Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Murderer's Row

Re: Murderer's Row

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstick View Post
    Peter King was certainly impressed.

Two months ago, the Ravens embarked on a hellscape of a schedule—at Seattle, New England, at Cincinnati (chortle), Houston, at the Rams, San Francisco, at Buffalo—that even the optimistic Baltimoreans would have been thrilled going 5-2. The Ravens went 7-0. They averaged 35.1 points per game and never gave up more than 20 in a game. They’ve developed a sneaky-good pass-rush, led by Judon and his 8.5 sacks, and they’re great closers, allowing just 7.8 points per second half all season. “We feel battle-tested,” Judon said. “We can win games—we can be the sparkplug when it’s needed. I think that started in Seattle, with a very tough road win and surviving a tough environment.” Conquering five (maybe six) playoff foes in two months has given Baltimore the confidence to know it can win lots of ways in January.
    One other thing to remember about this stretch, weren’t a couple of the tougher teams we played coming off of byes? Even Buffalo wascoming off a Mini by having played on Thursday night. I really think the Crows having to play Thursday, although it is tough coming off the game Sunday, may be a good thing right now Providing they can avoid injuries in this game. They have to be tired, and really could use this extra time.

2. Re: Murderer's Row

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I admit it: mine was 7-9 with a ceiling of 8-8 and floor of 6-10. I had placed too much emphasis on Jackson's rookie year passing difficulties and the overall Offense performance in the Chargers playoff game.

I will take my lumps, ready to lead the "Walk of Shame" up Warner Street on Thursday night.
    I had somewhere between 12-4 and 14-2. Lamar was 6-1 last year - x2 - 12-2, and then the other 2 games could go either way. I'm on track. The defense lost key players, there were ?s at edge and mlb, and they pretty much fixed that. And the offense added additional weapons, so better.

3. Re: Murderer's Row

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    One other thing to remember about this stretch, weren’t a couple of the tougher teams we played coming off of byes? Even Buffalo wascoming off a Mini by having played on Thursday night. I really think the Crows having to play Thursday, although it is tough coming off the game Sunday, may be a good thing right now Providing they can avoid injuries in this game. They have to be tired, and really could use this extra time.
    They got an extra week of rest to play the Patriots (2019.11.03) then had to play both the Bengals (2019.11.10) and Texans (2019.11.17) coming off of their bye weeks.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I admit it: mine was 7-9 with a ceiling of 8-8 and floor of 6-10. I had placed too much emphasis on Jackson's rookie year passing difficulties and the overall Offense performance in the Chargers playoff game.

I will take my lumps, ready to lead the "Walk of Shame" up Warner Street on Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    They got an extra week of rest to play the Patriots (2019.11.03) then had to play both the Bengals (2019.11.10) and Texans (2019.11.17) coming off of their bye weeks.
    Thanks! For some reason I was thinking Seattle was coming off a bye? Probably just all running together - to say this season has been surreal is an understatement 😎

Happy you guys went undefeated in that stretch. Anyone would be lucky to win 2 in that stretch.

7. Re: Murderer's Row

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    Thanks! For some reason I was thinking Seattle was coming off a bye? Probably just all running together - to say this season has been surreal is an understatement 😎
    They were not. The Ravens schedule breaks down as follows:

Rest Differential Count
    -7 days
    -3 days
    -1 day
    0 days
    1 day
    3 days
    7 days

Actually pretty balanced. Net -7 days rest.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)