Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Points Allowed: Patriots 2019 vs. Ravens 2000

New England gave up 23 vs. KC, so that's now 168 to Baltimore's 165. The record remains safe! In a rare occurrence thus far this season, I didn't see this mentioned by any forum member(s) anywhere else throughout Sunday's threads. Albeit granted, I could have missed it along the way. I felt compelled to address this, though, in either case!

Re: Points Allowed: Patriots 2019 vs. Ravens 2000

Quote Originally Posted by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ View Post
    New England gave up 23 vs. KC, so that's now 168 to Baltimore's 165. The record remains safe!
    Big sigh!

That's nice. Pats D is still excellent, but it's not a season-defining dominant D that can wreck teams and drag a bad offense to a championship. I'm glad not to lose our statistical ranking to them.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    I would definitely agree with this. This defense isn't on level with the Broncos defense the year that Manning was a ghost of himself. That defense completely ravaged teams. And to compare this defense to the 2000 Ravens? Lmao, what a damn joke.
    totally agree and I'm not even talking points. Just look at the cake schedule the Pats had and now that they are playing division leaders, they aren't winning.

4. Re: Points Allowed: Patriots 2019 vs. Ravens 2000

A bit off topic, but I still feel like that 2006 defense is still the best ever fielded in Ravens franchise history. That is despite the lack of "press-tige" received, which was/is of course based mainly upon the fact that mostly McNair along with the rest of the offense totally let the team down in their one postseason game played. Obviously, that was the stinging Divisional Round home loss — as #2 seed @ 13-3 just behind #1 Seed SD @ 14-2, one of those 2 losses coming Week 4 in Baltimore — vs. the Colts, in spite of Baltimore 'D' holding Peyton Manning & Co. to 15 points via Vinatieri's handful of FGs, including one which luckily bounced in off the goal post.

New England gave up 23 vs. KC, so that's now 168 to Baltimore's 165. The record remains safe! In a rare occurrence thus far this season, I didn't see this mentioned by any forum member(s) anywhere else throughout Sunday's threads. Albeit granted, I could have missed it along the way. I felt compelled to address this, though, in either case!
    https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...74#post1810974

Post #90. You're welcome.

That game was awful..worse than losing to the Steelers for me because of the history.

Glad Ravens record is safe.

Happy to see it. Even if you normalize for scoring rate across the league (teams are scoring about 2 more points per game than in 2000) the 2000 Ravens come out ahead. They gave up 50% of the points of the average team. The Pats are currently giving up 57%.

Maybe the 2000 Ravens D should make like the '72 Dolphins and crack champagne every year when the last team gives up their 166th point. :)

Seriously, with the way the league has changed, that record is safe for a long long time.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

New England gave up 23 vs. KC, so that's now 168 to Baltimore's 165. The record remains safe!
    Good. Frauds as well as cheats.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Maybe the 2000 Ravens D should make like the '72 Dolphins and crack champagne every year when the last team gives up their 166th point. :)

Seriously, with the way the league has changed, that record is safe for a long long time.
    Were it not for Rex Ryan panicking and choking and calling a timeout the 72 dolphins could still be doing that.

A bit off topic, but I still feel like that 2006 defense is still the best ever fielded in Ravens franchise history. That is despite the lack of "press-tige" received, which was/is of course based mainly upon the fact that mostly McNair along with the rest of the offense totally let the team down in their one postseason game played. Obviously, that was the stinging Divisional Round home loss — as #2 seed @ 13-3 just behind #1 Seed SD @ 14-2, one of those 2 losses coming Week 4 in Baltimore — vs. the Colts, in spite of Baltimore 'D' holding Peyton Manning & Co. to 15 points via Vinatieri's handful of FGs, including one which luckily bounced in off the goal post.
    Nope.. 52 gives it to the 2000 D...

Quote Originally Posted by elland View Post
    Nope.. 52 gives it to the 2000 D...
    Nope...20 and 52 gives it to the 2006 D...