Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: It's 4th and Goal

It depends on what the actual percentage chances are for that Ravens team in that game to move the ball down the field and score vs the percentage chances of stopping that 49ers team.

I want to say it would a no-brainer that I’d go for it. But discretion is the better part of valor.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Whatever you do - don't throw a fade to Crabtree!
    Or a slant to Lockette

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Field goal and then win it in overtime. Tucker gives us a huge advantage over every team. The Ravens will get that 3 if they don't get the touchdown while other teams can't be as confident.
    I’m with you on this one.

Lamar throws it to Ricard in the flat. Ricard throws it BACK to Lamar. Lamar runs around like Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl on Family Guy all the way back to the Ravens 5 yard line (complete with Peter Griffin “heh heh heh JACKSON” quotes) then heaves an 80 yard bomb to Hollywood who laterals to Ricard at the last second (he’s still hanging out by the 49ers goal line) so the big guy can score the SB winning TD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

If the Niners just conducted a 7-minute drive to score a TD to pull ahead, what makes anyone think they wouldn't have a good chance of doing exactly the same thing in overtime?

It's not just a question of "big-trussing" Lamar. IIRC GRo told Harbaugh that the QB run out of the Jumbo "would be there all day," so Harbs pulled it out at a crucial moment for a first down & touchdown.

I'm guessing that the Niners D would expect a reprise & would have schemed up a defensive charge designed to stop it. I'm also guessing that the Ravens would expect the Niners to be prepared to stop it.

Therefore I'm guessing that GRo would have a very different play ready to run off the same player package, formation & motion, to take advantage of the Niners' focus on stopping the play they think is coming.

I trust GRo to call the right play for that specific moment & Lamar to execute it to perfection.

I give the ball to LJ8 & say, Jumbo formation, but option 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Superbowl
    1 second left in the 4th
    Ball is on the 1

Your opponent is a healthy San Francisco 49er defense that just got 7 minutes of rest after a long drive by their offense and they haven't eaten since breakfast.

The score is 27-24 with the 49ers on top. Do you kick the chip shot field goal or run it right up the gut for the win with every inch of heart that's inside of Lamar Jacksons chest... or do you have a different play in mind?

Go.
    In this context, with momentum on the side of the 49ers, going for it is the right call. And I'd hand the ball to Ingram on an option play because you know the defense is going to follow Lamar.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

See sig

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Field goal and then win it in overtime. Tucker gives us a huge advantage over every team. The Ravens will get that 3 if they don't get the touchdown while other teams can't be as confident.
    Field goal and then lose it in overtime.

Lamar gives us a huge advantage over every team. The Ravens will get that one yard, while other teams can't be as confident.

BTW I like JonBoy's play (or some variation) over the playcall in the OP. Although Lamar behind Yanda & Zeus for the sneak has its appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That's one thing I never understood anyway. What makes balls so tough. You can pluck the things hard enough and a guy will double over. Vaginas are twelve times tougher than balls.
    It's about the testosterone.

In male humans, testosterone plays a key role in the development of male reproductive tissues such as testes

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm kicking the FG. It's nice to have balls, but men make a lot of stupid decisions – due to having balls.
    Humans make a lot of stupid decisions – like kicking the FG – due to not understanding math.

11. Re: It's 4th and Goal

No way I'm kicking the FG. Say SF wins the coin flip and drives for the score. I'm not going w/ the option that might not allow us to touch the ball on offense at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Humans make a lot of stupid decisions – like kicking the FG – due to not understanding math.
    You know what, you made a stupid decision yourself! Not resigning from Michigan you rivalry losing bastard! How dare you lecture me on stupidity. My mother always told me that if I had a brain, I'd be dangerous. I had to take that from her. I will NOT take it from a man who gets a sieve showed up his ass by Ohio State once a winter!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore