Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Stanley Doubtful, Hurst Protecting Lamar’s Blind Side...

I know it was 4 years ago and a different QB, but wasn’t Hurst the guy at RT when Flacco suffered his season-ending knee injury? Now Hurst is gonna have the responsibility of protecting Lamar’s blind side? There’s reason to be nervous IMO. There’s a lot more at stake now than any time in recent Ravens history.

Re: Stanley Doubtful, Hurst Protecting Lamar’s Blind Side...

I was waiting for this thread. I don't want to bash Hurst but in Stanley he has some pretty big shoes to fill.

Pretty sure he was LG and Donald ran him over. With Adams, Mosley and Quinnen Williams out for the Jets I think we will be ok and scheme to help J. Hurst out if needed.

Hurst will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by YoCo757 View Post
    I know it was 4 years ago and a different QB, but wasn’t Hurst the guy at RT when Flacco suffered his season-ending knee injury?
    Yes.

It's useful to look at the vid. Hurst was tripped by one of his own linemates, who was on the ground behind him. Like when a bully has a friend get on his hands-&-knees behind you, then he pushes. Could have happened to absolutely anyone; and should probably be charged more toward the guy on the ground behind Hurst, than to Hurst himself.

That said, it's also true that Hurst has not been played well for a couple seasons now.

I imagine Rickard will be helping out.

I expect Boyle and Rickard help out Hurst on the left side. Roman knows Hurst needs help protecting the QB.

DC Greg Williams is known to be aggressive and blitz. That's been Jackson's bread and butter; getting the ball out quick.I expect alot of Ingram/Gus and short passes this week.

Blog Entries

I love TNF but this is the issue; guys don't have enough time to recover, especially late in the season when they've been playing 3 months are are already banged up.

They'll have to limit certain plays, provide some help on that side, and roll with it. I think they'll be fine.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Hurst will be fine.
    I feel the same way. Of course Hurst isn't as effective (understatement) as Stanley, but he isn't a complete failure or the Ravens (AKA DeCosta) would have another back-up LT on the roster. Hurst is a veteran O-lineman and IMO can do a decent job in limited time. IOW, let's hope Stanley is fit as a fiddle December 22nd when we travel to Cleveland. Meanwhile play what you've got... Bc

Blog Entries

Fingers crossed. I think Ravenswintitle predicted that Stanley wouldn't make it through concussion protocol in time for the game.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

We better go into this game differently.

Im talkin' max protection in jumbo formation 2017 Ravens style with the tight end chipping and all. Everyone and their mothers protecting Lamar.