Man made global cooling

Ok, I am a believer. Us humans have really done it now. We have cooled the earth so much that the ice caps must have re-froze. I took the dog out this morning and it was much colder than yesterday. And there was snow covering everything. Then I went to check on the boat and tide was so low that my boat was sitting on mud. We have learned that higher tides are because ice caps are melting. So these super low tides must mean the ice caps are freezing.

This has to be the direct result of human behavior.

Enough is enough. Can we have our incandescent light bulbs back, I wanted to take the boat out this weekend.

Blog Entries

Re: Man made global cooling

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Ok, I am a believer. Us humans have really done it now. We have cooled the earth so much that the ice caps must have re-froze. I took the dog out this morning and it was much colder than yesterday. And there was snow covering everything. Then I went to check on the boat and tide was so low that my boat was sitting on mud. We have learned that higher tides are because ice caps are melting. So these super low tides must mean the ice caps are freezing.

This has to be the direct result of human behavior.

Enough is enough. Can we have our incandescent light bulbs back, I wanted to take the boat out this weekend.
    Speaking of light bulbs, whoever designed the CFL bulbs should be shot on sight. Why would anyone think that it's a good idea to put dangerous mercury in a light bulb. I remember when they first came out they were supposed to last much, much longer than incandescent light bulbs and save on electricity. I made the mistake of buying in to the hype and bought lots of them. Come to find out, they don't last longer(far from it) and take a little while to become fully bright. And now I have to recycle my CFL bulbs at Home Depot in their special container. because of the mercury. It just goes to show you that sometimes, more efficient is not always environmentally friendly. And yes, we had snow covering the ground this morning also. I'm ready for spring.
    Last edited by CarrollCoRaven; 12-13-2019 at 01:33 AM.

Re: Man made global cooling

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Speaking of light bulbs, whoever designed the CFL bulbs should be shot on sight. Why would anyone think that it's a good idea to put dangerous mercury in a light bulb. I remember when they first came out they were supposed to last much, much longer than incandescent light bulbs and save on electricity. I made the mistake of buying in to the hype and bought lots of them. Come to find out, they don't last longer(far from it) and take a little while to become fully bright. And now I have to recycle my CFL bulbs at Home Depot in their special container. because of the mercury. It just goes to show you that sometimes, more efficient is not always environmentally friendly. And yes, we had snow covering the ground this morning also. I'm ready fro spring.
    Had my daughter knock a lamp over and break one as a toddler. Had to evacuate the room while we borderline executed hasmat protocols to clean it up.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk