Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

How do you get a copy of the local audio broadcast?

Does anyone know how to get a copy of the local audio broadcast from a football game? I need to get a hold of the broadcast from yesterday (Patriots).

I would appreciate any suggestions. My Googlefu turned up nothing. Sirius xm doesn't have any on demand audio.

I just couldn't believe that one of the announcers actually said that Mahomes "deserves to be knocked into the heater." He was cheering on someone getting injured and hit out of bounds (though he maintained that the hit was in bounds).

He sees no irony in his complaining about a hit on Brady (his perspective was a late hit not called).

Someone really needs to talk with Zolack and Minimally he needs to apologize for for his actions/words.

Blog Entries

Re: How do you get a copy of the local audio broadcast?

Someone has this audio recording, I just need to find it. Scott Zolack's behavior was unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Someone has this audio recording, I just need to find it. Scott Zolack's behavior was unacceptable.
    Do you have any idea of when in the game it was? NFL Gamepass lets you listen to the radio broadcast of a game, could pull it from there myself if you want.

If you have NFL Game Pass, they give you the option of listening to both the home and away broadcasts for every game (also the Spanish and Westwood One broadcasts if there is one).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BhndEnemyLines20 View Post
    Do you have any idea of when in the game it was? NFL Gamepass lets you listen to the radio broadcast of a game, could pull it from there myself if you want.
    Woah! Seriously!?

Yeah I'll track it down right now!

The Patriots radio team are every bit as scummy as the rest of that organization. They actually smack talk the opposing teams on air during the game and stuff like that so hearing this doesn’t surprise me at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BhndEnemyLines20 View Post
    Thank you so much for telling me about this!

OK. Going back to the game on my Tivo. In the 3rd quarter of the game, Mahomes is hit late out of bounds and the clock stops with 4:10 left on the clock. Tony Romo on the CBS broadcast says it should be a penalty (but the refs don't call it). The hit starts in bounds but is gratuitously finhed off out of bounds.

Mahomes is knocked all the way into the heater.

My guess is that shortly after the hit during the replays is when Zolack makes his statements saying that he should have been knocked into the heater. If the heater was on, he could have been seriously injured.

I want to hear the whole dialog. I was greatly taken back by Zolack's comments I just couldn't believe it. I know he said what I quoted above, I was typing into the other games thread at the time. I'm hoping to find something that puts it in context where he pulls the punch, but I fear that it may be worse and Zolack says something like good or other cheering for the potential injury/harm. It was weird and just saying that he deserves the late hit into heater is bad enough.

If you can find it, that would be great! My buddy is a Patriots PSL holder and I know he never uses his game pass, next week when he gets back from the conference, I'll ask him if he can log on and bring it up for me.

Side Note: I didn't notice before but Mahomes nearly nails Spencer Ware in the nuts with the ball on his way falling to the ground. Ware kind of jumps up and brings his legs together a bit or he would have got him.

Woah! Seriously!?

Yeah I'll track it down right now!
    You can get a free trial if you don't want to wait.

This doesn't have the clip you're talking about, but a lot of folks have commented on Zolak losing his mind on this broadcast.

Here's a Boston radio station playing clips from the radio broadcast where they mock him. You can hear he's a frustrated homer, and it's easy to go from hearing this to imagining him making a comment about smacking Mahommes.

You can check in around 13:30.

By the way, there is some discussion later in the broadcast about ref Jerome Boger having it out for the Patriots. They cite him being the ref in their last home loss against the Panthers.

Zolak, who played at Maryland thirty years ago, reminds me of another radio broadcast homer, Ken "Hawk" Harrelson, who by the way is going into the HOF as a broadcaster. Yesterday I heard an old clip where Harrelson rooted for a White Sox batter to smack a line drive up the middle, off the head of the pitcher, after he took offense to pitch inside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    This doesn't have the clip you're talking about, but a lot of folks have commented on Zolak losing his mind on this broadcast.

Here's a Boston radio station playing clips from the radio broadcast where they mock him. You can hear he's a frustrated homer, and it's easy to go from hearing this to imagining him making a comment about smacking Mahommes.

You can check in around 13:30.

By the way, there is some discussion later in the broadcast about ref Jerome Boger having it out for the Patriots. They cite him being the ref in their last home loss against the Panthers.

Zolak, who played at Maryland thirty years ago, reminds me of another radio broadcast homer, Ken "Hawk" Harrelson, who by the way is going into the HOF as a broadcaster. Yesterday I heard an old clip where Harrelson rooted for a White Sox batter to smack a line drive up the middle, off the head of the pitcher, after he took offense to pitch inside.
    He did lose it, most other 98.5 hosts the next day were calling him out for it. To the extent that one host (IDK/remember who it was) said that the best job that day was done by Bob Sose to keep Zolack in some semblance of suitability for air. Bob is the play by play guy to Scott's color man duties - and really Scott Zolack's nut sucking of Bill and Tom, yes it is that bad - worse than the worst psychophant you ever heard - he does not have a brown nose it's his entire head.

Yeah I know about his Maryland QB playing and his just outside Pittsburgh childhood including him saying that if he screwed up playing football as a kid his dad would take him into the garage and whip him and beat him. He said that on air sometime in the last 4 years. Likely after deflate gate sometime or after Ray Rice or maybe even closer to the timeline was after Adrian Peterson beating his kid. I found it horrifying that that happens, even though I know it does, it's terrible to hear about it.

Blog Entries

He did lose it, most other 98.5 hosts the next day were calling him out for it. To the extent that one host (IDK/remember who it was) said that the best job that day was done by Bob Sose to keep Zolack in some semblance of suitability for air. Bob is the play by play guy to Scott's color man duties - and really Scott Zolack's nut sucking of Bill and Tom, yes it is that bad - worse than the worst psychophant you ever heard - he does not have a brown nose it's his entire head.

Yeah I know about his Maryland QB playing and his just outside Pittsburgh childhood including him saying that if he screwed up playing football as a kid his dad would take him into the garage and whip him and beat him. He said that on air sometime in the last 4 years. Likely after deflate gate sometime or after Ray Rice or maybe even closer to the timeline was after Adrian Peterson beating his kid. I found it horrifying that that happens, even though I know it does, it's terrible to hear about it.
    Still doesn't excuse his on air behaviors and what came out of his mouth.