Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: It's 4th and Goal

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Just my way of saying they're hungry for the win.
    Gotcha!! Just messin' w/ya.....

Blog Entries

Re: It's 4th and Goal

I'm kicking the FG. It's nice to have balls, but men make a lot of stupid decisions..........due to having balls.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm kicking the FG. It's nice to have balls, but men make a lot of stupid decisions..........due to having balls.
    That's one thing I never understood anyway. What makes balls so tough. You can pluck the things hard enough and a guy will double over. Vaginas are twelve times tougher than balls.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

4. Re: It's 4th and Goal

That's one thing I never understood anyway. What makes balls so tough. You can pluck the things hard enough and a guy will double over. Vaginas are twelve times tougher than balls.
    You sound like an authority on the subject. Is there something you need to tell us all?

take the field goal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    You sound like an authority on the subject. Is there something you need to tell us all?
    I have no further comment.

Exactly 12 times? They can stretch to let a watermelon slide through the end of a two liter bottle...

BTW, PA up the gut, boot right, most of the routes left, delay Boyle or Ricard to the right as a blocker/shovel target..,.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Field goal and then win it in overtime. Tucker gives us a huge advantage over every team. The Ravens will get that 3 if they don't get the touchdown while other teams can't be as confident.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    You have about a 54% chance of scoring on any given play from the 1-yard line. Contrast that with a near 100% chance of tying the game with a FG, followed by a 50% chance of winning in OT. So the analytics argue that you should go for it.

But forget about the numbers: You're telling me I have a chance to win a SB if I'm just willing to put the ball in LJ's hands and ask him to get me one yard?
    I'm a fan of Harbaugh, but I would never, ever, EVER forgive him if he chickened-out in that scenario.
    I found your comment to be a little confusing with the wording (I'm not expert wordsmith myself, so forgive me haha), because when you say "forget about the numbers" it seems like you're saying ignore the analytics, and therefore implying that the analytics say that kicking the field goal is the higher chance of winning the game. But just so everyone is clear, the analytics in this case would indicate that going for the TD on 4th and 1 is the higher chance of winning the game. Essentially it comes down to 54% chance when going for it, vs 50% when kicking the field goal (really more like 49%, since the field goal itself to tie it is of course NOT a literal 100% chance). So yes, you go for it. If you trust the analytics. And you're right, with Lamar Jackson, the analytics are probably even MORE in favor of going for it haha. I believe you already know all this and your comment was making the same point, but I just personally had to read your comment twice because the wording confused me. Maybe I'm the one with poor reading comprehension, I dunno, so forgive me if I've made a pointless post here haha.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I found your comment to be a little confusing with the wording (I'm not expert wordsmith myself, so forgive me haha), because when you say "forget about the numbers" it seems like you're saying ignore the analytics, and therefore implying that the analytics say that kicking the field goal is the higher chance of winning the game. But just so everyone is clear, the analytics in this case would indicate that going for the TD on 4th and 1 is the higher chance of winning the game. Essentially it comes down to 54% chance when going for it, vs 50% when kicking the field goal (really more like 49%, since the field goal itself to tie it is of course NOT a literal 100% chance). So yes, you go for it. If you trust the analytics. And you're right, with Lamar Jackson, the analytics are probably even MORE in favor of going for it haha. I believe you already know all this and your comment was making the same point, but I just personally had to read your comment twice because the wording confused me. Maybe I'm the one with poor reading comprehension, I dunno, so forgive me if I've made a pointless post here haha.
    Yea, I could have been more clear, what I meant was: The analytics say going for it is the smart play. But even without the math justifying the decision - if you're telling me I can win a SB by putting the ball in Lamar Jackson's hands and saying "go get me ONE yard", I think it would be absolutely crazy to say "Nahh, I think I'll take my chances in OT, even though we could lose without the SB without our offense ever having a chance to take the field".

Also, I see a lot of people saying "kick the FG", but I don't see anyone explaining why they think that's the better choice.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

12. Re: It's 4th and Goal

I have no further comment.
    Just razzin' ya, Ex.