Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Martindale is one of the best coordinators we have ever had

What an outstanding job he has done with the defense this season. With the amount of key players we lost in the offseason, we were never going to statistically become the out and out #1 ranked defense like we were last season. But if you look at who we have played on our schedule, this defense is actually for real. We do have elite talent in the secondary, but the front 7 really has no huge names in football. Matt Judon is an ascending player in the league, but he isn't what Terrell Suggs used to be. Pierce and Williams are elite RUN stuffers and space eaters, but they aren't going to change the game the way an Aaron Donald can. We basically have no names at ILB, but wink has them all playing fantastically well under the radar. The stats don't necessary indicate that this is an elite defense, but I would say we are a top 5 defense, and that is due to who we have played.

I respect what Greg Roman has done with our offense, but I honestly think if anyone is going to become a HC, it is Wink who will get the interest.

Re: Martindale is one of the best coordinators we have ever had

Defensive coach hires to be head coaches are not very sexy. I suspect most of the new hires will be on the offensive side. GRo will get a lot of attention and rightly so. But teams and GRo both need to be careful to honestly evaluate the talent they have and see if his playbook is a match. There is only one LJ and he is not going anywhere. Try to run these plays with a qb who does not have the right skill set and you get beat to death every week. You think a Flacco type qb can run this system. Not a chance. If you don’t have a highly mobile, short passing accurate qb you won’t be happy with GRo. Not until he draws up another new offensive system.

Blog Entries

He schemes pass rush with a team that has very little. So smart to know he didn’t need a deep safety yesterday due to wind. So they sent the house repeatedly.
    Still standing guys up at the line so you don’t know who’s coming.

Every game a little different to attack the weakness

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm impressed with his in-game adjustments. Other than the CLE game when he was operating with one arm tied behind his back.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

I don't envy this front seven that he has to work with. On that alone, he has my respect.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I don't envy this front seven that he has to work with. On that alone, he has my respect.
    The front 7 has a lot of retreads and guys pulled off the scrap heap but that secondary has been lights out since they traded for Peters. You're talking about 4 1st rounders in that secondary. It's no coincidence the defensive level went wayyy up when Peters and Smith arrived.

That said, it's one thing to have the secondary he has, it's another to have soo much trust in your guys that you dial up the blitz play after play and just count on them to hold up in the back-end. You wonder if a guy like Pees would trust his secondary as much as Martindale does.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    You wonder if a guy like Pees would trust his secondary as much as Martindale does.
    No one wonders. We all know the answer.

8. Re: Martindale is one of the best coordinators we have ever had

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    You wonder if a guy like Pees would trust his secondary as much as Martindale does.
    Nope, 'Pees-vent Dean-fense' would be requiring 3 press-excelling Corners to provide enough cushion to be invisible upon the television screen! I think I would even take 'Grandpa' Greg Mattison over the aforementioned, renowned jerk-off who had already resigned himself to getting outta here ASAP. After all, the fans rightfully had their pitchforks out for his head, so he knew he was gonna be run outta town anyhow, just like had been the case with him in several other places (similar to Cam Cameron), including New England.

Said jackass clearly and unforgivably phoned it in for the final 2017 regular season game against the Bengals in Baltimore (if not long before!), costing the Ravens & their postseason dreams dearly in the process, as if he actually gave two shits! Hell, he was almost assuredly already packed, as he couldn't wait to "retire", then subsequently bolt for Nashville whilst immediately boasting about how he had never been fired in his 45-year coaching career during his introductory press conference with the Tennessee Titans! So anyway, I dunno if Don 'Wink' Martindale is the best, but Dean Pees was definitely far & away the worst IMHO!

My goodness, since 2000, we have been blessed in so many departments: GM, DC, OC, linebacker (multiple), safety, corner, OT, RB, DT, place kicker (twice), punter, QB (twice), etc.

Crazy coaches crazy

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Both will be gone after this season unless:

1. They turn down interviews.
    2. All the hires will have been made the week before our SB parade downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    My goodness, since 2000, we have been blessed in so many departments: GM, DC, OC, linebacker (multiple), safety, corner, OT, RB, DT, place kicker (twice), punter, QB (twice), etc.
    I think we may have turned the corner in the WR department, too. Wait until next year.