Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ed Reed - Top 100

Ed Reed made the top 100 list. I have to admit watching Belichick gush all over him is pretty cool. The highlights are just amazing. Belichick said that Reed should be in the Hall of Fame just for his punt blocking ability. Then he talks about the pick of Peyton Manning which he called the best play he's ever seen. The mutual appreciation is awesome to see.

Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed - Top 100

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Watching NFL channel right now.

REEEEEEEEEEED

Blog Entries

I don't think any of us watching that game, will ever forget that play, short of dementia. I mean, it was fifth dimension type stuff. Think about it. Manning wanted to throw a route. Reed knew the route. Manning knew that Reed would know the route. Reed knew that Manning would know that he (Reed) would know the route. Meanwhile, Manning thinks to pump the route, as if he's decided not to go there. Reed already knows that Manning goes to where he pumps. Manning didn't know that Reed knew that. So, Manning thinks he got Reed. When, all along, Reed baited Manning into the throw, timed it as close to perfectly as you could get, beat Wayne to the ball, picked it off and ran it back for 20 or so yards.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The entire Reed clip is on NFL.com. It's a little over eight minutes long. Belichick looks like he just met Marilyn Monroe for the first time. Sanders and Reed tell a story about Reed's first walkthrough with the Jets, and how Reed went ballistic when he saw how casually the players were treating it. Sanders says he'd heard about Reed's ability and preparation before coming to Baltimore. Collinsworth talks about the Peyton Manning interception.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Ed Reed made the top 100 list. I have to admit watching Belichick gush all over him is pretty cool. The highlights are just amazing. Belichick said that Reed should be in the Hall of Fame just for his punt blocking ability. Then he talks about the pick of Peyton Manning which he called the best play he's ever seen. The mutual appreciation is awesome to see.
    I read a tweet earlier that said find you someone that looks at you like Belichick looks at Ed Reed. Lol.

It is pretty cool to see the goat drool over one of ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most electric and special player I have ever seen play defense in my life. A team could be driving the field but you knew Reed could make a play at any time. The ultimate safety blanket.

Belichick loves / fears himself some Reed.

There’s an older documentary about Belichick out there (the name escapes me) and it shows him and Brady talking about their upcoming game against the Ravens and the two of them went on and on about Reed, how to stop him, etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCityRaven View Post
    Belichick loves / fears himself some Reed.

There’s an older documentary about Belichick out there (the name escapes me) and it shows him and Brady talking about their upcoming game against the Ravens and the two of them went on and on about Reed, how to stop him, etc.
    They played that clip during the segment. Reed said the players saw that and other teams began to do exactly what Brady and Belichick were suggesting as a way to attack Ed Reed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The entire Reed clip is on NFL.com. It's a little over eight minutes long. Belichick looks like he just met Marilyn Monroe for the first time. Sanders and Reed tell a story about Reed's first walk through with the Jets, and how Reed went ballistic when he saw how casually the players were treating it. Sanders says he'd heard about Reed's ability and preparation before coming to Baltimore. Collinsworth talks about the Peyton Manning interception.
    Ex, I didn't want the thread to go by without telling you how I laughed/admired your (in bold) line. I saw the clip on NFLHD. "Check out where Ed Reed is!" One of a kind... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ex, I didn't want the thread to go by without telling you how I laughed/admired your (in bold) line. I saw the clip on NFLHD. "Check out where Ed Reed is!" One of a kind... Bc
    Well, Belichick is an older guy, so I had to dig a little into history. I'm not fully up on who all was considered hot back then, but Monroe was a no brainer. Everyone knows her.