Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

NFC playoff craziness

Sitting here watching the Rams obliterate the Seattle. I got to thinking.. The Rams could finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs and then have to watch the 7-9 (or 6-10!) Cowboys or Eagles host a home playoff game. That’s messed up!

Re: NFC playoff craziness

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Sitting here watching the Rams obliterate the Seattle. I got to thinking.. The Rams could finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs and then have to watch the 7-9 (or 6-10!) Cowboys or Eagles host a home playoff game. That’s messed up!
    Totally. NFCE is garbage

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

NFL needs to change that next year. And change the overtime rules. Chiefs should have had a chance with the ball last year

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    That happened in 2010, when Seattle won their division with a 7-9 record, and the New Orleans Saints with an 11-5 record had to play AT Seattle... and LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    That happened in 2010, when Seattle won their division with a 7-9 record, and the New Orleans Saints with an 11-5 record had to play AT Seattle... and LOST.
    Was that the Marshawn Lynch earthquake game?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    That was when the "Beastmode" Marshawn Lynch hype really took off. He ran all over the Saints.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    NFL needs to change that next year.
    How? You win your division and you're in the playoffs. It gives every team a much better chance to get in and thus it makes even bad teams/divisions watchable for their fans. It keeps everyone interested..

I'm sure the Seahawks will still win. I've never seen a really good team that plays down to their competition as much as Seattle this year.

Blog Entries

If the NFL got rid of divisions, and just lined up teams by record, then seeding would be much easier. However, then you'd lose the rivalry aspect that they (and the fans) count on. So, I think they'll just leave things the way they are and let fans continue to b!tch about it... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    How? You win your division and you're in the playoffs. It gives every team a much better chance to get in and thus it makes even bad teams/divisions watchable for their fans. It keeps everyone interested..
    I agree. Winning your division should automatically punch your ticket to the playoffs. I do think they should change the rules for playing at home though and just make it based on best record across the board.

Blog Entries

Winning the division matters. I like the current setup

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

If it ain’t broke