Blog Entries

NFL Films Top 10 What Ifs- Butterfly Effect

This is the video of the NFL Films Top 10, episode, "What Ifs"......

This may be a creative opportunity, especially for older football fans, to provide knowledge. With a hint of humor. Young and old, knowledgeable and novice, please watch this video and then decide which of the 'What Ifs' from 10-2 (Excluding the Merger), would have led to the largest butterfly effect.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: NFL Films Top 10 What Ifs- Butterfly Effect

What If the Washington Redskins lose super bowl XVII and end up picking 27th instead of 28th in the following draft and take Dan Marino. Can you imagine Dan Marino with Joe Gibbs.

What if the Patriots drafted Lamar Jackson?

NFL Films Top 10 What Ifs- Butterfly Effect

Fascinating (and at times absurd) video - thx for sharing! As a lifelong Baltimorean, their #4 (Elway not demanding a trade) would have had the biggest Butterfly Effect. At least in my opinion. Who knows, though. I also liked the “What if Scott Norwood doesn’t miss the FG...”.

Edit: Then again, Bob Irsay is still Bob Irsay, and had already ruined the franchise at that point. Even with Elway, I think having an owner like him dooms the Colts regardless.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mdduckman View Post
    Fascinating (and at times absurd) video - thx for sharing! As a lifelong Baltimorean, their #4 (Elway not demanding a trade) would have had the biggest Butterfly Effect. At least in my opinion. Who knows, though. I also liked the “What if Scott Norwood doesn’t miss the FG...”.

Edit: Then again, Bob Irsay is still Bob Irsay, and had already ruined the franchise at that point. Even with Elway, I think having an owner like him dooms the Colts regardless.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I thought about #4 a lot. With the knowledge that Irsay was actively trying to move the team from Baltimore, before he even finalized his purchase of the team, I did wonder if he would still try to find a way to move the team. Otherwise, #4 is a good choice. Elway stays in Baltimore and the Colts are revitalized, which means Denver isn't. Which means the Browns wouldn't have Denver in their way. Which means, they likely make a Super Bowl, at the very least. Which means more money for Modell and leverage for a new stadium (If he doesn't blow it, like some of the poor financial decisions he'd previously made). This also puts Indianapolis at risk of not drafting Peyton Manning, even with the assumption that they end up with one of the expansion teams. Which means one of the Jaguars or Panthers doesn't exist. Does Shanahan come to Baltimore? Ozzie likely stays in Cleveland, which, if he does anything like what he did here, Browns/Steelers remains the top rivalry in the division. Manning is a Charger. Does someone move up for Ryan Leaf? I mean, #4 does seem endless.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I thought about #4 a lot. With the knowledge that Irsay was actively trying to move the team from Baltimore, before he even finalized his purchase of the team, I did wonder if he would still try to find a way to move the team. Otherwise, #4 is a good choice. Elway stays in Baltimore and the Colts are revitalized, which means Denver isn't. Which means the Browns wouldn't have Denver in their way. Which means, they likely make a Super Bowl, at the very least. Which means more money for Modell and leverage for a new stadium (If he doesn't blow it, like some of the poor financial decisions he'd previously made). This also puts Indianapolis at risk of not drafting Peyton Manning, even with the assumption that they end up with one of the expansion teams. Which means one of the Jaguars or Panthers doesn't exist. Does Shanahan come to Baltimore? Ozzie likely stays in Cleveland, which, if he does anything like what he did here, Browns/Steelers remains the top rivalry in the division. Manning is a Charger. Does someone move up for Ryan Leaf? I mean, #4 does seem endless.
    Last edited by 4G63; 12-10-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdduckman View Post

as I recall the Colts wouldn't win a playoff game until Robert Irsay was on his deathbed.
    I wonder if Elway, had he stayed in Baltimore, would have been another Neil Lomax, a great qb on a poor team that never won much.
    who knows; if Irsay had hired a real GM and a different coach than Frank Kush, it might have worked.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

What if Irsay died of alcohol poisoning in 1981?

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    as I recall the Colts wouldn't win a playoff game until Robert Irsay was on his deathbed.
    I wonder if Elway, had he stayed in Baltimore, would have been another Neil Lomax, a great qb on a poor team that never won much.
    who knows; if Irsay had hired a real GM and a different coach than Frank Kush, it might have worked.
    Archie Manning like career, but Elway was so talented I think he would have at least willed some Colts teams into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    Elway saw what the Colts problem was - Irsay

As long as drunk Bob controlled the franchise as owner it was a train wreck no matter where it existed.