Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Are teams trying to hurt Lamar?

Of course he is being targeted. To suggest otherwise is foolish.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Cheerleaders. Future trophy wives and strippers. Lol

"You know what? It's our anniversary. Why don't you bring her a Pepsi..."
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

It's football guys. A MAN's sport. Lamar is going to get hit. Lamar is going to make people miss. Play ball!
    A MAN also respect the rules and doesn't try to injure his opponent intentionally. We are talking about low lifes here. What can help LJ is that the NFL cannot afford to have him sidelined, it will hurt their pockets. I am sure some kind of directive has gone out to teams that they will not tolerate this kind of BS. Or at least it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    These guys are lazy reporters. They keep saying that if Lamar is going to run, then he will be treated like a RB and it is fair game to go at his legs.

However, teams are diving at Lamar's knees WHEN HE IS IN THE POCKET! They can't catch him to go at his legs when he is running, but they are doing so when he is a stationary target in the pocket. QBs are supposed to be protected from low hits when they are in the pocket, but he isn't getting such calls the way other QBs are. That has to change.
    I tell you what. This team absolutely loves Lamar.
    And if a team is targeting his knees and he actually is seriously hurt...you can bet the other team's qb is going to get carried off.
    His Ravens will not sit by and watch their guy get illegally injured like that without consequences.
    We have already seen on the sidelines where teammates are telling him that they have his back.
    And that crap that was happening in Buffalo will not continue...Buffalo's defensive players illegally grabbing and pulling down our Olinemen and not getting flagged. Bozeman almost got seriously injured with a pull down.
    Either the refs start enforcing the rules, or the players will take it into their own hands and dish it back.
    Earl Thomas talking to the media about the illegal low hits on Lamar was a warning shot.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Reffing, in general, has been extra atrocious this year. There was definitely a lot of dirty stuff going on in that Buffalo game and the league should act with some fines.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanie Bigjae View Post
    Reffing, in general, has been extra atrocious this year. There was definitely a lot of dirty stuff going on in that Buffalo game and the league should act with some fines.
    Could this flag happy crew actually work to our advantage? Anyone breathes on Lamar and out comes the flag? Lamar may run for 200 yards and do an Al Bundy.

You guys are joking...right? The NFL and referees should give Lamar Jackson special considerations, so he doesn't get injured?? How do you guys come up with this crap? News flash....ALL NFL QUARTERBACKS ARE TARGETED. It's part of the game.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, we've all seen the low hits. It's become noticeable over the past 2 weeks and the fact that Ravens players like Thomas are saying something publicly means they THINK there might be someone doing it intentionally or they think it could happen in the future and are preemptively calling it out.

On the other hand, this is football and you're going to get hit. Guys get injured all the time, it's part of the game and what makes the NFL such a difficult sport to play in. I don't want to give people something to complain about if/when a player hits Lamar and a flag is thrown and people claim we're being "protected" by the NFL or something stupid like that.

People are already starting to say that after the Niners and Bills games. As long as he's in the pocket, any late hit or hit that's too low will draw a flag. I don't think the hit he took on the TD pass to Hurst was late enough, it was almost a bang-bang play. So it's not like Lamar threw it to Hurst and 1-2 seconds late...the defender hits him low. It didn't happen like that. Also, I try to think of it from the defenders POV and QB's are ALREADY extremely protected as it is. If your hand even hits a QB's helmet...it could draw a 'roughing the passer' flag. So to a defender, they're already targeting the lower portion of the body because they're afraid to hit too high and get flagged.

Headline on ESPN.com right now: If Lamar Jackson runs, he is going to get hit

Thanks ESPN, I never would have figured that out on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    You guys are joking...right? The NFL and referees should give Lamar Jackson special considerations, so he doesn't get injured?? How do you guys come up with this crap? News flash....ALL NFL QUARTERBACKS ARE TARGETED. It's part of the game.
    I really was joking. I agree 100%. It's football. Lamar's not worried about and he's the one getting the hits. Why are folks sitting behind a computer keyboard worried? Because of what happened to RG3? Yeah, let's ignore Russell Wilson, Steve Young, Randall Cunningham and even Michael Vick.

Heck, all players are targeted.

Again, we’re not talking about hits when he is running or even clean hits when he is trying to pass. We’re talking about dirty, low hits in the pocket, meant to try to take him out.

I really was joking. I agree 100%. It's football. Lamar's not worried about and he's the one getting the hits. Why are folks sitting behind a computer keyboard worried? Because of what happened to RG3? Yeah, let's ignore Russell Wilson, Steve Young, Randall Cunningham and even Michael Vick.

Heck, all players are targeted.
    Yep....and I hate to say it, but all qb's will have injuries sooner or later. Hopefully, no one is head hunting...trying to take him out, but he doesn't seem to be too worried about it.