Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What's been your favorite game of the year?

Beating the snot out of Darth Hoodie's cheetahs on national TV. As they say in The Land Of The Boiled Dinnah, don't get much bettah'n that!
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Seeing Brady's face in the dirt was my biggest highlight since Super Bowl 47.
    Patriots game and hanging out with my buddies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT8ghgbgCLg

The most satisfying game had to be the Patriots game. However the total destruction of the LA Rams on MNF had to be the most fun to watch.
    Jeeze I just realized that we breat last year’s Super Bowl matchup by a combined score of 82-26. HOLY SHIT

Now that I think about it we need to break this down into categories.

SATISFYING- beating the then undefeated Pats to take control of the AFC in dominating fashion with Belichick’s scowl on the sideline

ENTERTAINING- Lamar turning on cheat mode in Madden 19 against the Rams on MNF, a one man human highlight reel

LEGIT- beating the 49ers who are by far the best team in the NFC in a matchup of heavyweights. It was ugly and low scoring, but that win was like Ali over Foreman, it showed we are the best team in all of football and ready for the Super Bowl

The ass-kicking of the Patriots of course.

I will say I particularly enjoyed the demolition of the Bengals in Week 10 too.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Cool Re: What's been your favorite game of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    Now that I think about it we need to break this down into categories.

SATISFYING- beating the then undefeated Pats to take control of the AFC in dominating fashion with BelichickÂ’s scowl on the sideline

ENTERTAINING- Lamar turning on cheat mode in Madden 19 against the Rams on MNF, a one man human highlight reel

LEGIT- beating the 49ers who are by far the best team in the NFC in a matchup of heavyweights. It was ugly and low scoring, but that win was like Ali over Foreman, it showed we are the best team in all of football and ready for the Super Bowl
    I'm really late to this party but I'll still play. All of the points along with others on this post are very valid. However, if I have to make a choice, on a statistical basis alone (Hey I was once an accountant but don't hold that against me), I'd have to pick the Ravens slaughter of the L.A. Rams on MNF as not only my favorite game of the year, but also one of the greatest Offensive performances against an opposing team in NFL history.

Think about it:

1. Lamar had the greatest first time performance of a QB on MNF in passing touchdowns with 5.
    2. He only led six drives for the entire game before he sat down at the beginning of the fourth quarter. All six drives ended with a touchdown.
    3. He completed 15 of 20 passes for only 169 yards. However, (a) he still threw 5 touchdowns, (b) 2 of the 5 passes incomplete were due to the receiver dropping the ball, and (c) the other 3 passes incomplete were straight throwaways. He was on target the entire game.
    4. The Ravens offense, other than passing or punting or kicking a FG touched the football 48 times. They made yardage on 45 out of the 48 touches. The only time they didn't make yardage for the other 3 times was because those 3 times were when RGIII did kneel downs at the end of the game. They always made yardage the entire game.
    5. This beatdown of the L.A. Rams in their own stadium was their worst home defeat in their history (although I think this statistic was for the current team and not going back to their entire history in LA).

I haven't seen a complete offensive domination like this over a team ever. In all of my years of watching football this was the only game that I ever watched where I literally stood up at the end of the game and started to applaud the team on TV as they left the field.

Has anyone ever seen a greater Offensive domination of one team over another team than this one?

I sure can't!

Seattle game. That was the catalyst to this amazing run. The 4th and 2 will go down as the defining moment of this season and one of the best moments of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    I'm really late to this party but I'll still play. All of the points along with others on this post are very valid. However, if I have to make a choice, on a statistical basis alone (Hey I was once an accountant but don't hold that against me), I'd have to pick the Ravens slaughter of the L.A. Rams on MNF as not only my favorite game of the year, but also one of the greatest Offensive performances against an opposing team in NFL history.

Think about it:

1. Lamar had the greatest first time performance of a QB on MNF in passing touchdowns with 5.
    2. He only led six drives for the entire game before he sat down at the beginning of the fourth quarter. All six drives ended with a touchdown.
    3. He completed 15 of 20 passes for only 169 yards. However, (a) he still threw 5 touchdowns, (b) 2 of the 5 passes incomplete were due to the receiver dropping the ball, and (c) the other 3 passes incomplete were straight throwaways. He was on target the entire game.
    4. The Ravens offense, other than passing or punting or kicking a FG touched the football 48 times. They made yardage on 45 out of the 48 touches. The only time they didn't make yardage for the other 3 times was because those 3 times were when RGIII did kneel downs at the end of the game. They always made yardage the entire game.
    5. This beatdown of the L.A. Rams in their own stadium was their worst home defeat in their history (although I think this statistic was for the current team and not going back to their entire history in LA).

I haven't seen a complete offensive domination like this over a team ever. In all of my years of watching football this was the only game that I ever watched where I literally stood up at the end of the game and started to applaud the team on TV as they left the field.

Has anyone ever seen a greater Offensive domination of one team over another team than this one?

I sure can't!
    I think about many Snickers there were when Harbs said we were revolutionizing the way offense is played. (Even on this board). Now, honestly, watching other games have become so boring. For many reasons, Lamar has become must watch TV and the ratings bear witness. We're going to have a lot of national games next year, including the season opener. I'm calling it now. And it will be in Baltimore to right the wrong from a couple of years ago after that SB year.

Gotta be the Rams game for me. Just utterly decimated and demoralized a really good team in front of the whole world on Monday Night Football, in THEIR HOUSE! I was expecting that to be a close game and probably a loss, and we just came out and annihilated them.

The Patriots game. Sunday Night Football at home coming off of the Bye week and we destroyed the Pats in the first quarter. I'd say 2nd to that was the Rams game.

1) beating the neps. we've only done that, what, three times (2009 playoffs, reg season and AFCCG 2012)? great win.

2) beating the hawks in Seattle. established that we are big dogs that can play with anyone.

didn't get to see the Rams game (anyone got a dvd copy..?)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Super bowl