jackson did so many amazing things that got you out of your seat, that I just said to myself, "Screw it, do what you want. Just enjoy the ride". Deal with next year when it comes.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Whole lot of words about the future for someone who is enjoying the ride

You know looking at Lamar in college, he played on a team that was pretty much trash. Horrible OL, mediocre receivers and backs, bad defense. Years of trashy recruiting classes. But he boat raced Florida State, and went on the road and was one play away from beating Clemson who won it all that year. But that’s Lamar. He elevates everyone around him, and he is doing it here and now for us, and will continue to do it going forward. He’s the Michael Jordan of football. His greatness demands the best out of every other player on the field. So I think we will continue to contend for the Super Bowl, regardless of personnel issues, so long as number 8 remains under center. And when he is done playing people won’t even remember Tom Brady

Blog Entries

It’s a fact in the NFL that if you have success you are destined to lose coaches from your staff. I would like to say that I am fully confident in Harbaugh getting the right guys to take over those positions but he has failed in my eyes in the past. He has however seemingly grown as a coach to not hold onto a thing that isn’t working. I’m not really too worried about the defensive side, Wink is great but we have a rich history of pumping out great coordinators on that side and our scheme is entrenched in the organization already. The offensive side however does give me pause, particularly with how unique the scheme is. I’m not sure what Romans wants on the coaching side are, I’ve always thought of him as kind of life long coordinator types, but the prestige and dollars of a head coaching job are hard to ignore. Going to be interesting to see what happens there.

You're killing my buzz

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post

I concur.

The NFL is built in such a way that each year there is a re-set. Next year's team will not be the one we see today. Open the shade and enjoy the sun, since the day will come to an end soon enough. And once the night is over, you start all over the next day. Live today and enjoy what is in front of you.
    Captain Offense

11. Re: Enjoying the Ride, but Worried About Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    I concur.

The NFL is built in such a way that each year there is a re-set. Next year's team will not be the one we see today. Open the shade and enjoy the sun, since the day will come to an end soon enough. And once the night is over, you start all over the next day. Live today and enjoy what is in front of you.

Blog Entries

don't bleed until you're cut

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!