Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The 2018 Draft Revisited

Jeff Zrebiec did an article on this today. What grade would you give it now? If these guys continue on the upward trajectory, this could not be the greatest draft class in Ravens history, but potentially of any NFL team in history. The top 4 picks all Pro Bowlers potentially. Then you have a rising Bradley Bozeman too. (Is he getting Pro Bowl consideration, too)?

Man, who do you pay? Who do you let get away? (Obviously at this point, definitely LJ).

Re: The 2018 Draft Revisited

Holy hyperbole!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Jeff Zrebiec did an article on this today. What grade would you give it now? If these guys continue on the upward trajectory, this could not be the greatest draft class in Ravens history, but potentially of any NFL team in history. The top 4 picks all Pro Bowlers potentially. Then you have a rising Bradley Bozeman too. (Is he getting Pro Bowl consideration, too)?

Man, who do you pay? Who do you let get away? (Obviously at this point, definitely LJ).
    Sign....ALL OF THEM! Sign them all to suspiciously low salaries while secretly making them shareholders of the Baltimore Ravens.

Jeff Zrebiec did an article on this today. What grade would you give it now? If these guys continue on the upward trajectory, this could not be the greatest draft class in Ravens history, but potentially of any NFL team in history.
    That's crazy talk. The Steelers had some draft class in the 70s with like 3 or 4 Hall of Famers.

We got some nice players last year. Cool. I'm not quite ready for the "in history" stuff.

Blog Entries

We're several years out from this and a lot can change, but I would imagine they pay Jackson and Andrews. Unfortunately with having to pay Stanley a 100M contract along with the several other players they have both from and not from this class that will need sizable deals, I doubt they are going to turn around and pay Brown Jr. the huge deal he'll be looking for and deserving of. Have no idea what to expect from Hurst going for his second contract at 30.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    That's crazy talk. The Steelers had some draft class in the 70s with like 3 or 4 Hall of Famers.

We got some nice players last year. Cool. I'm not quite ready for the "in history" stuff.
    I was thinking of the great Steelers classes which gained multiple HOF. No, obviously, we are far from that conversation. But if things continue trending up it this could be a draft class to remember for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    We're several years out from this and a lot can change, but I would imagine they pay Jackson and Andrews. Unfortunately with having to pay Stanley a 100M contract along with the several other players they have both from and not from this class that will need sizable deals, I doubt they are going to turn around and pay Brown Jr. the huge deal he'll be looking for and deserving of. Have no idea what to expect from Hurst going for his second contract at 30.
    I do imagine they will place a great importance on always having an outstanding OL in front of Lamar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I would pay OB2 even after paying Stanley. At least the bookends would be together for a decade. Easier to find guards and center than great tackles.

Blog Entries

I'm sure they would like to keep Brown Jr. but they have a bunch of guys that are going to get top of the market contracts over the next couple of years and they have to keep Jackson's future 30M+ per year contract in mind too. You can't pay everyone...Judon, Humphrey, and Stanley alone are going to take up a significant amount of cap...Peters as well if they decide to sign him and at this point there's no reason to think they won't try to. Andrews seems likely to set the TE market in two years.

Recent RT contracts range from 50M to 72M over 4/5 years...we'd need to sign Brown in 2 years, and he's already establishing himself as a top RT...so that 72M that Johnson signed for is probably the floor. I guess we'll see. We really have no idea how EDC is going to handle building the team long term.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I'm hoping also that Lamar takes the Tom Brady route and takes lower to field a competitive team.

I'm hoping also that Lamar takes the Tom Brady route and takes lower to field a competitive team.
    Wow. I'm thinking about the Jets game (and the Xmas party I have Thurs night). You are light years ahead of me.

Interesting take. Would love to see that happened but he's not married to a multi millionaire......yet
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer