Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: All-Ravens Team

Re: All-Ravens Team

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Have there been great Ravens at CB since 08 other than prime Jimmy Smith? Only early Webb would possibly start in this secondary.

It's all good with me too. I didn't mean to come across as defensive.
    On an all-Ravens team (since '08), I would have put both Smith and Webb over Peters.

People are leaving Michael McCrary off their lists? Wow, no.

Also, Jarrett Johnson deserves way more love in this thread.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post

JJ is my favorite Raven of all-time. Sadly...he does not make my list though.

The problem defensively, the Ravens have had great players at all positions.
    So, it means some will be left off.

Defensively, we have to look at both the 2000 and 2006 teams and then sprinkle in other great players in there.
    And even though Marvin was the DC of that great 2000 team, Rex Ryan was the Dline coach at the time who then rose up and became the DC with that Chaos defense that was so incredible.
    If we just had an adequate offense, there should have been multiple Lombardis thru the 2000s.
    Give me Lamar, with Vonta Leach and Jamal (2003), Willis (2008), and Ray Rice (2009) and no one stops that running game.
    I didn't see anyone mention Jason Brown at center at 320 pounds and no one could move, from 2008, where we simply ran over teams all the way to the AFC championship game.
    The thing about Boldin, Smith SR, and Mason...even though they didn't have that great speed, they ALWAYS fought for the ball and most of the time made the damn catch.
    And Boldin, Mason, and Smith SR, together would have brought incredible swagger to an offense.
    And don't forget, Jermaine Lewis did play slot receiver at one point, but for some reason, only known to Billick, he was removed from that spot.
    So, if he is on the team as a returner, he could also play out of the slot for deep speed to stretch the field.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post

Who comes off?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Who comes off?
    I will say it's a little strange that two Ring of Honor members are absent from most lists (including mine). Well...three I guess if you include Byner (but that's not strange).

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    I will say it's a little strange that two Ring of Honor members are absent from most lists (including mine). Well...three I guess if you include Byner (but that's not strange).
    Boulware and McCrary, I honeslty had to watch some highlgihts on to get a better understanding of their positions and fit.

Not going to hide from that, I didnt remember well lol.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Who comes off?
    On my list ...Mosley. But I went a few deep at the LB spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boulware and McCrary, I honeslty had to watch some highlgihts on to get a better understanding of their positions and fit.

Not going to hide from that, I didnt remember well lol.
    I think that’s it in a nutshell. A lot of posters here are younger. Hence they didn’t see the teams from 96-2007. No harm in that. We all route for the same team! #RavensFamily

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I think that’s it in a nutshell. A lot of posters here are younger. Hence they didn’t see the teams from 96-2007. No harm in that. We all route for the same team! #RavensFamily

Oh for sure. I'd 100% acknowledge that.

Like I said earlier, I rely on the more seasoned Ravens folks to educate me.

That said I've seen younger people try and call the older folks dinosaurs and dismiss them, so I'm sure that's annoying. That said, I'm all ears.
    - Ray Lewis

Oh for sure. I'd 100% acknowledge that.

Like I said earlier, I rely on the more seasoned Ravens folks to educate me.

That said I've seen younger people try and call the older folks dinosaurs and dismiss them, so I'm sure that's annoying. That said, I'm all ears.
    You’re good people Cole. I’ve never seen you call someone names that didn’t deserve it. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    You’re good people Cole. I’ve never seen you call someone names that didn’t deserve it. Lol.

Hey man, sometimes someone needs to be called a twatwaffle.
    - Ray Lewis