Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Ravens are going to need more down field threats as defenses adjust by playing closer to line and making LJ go deep. I expect Bills to play at the line and dropping back into zone to cover TE’s without a heavy pass rush which only gets the D behind Lamar. They know he’s coming to them. I don’t like this game. LJ passes will need to be put in tight places in heavy wind on Sunday. This one will be on Ravens D IMHO.
    It's fascinating how people continue to doubt LJ and the Ravens offense, even Ravens fans. What more proof do they need to give they are for real?

Blog Entries

Re: Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    It's fascinating how people continue to doubt LJ and the Ravens offense, even Ravens fans. What more proof do they need to give they are for real?
    I don’t think anyone is doubting that the Ravens are for real this year. But the 49ers, Saints, Seahawks, Patriots, and Chiefs are for real as well. Just saying that adding an offensive playmaker would help their chances of getting to and winning the Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I don’t think anyone is doubting that the Ravens are for real this year. But the 49ers, Saints, Seahawks, Patriots, and Chiefs are for real as well. Just saying that adding an offensive playmaker would help their chances of getting to and winning the Super Bowl.

Not if adding that playmaker changes our scheme in a way that no longer maximizes other player's talents.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDice View Post
    Right. Not enough drama in the Ravens' locker room. Gotta make us more like the Cowboys. AB would destroy this team.

Also obviously just my take, and I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with me, but if a team signs AB, and they wind up winning a SB because of it/him, there will forever be a big fat asterisk next to that victory. It's like you sold your org's soul and dignity and that SB will forever be sullied. I'd look at them like they were a crackhead doing literally whatever it took in the back of a dark alley to get that next hit.
    What in gods name is this

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    We could def use him for playoffs
    You must mean for next year's playoffs presumably. While he's exempt, he isn't playing a down this season or post season.

He didn't write a word of that apology.

I'd sign him just to block NE from signing him.

Blog Entries

Dirty, I don't doubt the Ravens (or any other NFL team for that matter) could use another offensive play-maker. However, in your post, aside from a week #3 loss to the Chiefs (33 - 28), the Ravens defeated the Seahawks (30 - 16 in Seattle), the Patriots (37 - 20), the 49ers (20 - 17 in the rain), and I'll add the Texans (41 - 7) and Rams (45 - 6 in L.A.). You seem to make it sound like we can't win the Super Bowl without AB, when the facts are clear that the Ravens have already beaten some of the best the NFL has to offer without him... Bc

I am less concerned with our current offense and more concerned with Browns health so yeah I would like us to do something but bringing in A Brown isn't a solution he's completely undependable and we don't need the drama for a team coming together.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    I never came close to saying that Uli. If I thought so I never would have shelled out $100 a #8 jersey to wear for a 2 hour drive to the Causeway in Boston! I just said and believe the Bills are bringing their A game at home, in high wind, wanting to beat a top tier team, chasing the Pats, and shouldn’t be overlooked.

Blog Entries

Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I am less concerned with our current offense and more concerned with Browns health so yeah I would like us to do something but bringing in A Brown isn't a solution he's completely undependable and we don't need the drama for a team coming together.
    I was one of the people talking about the Ravens getting Josh Gordon, before the Ravens passed on him. AB is the only difference maker that might become available for the rest of this season, which is why I have been advocating that the a Ravens try to get him. There isn’t another player that they could potentially get.

Any player that could come available at this point in the season will have issues, otherwise they wouldn’t be available. Hollywood is the only WR the Ravens have who can get open, but he gets dinged up easily. The Ravens need another WR receiving option.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

11. Re: Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for the playoffs?

I was one of the people talking about the Ravens getting Josh Gordon, before the Ravens passed on him. AB is the only difference maker that might become available for the rest of this season, which is why I have been advocating that the a Ravens try to get him. There isn’t another player that they could potentially get.

Any player that could come available at this point in the season will have issues, otherwise they wouldn’t be available. Hollywood is the only WR the Ravens have who can get open, but he gets dinged up easily. The Ravens need another WR receiving option.

This offense doesn't need a goddamn thing lol. It is doing what it sets out to do with nearly perfect efficiency, there's no need to do anything at all that might mess with that chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    This offense doesn't need a goddamn thing lol. It is doing what it sets out to do with nearly perfect efficiency, there's no need to do anything at all that might mess with that chemistry.
    I'd rather take a chance on a dysfunctional yet available passrusher. Any available?