Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Second String VS Jets

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    3 weeks rest? That's when you start to worry about game rust. I'm resting week 17 and the bye at MOST
    Exactly. We all know its a game of inches. The game moves SO FAST.
    Right now, all teams are moving at that speed...even the bad ones.
    But, when you sit for awhile, it causes that "rust" between players.
    With the offense, it causes them to be out of sync...just a little...enough, that some of the spectacular plays we have been seeing, don't happen.
    Passes off the fingertips...one step behind or ahead...missing blocks, fumbles at the mesh point, bad snaps, overthrows, underthrows, etc.

I'm just hoping our guys do their thing early and often and can come out early.
    But we need to go out there firing on all cylinders.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

I'm extremely worried about this game.

Sunday was very physical. Those bruises and soreness last a few days. It's been a very emotional 10 game stretch against some very good teams
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

Sunday was very physical. Those bruises and soreness last a few days. It's been a very emotional 10 game stretch against some very good teams
    I concur. They have been through the wringer, especially in the last two games, so it would not surprise me if they stumble in this one.
    Captain Offense

Maybe I’m crazy but I’m really not worried about the Jets. I’m not cocky enough to sit healthy starters, but I just can’t see them being able to move the ball. Their O line blows, Bell is out, Darnold makes questionable decisions, and Anderson and Herndon have disappointed all year. I think we win if we can score 10 points

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Maybe I’m crazy but I’m really not worried about the Jets. I’m not cocky enough to sit healthy starters, but I just can’t see them being able to move the ball. Their O line blows, Bell is out, Darnold makes questionable decisions, and Anderson and Herndon have disappointed all year. I think we win if we can score 10 points
    Anderson has been on fire his last 3 games. We struggled against Cole Beasley and I could see Crowder's quickness giving us problems.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

The other issue is it's the NFL we have guys up and down the roster dealing with nagging injuries what does it say to them if we sit Lamar and Andrews while they are out there playing through things.

Nah, we have a good thing going if injuries happen they happen but we start pulling stunts like this then it's going to cause problems and we will get bounced anyways. This isn't week 17 and we haven't secured a first round bye we are still playing for something.

Blog Entries

Keep momentum. They can rest after the game with 10 days off

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

look, the reason some are on the injury report is BECAUSE it's a short week. if we played the Jets sunday i bet LJ would've been out there practicing yesterday. it's because it's a short week that they gave him rest. he will be fine.

Survive and advance is the motto this week. Just win.
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

I feel like we've been worried every game during the win streak, we're Ravens fans, it's basically in our DNA after the Flacco era to anticipate the big let down.

I do agree we're getting physically/emotionally drained from playing high level teams basically every week and we just played the two most physical games of the year back-to-back.

We need this 10 day rest period after Thursday badly. I would say just relax and have faith in this team, they have fought their ass off all year and beat great teams in the midst of adversity. They can handle the Jets at home, they'll suck it up, figure it out, and enjoy a nice long rest after.

We're at home and the talent gap is pretty massive, they'll get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I feel like we've been worried every game during the win streak, we're Ravens fans, it's basically in our DNA after the Flacco era to anticipate the big let down.

I do agree the team is getting drained from playing high level teams basically every week and we just played the two most physical games of the year back-to-back.

We badly need this 10 day rest period after Thursday. I would say just relax and have faith in this team, they have fought their ass off all year and beat great teams in the midst of adversity. They can handle the Jets at home, they'll suck it up, figure it out, and enjoy a nice long rest after.

We're at home and the talent gap is pretty massive, they'll get it done.
    Being at home is a good point. If this was on the road it'd be a lto worse.
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    I concur. They have been through the wringer, especially in the last two games, so it would not surprise me if they stumble in this one.
    Which is why we are fortunate to get a meh opponent after running the gauntlet of elite opposition.

They can stumble a bit and still gut out a win on primetime with the home crowd behind them. I expect the defense to dominate and the Jets to turn the ball over a few times. For the second straight week expect the defense to do the heavy lifting and give a banged up offense some short fields.