Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: NFC playoff craziness

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    It still grinds my gears that we're in a "north" division with 2 Ohio teams where it'd make more sense for us to be "east" and a team like buffalo to be in the north
    I T T, the Patriots would vote that down in a heartbeat. They expect 5 or 6 wins a year from the cupcakes they play. The Pats certainly wouldn't want to see the Ravens twice a year... Bc

It still grinds my gears that we're in a "north" division with 2 Ohio teams where it'd make more sense for us to be "east" and a team like buffalo to be in the north

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    +1. put Miami in the South, Ravens in the East, Colts in the North. I think that makes more geographic sense.

old guys will remember the Baltimore Colts in the West division so the NFL could have one Chicago team West (Bears) and the other in the East (Cardinals). we had to take the train to Cali every year to play the Niners and Rams. sucked.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    +1. put Miami in the South, Ravens in the East, Colts in the North. I think that makes more geographic sense.

old guys will remember the Baltimore Colts in the West division so the NFL could have one Chicago team West (Bears) and the other in the East (Cardinals). we had to take the train to Cali every year to play the Niners and Rams. sucked.
    Yikes that's awful! IFFFFF traditional rivalries weren't a thing... I'd rather be in a division with other true east coast teams... philly, DC, Carolina, ny... all close enough to drive to. The rust belt teams could have each other!

Thus far, everyone seems to have overlooked the best part of this, namely that we get the NFCE next year.

I drool reflexively at the thought.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/42-wQX...rt=150&end=345

BS

The only change the NFL should make to the playoffs is to put both the 1st and 2nd place teams in each division in the playoffs and eliminate the bye week for the top two seeds. The teams that get a bye sometimes have the better record but weaker schedule than the two division winners who don't get byes. It seems a bit unfair that a team in a weak division playing a weak division for four other games gets a bye because they were one win better than a team in a strong division playing a strong division for four more games. The teams that get the first round bye overwhelmingly reach the Super Bowl as compared to teams that have to play that first week. Level the playing field and eliminate the bye.

Blog Entries

Question Re: NFC playoff craziness

Question : Has it already been set that there will be 7 teams per conference in the playoffs? If so, would that start in 2020 or 2021? I guess that would only leave the top team with a BYE, but there'd be 6 games played on Wild Card week-end... Bc

7. Re: NFC playoff craziness

Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cincinnati make a very reasonable North Division, and NE, NY, Baltimore and Miami make a more reasonable East. Buffalo is more East than Cleveland. Cleveland is more North and less East than Pittsburgh. Cincinnati is less North than Cleveland. Cleveland is the most North of any of the AFC North. Indianapolis should not be in the AFC South. Being more North than Cincinnati or Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

Basically, without changing AFC to NFC, it changes should go like this.

Baltimore from North to East.
    Miami from East to South.
    Indianapolis from South to North.

AFC West is fine.

In the NFC, Dallas from East to South. Carolina from South to East. NFC North and West are right.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Question : Has it already been set that there will be 7 teams per conference in the playoffs? If so, would that start in 2020 or 2021? I guess that would only leave the top team with a BYE, but there'd be 6 games played on Wild Card week-end... Bc
    I hope not...

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cincinnati make a very reasonable North Division, and NE, NY, Baltimore and Miami make a more reasonable East. Buffalo is more East than Cleveland. Cleveland is more North and less East than Pittsburgh. Cincinnati is less North than Cleveland. Cleveland is the most North of any of the AFC North. Indianapolis should not be in the AFC South. Being more North than Cincinnati or Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

Basically, without changing AFC to NFC, it changes should go like this.

Baltimore from North to East.
    Miami from East to South.
    Indianapolis from South to North.

AFC West is fine.

In the NFC, Dallas from East to South. Carolina from South to East. NFC North and West are right.
    Makes sense!

Makes sense!

No it doesn't. Then we see the Steelers less often.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    No it doesn't. Then we see the Steelers less often.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    So my original post said IF traditional rivalries weren't factored in

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunday View Post
    Thus far, everyone seems to have overlooked the best part of this, namely that we get the NFCE next year.

I drool reflexively at the thought.

BS
    This year, except for the teams we decide by how they placed in their respective divisions which isn't cyclic, we get the same rotation we got in Harbs first year here. We've come full circle and I've gotta give them man props for keeping or team respectable year in and year out.