Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Should we rest Lamar?

I think some of you need to look at the standings and the seedings. It will be pedal to the metal until the #1 seed is locked up, or until our seeding is locked in. Bottom line.

It's possible that the Ravens will have the #1 locked up before Pittsburgh, not very likely before that. In that case I would expect Lamar to play a series or 2 (and not run once) in the Pittsburgh game and turn it over to RGIII. It's also possible that Pittsburgh will be locked into #6 at that point and will rest their own starters to prepare for a WC game the next week.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    Do we need Lamar to beat the Browns though? Seems like it should be RG3 time to get him ready for the playoffs as well. We could bring Lamar in if we had to I guess. Worst case we could bring him back to roll the Steelers
    We got our butts kicked by the Browns last game. We had to go to overtime to beat the Steelers. Yes, we do need our best player to beat those teams

That game was a fluke. They barely beat the Bengals today. RG3 with a heavy dose of Ingram/Edwards and our TEs. I think we can beat Baker boy pretty easy

Blog Entries

That game was a fluke. They barely beat the Bengals today. RG3 with a heavy dose of Ingram/Edwards and our TEs. I think we can beat Baker boy pretty easy
    Thankfully you aren't coaching this team

Lol

You talking about the team that put 40 on us

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Thankfully you aren't coaching this team
    Thinking of the bigger prize here. The Super Bowl. No need to expose Lamar to big hits and risk of injury in a game we may not need him. RG3 ain’t chopped liver.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post
    You talking about the team that put 40 on us

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    They’re 6-7. Bengals held them to 27. The Bengals

Thinking of the bigger prize here. The Super Bowl. No need to expose Lamar to big hits and risk of injury in a game we may not need him. RG3 ain’t chopped liver.
    They’re going to need LJ for Cleveland no matter what is the point being made.

The only thing we can clinch on Thursday night is the division.

We will have to win and “wait and see” what else we can clinch come next Sunda.

Blog Entries

So, you want Jackson to play a Divisional Round playoff game after not one, not two, but three weeks rest? And somehow, you don't expect him to be rusty?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

So, technically we can clinch home field advantage in week 15 (win + NE loss + KC loss). KC is playing Denver (unlikely) and NE is playing the Bengals (not a chance in hell).

Most likely, we are only playing for the AFC North.

Edited: because I can't read a calendar apparently...
    Last edited by cvilleRaven; 12-09-2019 at 03:37 PM.