Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens and the #1 Seed

With 3 games to play, do I have it correct when saying the Ravens will be the #1 seed in the AFC with home field advantage if we win any 2 of our last 3 games?

Ravens would finish 13-3 or 14-2
    NE at best can finish 13-3 (losing tie-breaker due to H2H)
    KC at best can finish 12-4

In a perfect scenario, we take care of business at home on Thursday against the Jets. Come out healthy, enjoy the mini bye then beat the Browns next week. Stay healthy, no injuries and Week #17 against the Steelers can be a walkthrough.

Having the mini bye after our TNF game this late in the season is a blessing. Add in hopefully another full rest week during the wild card round sets this team up very well.

What becomes important is NE and KC staying in the #2 and #3 seeds (regardless of who finishes where) so one will be eliminated. This ensures our Divisional weekend game at home will be against one of Houston, Buffalo, Tennessee or Pittsburgh. I like our chances.

CAN'T WAIT!! January and February will be fun.

Re: Ravens and the #1 Seed

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_21 View Post
    With 3 games to play, do I have it correct when saying the Ravens will be the #1 seed in the AFC with home field advantage if we win any 2 of our last 3 games?
    Yupp!

Blog Entries

Maybe Tony oughta sticky the seeding scenarios so we don't get 10 more threads like this by tomorrow evening.

Best I can figure is:

At 14-2 (win out ) or 13-3 (win 2 of remaining ), Crows get #1 seed & HFA

At 12-4 (win 1 of remaining ), Crows get
    • #1 seed & HFA if both NE & KC lose once more;
    • #2 seed and a bye if either NE or KC loses once more;
    • #3 seed & a home game if both NE & KC win out.

At 11-5 (lose out ) Crows get
    • #1 seed & HFA if both NE & KC lose at least twice more and BUF, PGH & TEN each lose at least once more;
    • #2 seed and a bye if either NE or KC loses twice more and PGH, HOU & TEN each lose at least once more;
    • #3 seed & a home game if NE & KC each lose at most once more while PGH & TEN lose at least once more;
    • #4 seed & a home game if NE & KC each lose at most once more while TEN wins out & PGH loses at least once more;
    • #5 seed if PGH wins out.

Let us devoutly hope that as of Friday morning we can deep-six the disappointing and convoluted 11-5 scenarios.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Maybe Tony oughta sticky the seeding scenarios so we don't get 10 more threads like this by tomorrow evening.
    Wait til tomorrow, at least.

Just use the ESPN Playoff machine...easy peasy

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Blog Entries

Just take it one game at a time. A win tonight and the Ravens lock up the AFC North. Then 10 days off until the Browns game.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Just take it one game at a time. A win tonight and the Ravens lock up the AFC North. Then 10 days off until the Browns game.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

What becomes important is NE and KC staying in the #2 and #3 seeds (regardless of who finishes where) so one will be eliminated. This ensures our Divisional weekend game at home will be against one of Houston, Buffalo, Tennessee or Pittsburgh. I like our chances.
    Careful what you wish for.

I’d rather play NE than Tennessee. The Titans are the kind of team we have been in years past — peaking at the right time, a dangerous WC team that no one will want to play. They have a better defense than the Pats, as well as a more explosive offense.

Houston and Buffalo I’m not worried about. No reason I should be concerned about Pitt either, except that they’re Pitt. Their defense is for real, and in this rivalry, weird shit happens. I’d rather play the Pats than either Pitt or Tennessee.

But as long as it’s a home game, I’ll be feeling good versus anybody.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

This has been a very long time coming. Ravens fans deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    The Titans are the kind of team we have been in years past — peaking at the right time, a dangerous WC team that no one will want to play. They have a better defense than the Pats...
    Is Dean Pees still coordinating their defense?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Is Dean Pees still coordinating their defense?
    Yes. And two separate teams have managed to win Lombardis with Dean Pees coordinating their defense.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    And two separate teams have managed to win Lombardis with Dean Pees coordinating their defense.
    I think he was LB coach for the Pats team that won. Not the actual DC.