Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Win next two games then rest starters?

If we beat the Jets and the Clowns in the next couple of weeks, we will clinch the #1 seed and have home field advantage through the play offs. We have our last game against the Steelers which is always a huge physical battle. Are we resting starters for that game? Or maybe get them out there for a couple of drives similar to a pre season game? Pittsburgh are going to throw everything at us because they will probably be fighting for a wild card spot.

Blog Entries

Re: Win next two games then rest starters?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If we beat the Jets and the Clowns in the next couple of weeks, we will clinch the #1 seed and have home field advantage through the play offs. We have our last game against the Steelers which is always a huge physical battle. Are we resting starters for that game? Or maybe get them out there for a couple of drives similar to a pre season game? Pittsburgh are going to throw everything at us because they will probably be fighting for a wild card spot.
    I hope we are in that position, I would rest the starters, wouldnt even have Lamar, Yanda, Stanley, Humphrey, Judon, Jimmy Simth, or Mark Andrews dress, would also try to only give Ingram, and ET limited reps. I don't want Pittsburgh in the playoffs, but we can't risk key player injuries to keep them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I would rest the starters, wouldnt even have Lamar, Yanda, Stanley, Humphrey, Judon, Jimmy Simth, or Mark Andrews dress
    Some players might have bonuses tied to games-played; and many players have a point of pride in consec games-started or things like that.

Pull a Peyton-Manning-Indy thing: start everyone as normal, pull them after a series or so.

Time to activate Trace!

I know, I know .... not likely but I like the kid and hope he gets to see the field.

Rest those who need it. Still try to win.

So screw lamars chances of winning the MVP that makes sense!! 🤦*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by jamb17 View Post
    So screw lamars chances of winning the MVP that makes sense!! ��*♂️
    Resting him late wont dont do a thing to his MVP chances.

Kick Pittsburgh out of the playoffs!

2012 vs Bengals week 17 repeat. However then Bengals had no shot to get a wildcard.. this time Pittsburgh migth have a shot. We were div champions and with no posibility to get a bye.

I think Flacco played first Q maybe two Q.

While I would also like to see McSorley activated, I hope the Ravens do not try to coast against a surging Steelers team - even with the AFC Championship home field in the pocket. I have seen many teams (with playoffs secured) throttle back, then go "oops". Moreover, there's already a two week gap between games to heal wounds and rest the weary.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

If there is nothing to play for, I see key starters playing 1-2 series and taking the rest of the game off, as if it were a preseason game. We'll have the bye in hand, and I'm hesitant to rest everyone a full two weeks.

Beating Pittsburgh is always nice, but we have bigger goals to accomplish at this point of this season, and we don't need to make that harder on ourselves by having someone come up gimpy in a meaningless game.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

If it’s all wrapped up I’d rest anyone who has the slightest booboo, like even a hangnail. Everyone else would play and I would put Mcsorley in for the 2 nd half.