Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Good game...few thoughts from Bills fan

Quote Originally Posted by RavensPPark View Post
    yes - they were doing the collapsing pocket thing when Lamar was throwing but they played Cover 0 a lot and their safeties had 17 tackles between them.
    Cover 0 isn't going to fly in better weather because that will leave Hollywood one on one with a corner back. Neither team respected the deep pass because it wasn't in play. It's becoming obvious that the threat of the deep pass is needed to really open this offense. When it's not there, you get games like the 49ers and Bills games, where they were still able to grind it out.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Great post.

Bills are legit man. That defense is the real fucking deal. And Allen reminds me of a young Cam (which is a compliment, I know some might not take it that way lol). I think yall win the AFC East next year.

I've kept tabs on the Bills defense all year. Alot of that is because I had them on my fantasy team in a few leagues. I'm not at all surprise by their efforts. Knew it would be tough.
    I also felt that if we had Allen on the run (like we did) we were in good shape. I'm rooting for the Bills to win the division. Would be a nice change. Now go beat the Steelers!!
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    LMFAO I didn’t see that. Lamar looked great
    I don't think so. Not in comparison to other games this year. He looked fine and did what he needed but in comparison, this was not "great" by Jackson standards.

I will give the OP this: the Bills played better than I expected. Allen wasn't very accurate...I wondered how much was the wind and how much was him? Both teams had to play in it, though.

As someone said, the Ravens comfortably outplayed the Bills--and the 24-9 score well represented the difference between the two teams--minus the shaky officiating. Claiming the calls went each way is wishful thinking. Each of the phantom calls against the Ravens was a major bailout for the Bills to keep them in the game:

1. Unnecessary roughness on Pierce for the tackle on Singletary turned a 3rd-and-long into a first down near midfield.
    2. The Ferguson late hit turned a 3rd-and-6 into a first down inside the Ravens 40.
    3. Beasley drew a pass interference on 4th and 16 desperation toss when his legs got tangled with Humphrey.
    4. And there was the Earl Thomas sack/forced fumble to start the second half that would have made it second and 18 from the 12, but instead gave the Bills a first down at the 27 and kept the a field goal netting drive alive when the officials interpreted Thomas getting knocked from behind by Williams and into Allen as a personal foul.

And the 12 men in the huddle non call against the Ravens was correct because the sidelines called timeout soon enough to prevent it, which is what the officials explained to the Bills sideline--Bills fans are looking for MORE help from the officials to hang with the Ravens, in other words.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I will give the OP this: the Bills played better than I expected. Allen wasn't very accurate...I wondered how much was the wind and how much was him? Both teams had to play in it, though.

As someone said, the Ravens comfortably outplayed the Bills--and the 24-9 score well represented the difference between the two teams--minus the shaky officiating. Claiming the calls went each way is wishful thinking. Each of the phantom calls against the Ravens was a major bailout for the Bills to keep them in the game:

1. Unnecessary roughness on Pierce for the tackle on Singletary turned a 3rd-and-long into a first down near midfield.
    2. The Ferguson late hit turned a 3rd-and-6 into a first down inside the Ravens 40.
    3. Beasley drew a pass interference on 4th and 16 desperation toss when his legs got tangled with Humphrey.
    4. And there was the Earl Thomas sack/forced fumble to start the second half that would have made it second and 18 from the 12, but instead gave the Bills a first down at the 27 and kept the a field goal netting drive alive.

And the 12 men in the huddle non call against the Ravens was correct because the sidelines called timeout soon enough to prevent it, which is what the officials explained to the Bills sideline--Bills fans are looking for MORE help from the officials to hang with the Ravens, in other words.
    Also the phantom holding on Ricard that took the Ravens from 1st and 10 inside the Bills 30 to 2nd and 20 on our side of midfield, and Lamar threw a pick the next play. That changed the entire tenor of the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    This man said Lamar didn’t look good in the game. He threw for 3 touchdowns and had a QBR of 102.5

To me, it seemed like we played our C+ game and the Bills played their A game.
    Josh Allen has been much better over the last two months or so than he showed yesterday. The wind affected everybody.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    This man said Lamar didn’t look good in the game. He threw for 3 touchdowns and had a QBR of 102.5

To me, it seemed like we played our C+ game and the Bills played their A game.
    I don’t know about all that. They had quite a few dropped passes. I couldn’t at least two back to back on one drive at one point. They also blew a coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Also the phantom holding on Ricard that took the Ravens from 1st and 10 inside the Bills 30 to 2nd and 20 on our side of midfield, and Lamar threw a pick the next play. That changed the entire tenor of the first half.
    This. That was not just a bad call but a very consequential bad call.

Blog Entries

The Bills defense played with more discipline. It’s been the theme of the season. The issue with defending this offense is discipline. There are coaches who can scheme up a defense, but that’s wasted if the defenders take the cheese. That’s what they’d been doing. When you watch the highlights, you often see defenders in good position initially, only to take the cheese and jump out of that position. The play usually goes where they were supposed to be.

San Fran and Buffalo didn’t lose their discipline as much.

[QUOTE=Dabills19;1811810]1. Congrats. Was a good game and as expected a tough game all around.

2. Refs sucked both ways.

You’re right . There were some blown important calls against both teams.

What I can’t understand is why your run defense had been so mediocre up to yesterday. It looked pretty stout to me and not just because the wind made it safer to stack the box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RavensPPark View Post
    Thanks for posting. This article suggests that BUF has set a blueprint for Lamar and the Ravens by playing safeties in the box: https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffa...r-jackson.html. (Note that SF did similar things.)

I just wonder if this isn't a weather game plan though as it seems to me that Lamar was torching teams that were stacking the box earlier this season. At any rate, I'm sure future opponents will be doing similar things and it will be interesting to see Lamar/BAL respond..

Blue prints don't matter if you don't have the personnel.

And the 2 teams that DID have the d-line personnel . . . still . . . lost?

The game is played on the field, but on paper, i'm not worried. 1 team a conference has the personnel to do it, unless Pittsburg shows something week 17. And even then, doesn't mean Bill or 9ers win.

Re: Bills, the homefield advantage was Buffalo's. See what happens if they meet in Baltimore.