Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Brandon Williams Revival

Gotta give B-Will credit.

When the season started I was looking to see how soon we could cut him. This year he's making plays on the ball in addition to what he does off ball and it's had a major impact.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/...66566869520386

This is a good example. Last year he made plays like this, but he'd eat that double and open up a free lane for a LB to make a play on the ball carrier. Now I'm seeing more and more him come off the block and make the play himself. He's also actually having a pass rush imapct, albeit still minor. But Ill take minor over non-existant.

Big kudos to the big man. He needed a breakout season since signing his deal and this is t.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Re: Brandon Williams Revival

With the decreased defensive number of plays he is staying on the field for more third downs. He has had an excellent year with production more in line with his cap number. He will always have haters but they ought to look at the last game he missed was against Cleveland and they ran all over us. When he does not play the run defense suffers a lot.

I agree...I was all for cutting him this coming offseason due to his bloated cap number, but now, I'd look for a solid/moderate extension. His cap number won't go down a ton, but maybe we can knock it down to $10 million or so...I could live with that.

He's having a great year.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

He's by no means a pass rusher, but it is interesting to see. According to PFF's count, he has a career high in QB Hits with 3 games to go. He's getting there more than ever before at least.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

He’s balling out of control right now and I was a poster who wanted him gone. He’s making splash plays left and right, chasing down ball carriers, pushing the pocket. It’s like he’s a completely different player. Shout out to Big Baby.

Blog Entries

Should probably give some credit to Earl Thomas for lighting a fire under his ass. He's been playing very well and as someone who has never been a fan of the contract, I'm glad to see we're getting better return than we've gotten previously.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

BWill da man. Always has been.

Blog Entries

I credit his discussion with Earl Thomas

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

He also had a great play Sunday where the RB got through and he caught him from behind, preventing what could have been a huge gain. I couldn't believe it when I saw that it was him who made the play.

Yep very impressive how he is chasing down field to hit RB's from behind.
    Playing hard and not giving up on plays

I thought they had groomed Pierce and were poised for him to be the next DT to get paid and they would show BWill the door.

Pierce coming in out of shape and then missing some time this year has really changed that outlook. Maybe they extend Brandon instead and let Pierce hit FA now.

I also think the early season injury and confrontation with Earl played a role in his resurgence.

I have seen B Will assisting in tackles down field - for his size he can motor.