Page 1 of 29 123 ... LastLast

Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for the playoffs?

Antonio sez:

"First and foremost, I’d like to apologize to my family, friends and anyone who I offended,” Brown said. “I never once meant to make anyone feel like I wasn’t thankful and appreciative of the opportunity that I was afforded to play the game I love. I’ve worked hard over the years to earn a chance to compete in the greatest game on earth. Over the years I was met with challenges and I can honestly say I didn’t handle those challenges in the manner that I should have. Over the past few weeks I’ve had the opportunity to think about everything that’s transpired and I am deeply sorry to all who I’ve offended. While my behavior was inexcusable, sometimes when people are coming at you with false information and allegations, we handle ourselves in ways that we sometimes regret. I do take full responsibility for my actions and I’m working everyday to repair what I broke. I do know that if I’m ever given the opportunity to play the game that I love, I’m going to work extremely hard to show the world how much I appreciate another chance. To the organizations that I offended, I offer my sincere apology to you and my hope is that you forgive me and help me move on from this minor setback. I look forward to competing and helping a team reach their goals."
    [former] headcase or not, I'd like our playoff chances improved by "renting" his services for the playoffs. Boykin = "meh"

btw: can Antonio block?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for te playoffs?

Doesn't fit the chemistry that has been built in this years Ravens.

Re: Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Antonio sez:

[former] headcase or not, I'd like our playoff chances improved by "renting" his services for the playoffs. Boykin = "meh"

btw: an Antonio block?
    I wouldn't expect him to throw too much effort into blocking.

Re: Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for the playoffs?

NOOOOOO!

Blog Entries

Hell no, and he's apologized and taken it back at least 5 times since September.

Blog Entries

Has the NFL even said whether he will be suspended or not? That's why no team has signed him.

Re: Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for te playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Doesn't fit the chemistry that has been built in this years Ravens.
    Totally agree, but could EDC go to him and basically say "we'll give you a shot at a Superbowl and a chance to prove you're not quite as much of an asshole as everyone thinks" on a deal for the rest of this year? And then before he even walks into the locker room, a couple of the big boys (maybe Yanda and Williams?) have a little sit down with him and give him the "if you F up our chemistry, we'll break you" speech?

edit: not saying I actually support the above, but I could see it being considered.

Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofThePillow View Post
    NOOOOOO!
    Right player right price. He's got family on the team. He'd be a rental to get us through the playoffs. If he never caught a pass he would force teams to change their game plans. Marquise, AB and Andrews on the field at the same time is a headache.

It will never happen though because Ray Rice punched his fiancee in the face and that caused unbelievable amounts of damage to Bisciotti and the Ravens. That ESPN d-bag was gunning hard for us and it was after the clippers owner was forced to sell for racist comments. Ravens won't have anything to do with a guy even just accused of mistreating women. Its a non-starter for us.

1. i know it's not glamorous, but WR blocking is hugely important in this offense, and i get the feeling AB isn't too keen on blocking.
    2. so far Marquise Brown seems very different from his cousin character-wise, and i prefer having AB as far away from his younger cousin where possible.
    3. AB could be suspended at any point. he threatened a woman and her children on Twitter after allegations came out against him.

it's not going to happen. it just isn't. we don't really need to keep revisiting this.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

11. Re: Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for the playoffs?

How many posts about bringing him here are yall gonna make?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Has the NFL even said whether he will be suspended or not? That's why no team has signed him.
    rumor that they may reinstate him by 5:00 today - so we will know shortly. If he plays anywhere this year, my bet is Patriots.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!