Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for the playoffs?

Giving a person help isn't the same as giving him a job in the NFL. Who is denying Antonio Brown counciling or medical help? Who is even advocating that? This whole thread is about signing him to the Ravens. It's about offering him a spot on the roster.

Based on AB's attitude and actions he shouldn't be on this roster or the roster of any other NFL team. That doesn't mean he shouldn't get treatment if he needs it. He's got plenty of time and money to get help. Nothing is stopping him.

Re: Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Besides, in all of the rehab and therapy I’ve done and everyone I know has done, they absolutely, unequivocally stress self-accountability. There is no pity. There is, you have the choice to do the right thing.
    As was mentioned earlier, one's experience can guide how they perceive things. For me, as an attorney who has dealt with clients with criminal charges, this is spot-on.

The first thing that is needed is for the person in question to own it. I have seen too many people with life problems or long criminal records who are either enabled by those around them who have excuses by the barrel or who always look around for someone else to blame. Most of the time I can tell those who will be in more trouble down the road, as opposed to those who look in the mirror and admit that regardless of the origin, the act that they did was in their control. Once they have recognized self-accountability, only then have they had the vision to look for the route to change - if they really want to do that. Some want the support of others and see it as a method to get attention or get sympathy.

And above all, if the person does not want the help then there is nothing anybody can do to force them to get it - unless they cut them off and quit the enabling. And in most of those cases, those who do not want help find others to use for their purposes.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Come on man seriously give it a rest.

The Ravens have never had any player any where close to this type of a scumbag.
    Yeah, you are right. We've never had scumbags like this. This team has definitely never had guys who have

been caught being part of a large scale drug operation and ended up in federal prison
    killed someone while driving drunk (hell...this didn't even happen when the player was with us...it happened before...and the team still signed him)
    abused animals
    poured bleach on their significant other (among other things...and this person is still beloved by the fan base)
    threatened their baby momma

Sorry, but literally taking someone's life as Stallworth(less) did is far worse than anything AB has done at this point. I don't care if you show remorse it's not bringing back the person he killed. Do not act like this team has not had it's share of shitheads.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

4. Re: Antonio Brown update: apology ... should Decosta pursue him for the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    By many accounts, Brown was a dick in college, he was a dick in Pittsburgh, and we've seen what he's been since. He's just the product of massive coddling, enablement and a plentiful supply of money. He treats women like whores and people in general as toilet paper.

So yeah, I'll say it - fuck AB.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yeah, you are right. We've never had scumbags like this. This team has definitely never had guys who have

been caught being part of a large scale drug operation and ended up in federal prison
    killed someone while driving drunk (hell...this didn't even happen when the player was with us...it happened before...and the team still signed him)
    abused animals
    poured bleach on their significant other (among other things...and this person is still beloved by the fan base)

Sorry, but literally taking someone's life as Stallworth(less) did is far worse than anything AB has done at this point. I don't care if you show remorse it's not bringing back the person he killed. Do not act like this team has not had it's share of shitheads.
    Ummm...I understand where you're coming from but your comparing apples to oranges. We are talking about someone with a history of repeated bad behavior. Examples you mentioned were guys with documented isolated incidents.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Stallworth killed somebody while drinking and driving. That’s wayyyy worse than anything AB has done.

I am not going to debate tit for tat on this issue. What I will say is that AB has a problem and until he sees it as a problem, he is going to CONTINUE to have worse and worse incidents until it lands him in prison. Those that say he needs help are correct. Those that say he is an asshole are also correct. The thing is, he's an adult making bad choices and until/unless he admits to himself that they are bad choices, he won't get better, or any sympathy from me. Empathy, a small amount, but zero sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

abused animals

I think you are still missing the point.

-Honestly I forgot about the Dante Stallworth incident because I dont even recall him ever playing for the Ravens. I remember him being signed but I cannot recall 1 game he ever actually played in like technically (Leon Searcy) was a Raven but I have no recollection of it ever happening so he does not count in my opinion at all.
    -But Stallworth did show remorse.

-Terrance Cody was cut immediately.
    - The Jamal Lewis thing has no reference.

-Suggs accusation was terrible although I dont recall ever being charged.

None of those players showed continuous bad behavior like Antonio Brown. Just about all of them paid for their poor choices in one way or the other.

I see no correlation or comparison between any player ever and Antonio Brown but that is just my opinion. This guy just seems like one Evil person

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Stallworth killed somebody while drinking and driving. That’s wayyyy worse than anything AB has done.
    Cost-wise, yes. But that was a mistake. A horrific, tragic one, but a MISTAKE. Many people -- most drinkers in fact -- have at some point in their lives gotten behind the wheel when they shouldn't have. An impaired person lacks the ability to correctly judge how impaired they are. It's not until the next morning when the person realizes, "Damn, I shouldn't have driven home last night."

The difference between that person and Donta Stallworth is dumb luck.

And again, that is in no way to excuse drinking and driving. With Uber/Lyft/taxis and with all the known risks, everyone should always make sure they have planned to get themselves home before they take their first drink --especially someone who has the money to hire a private driver.

But again -- it's a mistake. You can't characterize AB's behavior as a mistake. It's all very intentional.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I think you are still missing the point.

-Honestly I forgot about the Dante Stallworth incident because I dont even recall him ever playing for the Ravens. I remember him being signed but I cannot recall 1 game he ever actually played in like technically (Leon Searcy) was a Raven but I have no recollection of it ever happening so he does not count in my opinion at all.
    -But Stallworth did show remorse.

-Terrance Cody was cut immediately.
    - The Jamal Lewis thing has no reference.

-Suggs accusation was terrible although I dont recall ever being charged.

None of those players showed continuous bad behavior like Antonio Brown. Just about all of them paid for their poor choices in one way or the other.

I see no correlation or comparison between any player ever and Antonio Brown but that is just my opinion. This guy just seems like one Evil person
    How could you have forgotten the wide receiver sweeps forced to him by Cam Cameron at the most inopportune times? Lol

Cam Cameron... What a stupid name. Was his name actually Cameron Cameron?

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Cost-wise, yes. But that was a mistake. A horrific, tragic one, but a MISTAKE. Many people -- most drinkers in fact -- have at some point in their lives gotten behind the wheel when they shouldn't have. An impaired person lacks the ability to correctly judge how impaired they are. It's not until the next morning when the person realizes, "Damn, I shouldn't have driven home last night."

The difference between that person and Donta Stallworth is dumb luck.

And again, that is in no way to excuse drinking and driving. With Uber/Lyft/taxis and with all the known risks, everyone should always make sure they have planned to get themselves home before they take their first drink --especially someone who has the money to hire a private driver.

But again -- it's a mistake. You can't characterize AB's behavior as a mistake. It's all very intentional.
    Eeeeeeeeeeh I'm gonna disagree here. I get that he didn't set out to kill someone that night, but I know that I've never drank and driven, and I don't think something necessarily has to be malicious to be inexcusable. If someone out of laziness, hubris, or carelessness kills someone drunk driving that to me is honestly inexcusable. You shouldn't gamble with someone else's life, that's a really terrible thing to do. That being said, I'm not God, and my moral compass doesn't line up with everyone's and if I met the guy I'd treat him just like anyone else.

But I don't think saying "we can have AB because we've had a guy who has done much worse stuff than him" is necessarily a good line to tow.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    There's a major difference between a tragedy...which was the Stallworth incident...and continued, intentional narcissistic, self-destructive behavior.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.