Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast

Re: Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for the playoffs?

By many accounts, Brown was a dick in college, he was a dick in Pittsburgh, and we've seen what he's been since. He's just the product of massive coddling, enablement and a plentiful supply of money. He treats women like whores and people in general as toilet paper.

So yeah, I'll say it - fuck AB.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Re: Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ravens have had players do similar. So maybe it's more than that, just a hunch
    Come on man seriously give it a rest.

The Ravens have never had any player any where close to this type of a scumbag.

Ray Lewis had a terrible incident. Ray Rice had a terrible incident. Both of those players showed remorse and dealt with their actions. This baffoon blames everyone else. That is not Bi polar, that is not CTE. That is learned narcissistic behavior. This guy is just just a terrible person.

This guy has had multiple incidents, on, off all over the place. Its not where near the same.

I dont wish him well. I wish his children and baby Mamma well because unfortunately this ignorant, abusive racist piece of shit is affecting their lives unfortunately with his antics.

He is a worthless piece of shit and I hope he goes to prison sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    By many accounts, Brown was a dick in college, he was a dick in Pittsburgh, and we've seen what he's been since. He's just the product of massive coddling, enablement and a plentiful supply of money. He treats women like whores and people in general as toilet paper.

This.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post

Yep, this didn't just start with the Burfict hit.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I tend to fall into this line of thinking but a lot of that is experience. I have experience with mental illness. Some have experience with brain trauma. some have experience with assholes. its easy to project your experience onto others. where my experience makes me more compassionate, if youve dealt with a lot of assholes and get hurt/annoyed by them, youre going to probably project that and be guarded against it.

I use that same compassion in reverse to say that if somebody is that quick to judge and write somebody else off, they probably have some pain/issues theyre dealing with themselves.

then there is always the possibility they are just assholes, because they do exist out there, but thats more of a last conclusion than a first for me. I do think some are just showing ignorance. millions of dollars doesnt mean shit when it comes to mental illness. having a million dollars doesnt make your mania go away and therefore more logical. If anything it actually perpetuates it more because you have people to take care of yourself than the average person. a lot of what triggers diagnosis is the fall and inability to take care of yourself, and as many are saying, he can take care of himself... until his money is long gone and then he can go the way of Delonte West, and people will say its sad, or make fun of it still (assholes).
    Thanks, JAB. All I was asking is that, before we write him off as "just an asshole," can't we ask if an effort has been made to give him medical evaluation/treatment? If that's been done, and the answer is nope, there's nothing medically wrong with the guy...he's just an asshole...then I'm fine with that conclusion.

I just don't understand why so many here REFUSE to consider this option as viable and INSIST they already know the answer.

Mike Webster was hurting himself, but the people around him only offered to pay for hotel rooms. No one had the knowledge or courage to address the underlying medical situation. That's the comparable for me. Another losing argument.

As with many topics on this board I find myself holding a different opinion than so many who see the world in black and white terms. They can only imagine the choice of AB is an asshole or AB needs help. They can't fathom both being true. Clearly he's behaving like an asshole. That's never been questioned by me.

The debate point I interjected is, maybe mental impairment his behind the assholic behavior. (I, too, have personal experience with this scenario and don't find it far fetched.)

But alas, as Ex points out, I've tried raising it many times and those who are bothered by the suggestion continue to shout it down.

I should have known better than to bring up my point of view again. I'd already chalked it up to a life lesson on how others see the world differently. I guess I needed the reminder.
    Last edited by Shas; 01-22-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Blog Entries

His assholic behavior goes way back Shaslers. Way back.

The people in my life who have struggled with mental illness have had accompanying behavioral issues for most of their lives.

And in one case, I can honestly say that person has also pretty much been an asshole for most of his life.

Point being, just because a person acts like an asshole doesn't mean you turn your back on that person if getting him help could turn his life around. I understand this is harder to accept if the person is a narcissist who can't think of anyone but themselves or when that person has money or other entitlements that makes it hard to perceive them as "needy." (for the person in my life, only one of those conditions is true.)

While I did, early in this thread, raise the question of head injury, my comments haven't be restricted to the idea that AB has CTE. I'm certainly not on this board claiming I believe he has CTE and the rest of you are wrong. That's a mischaracterization of what I've said. It wasn't even the first mention of mental impairment I made. What I said, and all I've said, is there is enough strange behavior to think, wow, this guy needs help.

First of all, I don't believe they can even diagnose CTE while you're alive. So I'm sorry I even brought it if if that's what has certain people's panties in a wad. And second, I don't care if it's football related or not--if he's mentally impaired--if he's been mentally impaired all his life and happens to be in crisis right now--I don't know why it bothers people here for me to wish that others around him steer him to medical help. I don't really care what the underlying condition is, but if it's treatable, why not root for treatment?

I don't get all the careful calculations of when certain symptoms appeared, or didn't appear in Brown's life, to back up a layman diagnosis of the man and justify saying he doesn't deserve the option of medical attention.

Will AB be the next series on Netflix behind the Aaron Hernandez series?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

You don’t think they’re trying to steer him? His agent basically left him, as a ploy for him to seek the help, since he wouldn’t listen.

He has to want the help. He has to be willing to recognize that there is an issue and that he cannot fix it himself. He has to want to get the help. A lot of people with mental health issues deteriorate, not because they can’t control themselves, but because they actually do recognize there’s an issue, but try to do it themselves.

At this point, I would be extremely surprised if Brown didn’t recognize if there was an issue. At that point, if he makes the choice to not get the help, that’s on him. And unlike most people who want the help, but lack the resources to go see the Doctors they need and get the help, he has the money to get the help, an agent trying to get him the help and I wouldn’t put it past a team to try to get the help for him. I would be surprised if Pittsburgh didn’t try. That’s on him. So sad too bad.

Besides, in all of the rehab and therapy I’ve done and everyone I know has done, they absolutely, unequivocally stress self-accountability. There is no pity. There is, you have the choice to do the right thing.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 01-22-2020 at 10:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Will AB be the next series on Netflix behind the Aaron Hernandez series?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s what he was aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    The people in my life who have struggled with mental illness have had accompanying behavioral issues for most of their lives.

And in one case, I can honestly say that person has also pretty much been an asshole for most of his life.

Point being, just because a person acts like an asshole doesn't mean you turn your back on that person if getting him help could turn his life around. I understand this is harder to accept if the person is a narcissist who can't think of anyone but themselves or when that person has money or other entitlements that makes it hard to perceive them as "needy." (for the person in my life, only one of those conditions is true.)

While I did, early in this thread, raise the question of head injury, my comments haven't be restricted to the idea that AB has CTE. I'm certainly not on this board claiming I believe he has CTE and the rest of you are wrong. That's a mischaracterization of what I've said. It wasn't even the first mention of mental impairment I made. What I said, and all I've said, is there is enough strange behavior to think, wow, this guy needs help.

First of all, I don't believe they can even diagnose CTE while you're alive. So I'm sorry I even brought it if if that's what has certain people's panties in a wad. And second, I don't care if it's football related or not--if he's mentally impaired--if he's been mentally impaired all his life and happens to be in crisis right now--I don't know why it bothers people here for me to wish that others around him steer him to medical help. I don't really care what the underlying condition is, but if it's treatable, why not root for treatment?

I don't get all the careful calculations of when certain symptoms appeared, or didn't appear in Brown's life, to back up a layman diagnosis of the man and justify saying he doesn't deserve the option of medical attention.
    the thing is you can't help someone who doesn't want help, unless that person is so bad off you can convince a judge he needs to be committed. i think we can almost guarantee at this point (based on his own words and actions) that AB doesn't think he needs help. and he's not even close to being a candidate for involuntary commitment. the healthiest thing his friends and family can do at this point is show him compassionate detachment, tell him they love him and they can't sit around watching him destroy himself, and that they're a phonecall away, and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Come on man seriously give it a rest.

The Ravens have never had any player any where close to this type of a scumbag.

Ray Lewis had a terrible incident. Ray Rice had a terrible incident. Both of those players showed remorse and dealt with their actions. This baffoon blames everyone else. That is not Bi polar, that is not CTE. That is learned narcissistic behavior. This guy is just just a terrible person.

This guy has had multiple incidents, on, off all over the place. Its not where near the same.

I dont wish him well. I wish his children and baby Mamma well because unfortunately this ignorant, abusive racist piece of shit is affecting their lives unfortunately with his antics.

He is a worthless piece of shit and I hope he goes to prison sooner rather than later.
    Bravo. All your posts. Bravo.