Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Rod Woodson - Top 100

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    In general I agree. Marshall Faulk, hello?

But there's no way you put Polamalu in instead of Ronnie Lott, Ed Reed, Emlen Tunnell, Larry Wilson or Ken Houston. Maybe Jack Christiansen, I dunno, he's an oldie. But Paul Krause didn't even make the list!

Screw him anyway
    Paul Krause was the one that I thought should have been on the list. I would have put him over Larry Wilson but it's splitting hairs. I was a little kid when Krause was picking off everyone in sight. I remember being in 1st grade and the Vikings being the big team that all the kids were nuts for and part of that was this old man who could just stop drives with one great play. Wilson played for the Cardinals who were almost never on TV so he just didn't have that same notoriety.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    After the reveal show they had a panel with 3 of the guys on the list, Woodson, Hester and Coach Gibbs. Gibbs asked Woodson how he recovered 32 fumbles! Woodson was very humble and talked about focusing on it. Think of all the big guys who are on the bottom of those piles and the all time leader in fumble recoveries is a CB/S.

It's really an awesome stat. It reminded be of Belichick geeking out over Reed's blocked punts. These legendary coaches seem to value those intangibles as much as the regular plays. It's what sets the greatest apart from everyone else.

Lot of good stuff in here, not just about Rod Woodson but this is the panel with him on it.

I really get the sense Rod and Deion Sanders don't like each other lol

Blog Entries

This is the 100 All-Time players, to commemorate 100 seasons of football. Not the all-time list of decency biased. If Pau Krause didn’t make it, Polamalu doesn’t need to make it either. First Ballot Hall of Famer? Yes. However, he wasn’t the only one from that position. He was far from the first.

What people conveniently forget about Troy is, that he could be had 20 yards and beyond. There were several strong safeties throughout history that you couldn’t say that about.

This isn’t a “Let’s forget the first 50 years of football list”. There’s enough decency bias in it as it is.

Blog Entries

I mean seriously, if you’re going to go by sheer numbers, the greatest team of all-time was a Rams team from over sixty years ago.