Why doesn't the NFL simply care about getting the calls as right as possible?

As much as I hate to admit it because I despite the Pats and think they deserve no credit or excuses, what happened to them in yesterday's game with some of those OBVIOUS plays that EVERYBODY watching at home could see were called wrong, it's just ridiculous. The NFL should get rid of coaches challenges entirely and treat the entire game similarly to how they treat the final 2 minutes. Better yet, every game should have 3 randomly selected neutral observers in the NFL offices watching it in real-time, and at any time if 2 of the 3 think a play should be reviewed based on what just happened, they can trigger the review. I think the whole point of review is to try and get as much right as possible, but with the risk of slowing the game down too much if you review TOO MANY calls. But the solution should be, for the sake of game flow, fairness, accuracy, and publicity, the things that should get reviewed are the things that everybody watching at home can see and knows needs to be reviewed. Screw this nonsense of, oh, do you waste a challenge, or oh, you're out of challenges now and this OBVIOUS wrong call can't be looked at! When everybody at home is seeing with their own two eyes that a call is dead fucking wrong, then REVIEW IT AND CHANGE IT! I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept? Get the calls right, and avoid the controversy that we have today, or after the Saints/Rams game last year. Just make it fucking right, right then and there. You all know the wrong shit was called. Fix it!

Blog Entries

Re: Why doesn't the NFL simply care about getting the calls as right as possible?

I think the NFL is rigged, to some degree. Possibly a moderate degree.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore