Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 ... LastLast

Re: Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yeah, you are right. We've never had scumbags like this. This team has definitely never had guys who have

been caught being part of a large scale drug operation and ended up in federal prison
    killed someone while driving drunk (hell...this didn't even happen when the player was with us...it happened before...and the team still signed him)
    abused animals
    poured bleach on their significant other (among other things...and this person is still beloved by the fan base)
    threatened their baby momma

Sorry, but literally taking someone's life as Stallworth(less) did is far worse than anything AB has done at this point. I don't care if you show remorse it's not bringing back the person he killed. Do not act like this team has not had it's share of shitheads.
    Pretty much, while I'm sure sacrilegious to say around here, why I'm not a Suggs fan off the field. The bleach thing felt very swept under the rug

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Re: Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Cost-wise, yes. But that was a mistake. A horrific, tragic one, but a MISTAKE. Many people -- most drinkers in fact -- have at some point in their lives gotten behind the wheel when they shouldn't have. An impaired person lacks the ability to correctly judge how impaired they are. It's not until the next morning when the person realizes, "Damn, I shouldn't have driven home last night."

The difference between that person and Donta Stallworth is dumb luck.

And again, that is in no way to excuse drinking and driving. With Uber/Lyft/taxis and with all the known risks, everyone should always make sure they have planned to get themselves home before they take their first drink --especially someone who has the money to hire a private driver.

But again -- it's a mistake. You can't characterize AB's behavior as a mistake. It's all very intentional.
    Man, Stallworth went to bed, slept a while, and THEN got behind the wheel. That is just nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    the thing is you can't help someone who doesn't want help, unless that person is so bad off you can convince a judge he needs to be committed. i think we can almost guarantee at this point (based on his own words and actions) that AB doesn't think he needs help. and he's not even close to being a candidate for involuntary commitment. the healthiest thing his friends and family can do at this point is show him compassionate detachment, tell him they love him and they can't sit around watching him destroy himself, and that they're a phonecall away, and leave it at that.
    That's fine. I don't know what efforts have been made to help him. No one here does. All I've said --and this goes back when he was still on the Raiders roster--is that I hope the people around him is making sure he gets help because it seems like this guy may have mental health issues...and I wondered if blows to the head may also be at work.

A few posters lost their minds at the suggestion that a wealthy asshole is worthy of help--and that's an argument I've attempted to shoot down many times. I have a big problem with the "he's just an asshole" argument; even though he certain has behaved like one for a long time, it's not a valid response to my question of whether people are trying to get this guy to mental health evaluation/care...not IMHO.

I'm no expert as to what it takes to involuntarily prescribe help. Now that he's wanted for assault, I'd think that qualifies. He's now harming people.

I would think there are plenty of examples where it's not enough to say, 'he needs to want to help himself.' That's one of the reasons I mentioned Mike Webster.
    Last edited by Shas; 01-23-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Someone will still think that we can ‘fix’ Antonio Brown. If you can catch a ball it’s amazing how many fans will overlook insane behavior
    Fans don't care, a very large percent of Ravens fans wanted rice back and said he was treated to harshly

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    How could you have forgotten the wide receiver sweeps forced to him by Cam Cameron at the most inopportune times? Lol

Cam Cameron... What a stupid name. Was his name actually Cameron Cameron?
    His real name is Malcolm Cameron. Cam is short for Malcolm

AB's stupid actions may not have been worse than some of the things Raven players have done. However, there is one thing he does all the time that prevents me from ever wanting him on this team. He has thrown ex-teammates, coaches and even entire organizations under the bus. If someone is going to publicly talk bad, belittle and back stab their fellow players or other people in the organization, I don't want him anywhere near my team. It doesn't matter to me how much talent he has.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    CTE has nothing to do with him being a racist ignorant piece of shit. He was born, or raised that way. Its learned behavior.

Saying all that ignorant racist shit to his childrens mother. Could you imagine this piece of shit raising a child??? That itself should be a crime
    I think it's extreme narcissism.. thinking he can get away with anything.

Blog Entries

I am not sure it is one or the other for Brown. It is probably a mixture of both. I think Brown is an asshole. Has always been an asshole and will always be an asshole. I also think his asshole behavior is probably being made worse by CTE or some other type of brain injury or mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    AB's stupid actions may not have been worse than some of the things Raven players have done. However, there is one thing he does all the time that prevents me from ever wanting him on this team. He has thrown ex-teammates, coaches and even entire organizations under the bus. If someone is going to publicly talk bad, belittle and back stab their fellow players or other people in the organization, I don't want him anywhere near my team. It doesn't matter to me how much talent he has.
    I made this argument once on The Sports Junkies on DC radio. This is going back a bit, but they were discussing Peyton Manning blaming his OL for a loss in a press conference. I called in an argued that I'd rather have Kyle Boller as our QB because he accepts blame for his short comings and never blames anyone else on the team for his mistakes. Looking back, I feel a bit silly standing up for Boller, but I made my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    There's a major difference between a tragedy...which was the Stallworth incident...and continued, intentional narcissistic, self-destructive behavior.
    Being an asshole isn’t worse than killing somebody. He got behind the wheel, drunk, and killed somebody. I can’t believe there’s really people saying what Antonio is doing is worse than what Stallworth did. Being remorseful isn’t bringing that person back.

Let me ask this.

Would you rather Antonio brown be a narcissistic, self destructive, asshole to your family member? Or would you rather stallworth get behind the wheel drunk and kill your loved one? They’re not even on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    His real name is Malcolm Cameron. Cam is short for Malcolm
    Never knew that. Thanks