Blog Entries

More than Lamar: Ravens defense show they can be heroes, too

Jamison Hensley article at ESPN

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Baltimore Ravens clinched a playoff berth Sunday, and it wasn't because quarterback Lamar Jackson drove the team into game-winning field-goal range or put up 40 points in a blowout.

Monday through Friday, host Mina Kimes brings you an inside look at the most interesting stories at ESPN, as told by the top reporters and insiders on the planet. Listen

The Ravens became the second team in the NFL to earn a postseason spot because of a defense that went from being Jackson's complementary piece to being clutch performers in a 24-17 win over the Buffalo Bills.

Baltimore cornerback Marcus Peters broke up a fourth-down pass at the Ravens' 1-yard line with 1 minute, 3 seconds remaining, wrapping up a franchise-best ninth straight win. But, unlike most of the season, the defense got to wear the cape.

"We want to be the heroes sometimes," linebacker Matthew Judon said. "It’s usually Lamar and the offensive line are the heroes of the game and they milk the clock. [On Sunday], we were called upon. We focus on our situation even though they drove the ball down the field. We knew [to] bend but never break."
    More after the cut.

Judon played another great game. Ferguson seems to be getting better. The addition of Peters, Fort, and Bynes has really paid off.

Re: More than Lamar: Ravens defense show they can be heroes, too

Judon has been playing his tail off and has increasingly upped his game year after year. Def need to resign him... Leader of the D

...unless they can sign Clowney

As the season deepens, defense w/b more important. Cleveland's defense has kept them in games, allowing 20 ppg since 10/27 loss to Pats. They aren't bad, and we're playing out there where it's always tough. Pittsburgh has been outstanding on D.And the playoffs speak for themselves. Ravens aren't going to score 35-40 a game anymore.
    Last edited by mikezpen; 12-09-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Judon has been playing his tail off and has increasingly upped his game year after year. Def need to resign him... Leader of the D
    Humphrey and Judon need to be staples of this defense for years to come.

Judon is getting paid and it has to be by us.

Can't let him go.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I am so glad we are out of cap hell next year. I'd be happy to pay up for both Judon and Peters. Then Stanley and Humphrey. That is one hell of a nucleus of young players. Supplement the rest of the defensive needs through the draft and boom, a very good defense with a very young offense. We've got 3 more years with Lamar on his rookie deal. Then, we'll have to pay him and Andrews.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    I am so glad we are out of cap hell next year. I'd be happy to pay up for both Judon and Peters. Then Stanley and Humphrey. That is one hell of a nucleus of young players. Supplement the rest of the defensive needs through the draft and boom, a very good defense with a very young offense. We've got 3 more years with Lamar on his rookie deal. Then, we'll have to pay him and Andrews.
    What you said

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pay Judon and Peters...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Judon has come a long way. Once upon a time, he was that guy who frustrated you, because he had an empty-headed mistake in him. He has really forced me to consider otherwise this year.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 12-10-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Judon has come a long way. Once upon a time, he was that guy who frustrated you, because he had an empty-headed mistake in him. He has really forced me to to consider otherwise this year.
    Ex, I'm on that train of thought too. While he had 19 sacks in his first three seasons, he has matured/developed into a force in 2019. 8.5 sacks, 3 FFs, 8 STFs, and 44 tackles (34 solo). We Ravens fans are so used to having leaders in our "D" (Ray, Reed, Suggs, etc.), and Judon seems to be filling the bill... Bc

Gonna give some love to chuck too!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk