Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Emma Thompson foresees people eating pets for 'protein' due to 'climate crisis'

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I haven’t read the article yet ...but I will.
    But I wanted to say this. While I certainly believe 100% in Climate Change ...I don’t think there is a damn thing WE can do about it. It’s natural. It occurs with or without us. It’s an absurdly arrogant idea that “man” can stop something that’s happened since the beginning of time.

Now are we maybe making it worse ...sure I’ll buy that. But it’s gonna happen either way. And before anyone goes after the US for pollution control...let’s all take a field trip the China and India and check out those sewers! As much as I don’t like all the “Big Government “ the EPA does a better job than not having anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We most certainly can do something about it, but itīs a major major undertaking, and it may need more change than we (me included) want to. Itīs a huge thing. But we can absolutley make it become less of an impact on our way of life than we are doing now.
    Protect and try and make rainforests, and forests in general, replanted. Thereīs no better more natural way to get rid of co2.
    Choose alternative fuels even when itīs not the most convinient thing to do. Make it a must, a priority, and use legislation in such ways that it steers tech and investments in that direction. We have shown that if we want to, we as a race can achieve almost anything when we set our mind to it.
    Make oil, gas and coal so expensive it steers investments elsewhere even more than today.
    Reduce meat intake, but in such a fashion that we donīt shovel forests for more farm land.
    Help developing countries develop to stop population growth as much as possible.

And DO NOT buy in to the (neo)liberal notion of "carbon taxes", "carbon compensation/climate compensation", itīs usually just a way to keep going the way we are and try and feel good about ourselves. Adding "compensation taxes" on a plane ticket aint gonna fix nothing. Itīs much bigger than that.

Expand co2 storing, develop new techonolgy for storing. (Even though Iīm not a big fan of this other than a last resort. Wiping things under the carpet usually comes to bite you in the ass in the end somehow anyway)

There are more things aswell, but these are the main ones.

And of course China and India needs to be on the train aswell, but we, europe and north america, should do more considering weīre the ones thatīs gotten us to where we are now.

Re: Emma Thompson foresees people eating pets for 'protein' due to 'climate crisis'

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Carrol as about as nice as you can be on here and you come in ass a condescending ass. But yet you claim to be the victim around these parts.
    Sure, youīre the authority that decides whoīs and whatīs nice of course.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Sure, youīre the authority that decides whoīs and whatīs nice of course.
    Don’t make this about me. You’ve claimed multiple times to be the victim and even go as far as to research multiple threads as “evidence” of the bullying you receive (fricking laughable, it’s an internet message board) and here I point out to you the example what I’ve been telling for months (that you don’t get engaged cause your an asshole) and you start pointing fingers.

Oh well. Carry on

Don’t make this about me. You’ve claimed multiple times to be the victim and even go as far as to research multiple threads as “evidence” of the bullying you receive (fricking laughable, it’s an internet message board) and here I point out to you the example what I’ve been telling for months (that you don’t get engaged cause your an asshole) and you start pointing fingers.

Oh well. Carry on
    Lol. As anyone but you will remember that was when the snowflakes here claimed to be the victims of the horrible me. I never claimed victimhood in the first place. But I hate lying and hypocricy, so thatīs why I pointed it out, when rav called for banning me and Ditkas tried to slither away and point the finger.
    You of course are their friends and ever the righteous defender of them. Besides, YOU were the first one to research threads back in the day to show "evidence" I was an asshole, but now all of a sudden that is fricking laughable?

But yes, Iīll carry on. And youīre on ignore from now on. You never say anything worth reading anyway, atleast Ditkas and rav say something.

Blog Entries

Lol. As anyone but you will remember that was when the snowflakes here claimed to be the victims of the horrible me. I never claimed victimhood in the first place. But I hate lying and hypocricy, so thatīs why I pointed it out, when rav called for banning me and Ditkas tried to slither away and point the finger.
    You of course are their friends and ever the righteous defender of them. Besides, YOU were the first one to research threads back in the day to show "evidence" I was an asshole, but now all of a sudden that is fricking laughable?

But yes, Iīll carry on. And youīre on ignore from now on. You never say anything worth reading anyway, atleast Ditkas and rav say something.
    You’re reading comprehension needs work. I said you whining about being a bullied on a message board is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    No, how about you read this Mr Science.

https://apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0
    The science magazine is correct, but as usual with truly stupid/evil people there has to be some context. http://www.drroyspencer.com/2019/12/...19-0-55-deg-c/

1979 was -.3 degrees while 2019 was .5 degrees. Over fifty years this variation is to be expected based on real science.

The article is wrong in every other way, though. This https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/12/...d-in-50-years/ points out the numerous fallacies in the article and the original paper.

An actual climate scientist (as in a scientist who studies climate as opposed to a paid propagandist like Zeke Hausfather) Dr. John Christy went back to a paper he wrote 25 years ago to see how it measured up. Unlike the stupid/evil people, his work is proven correct without having to adjust any data inputs.https://www.thegwpf.com/putting-clim...s-to-the-test/

To put things simply, the models all averaged out to a .44 C warming for a decade. The actual, observable warming is .15 C per decade which is a good thing. Remember that about 1,000 years ago the Earth hit a warming period where the temperture was 1 to 2 degrees C higher than they are currently. https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...al-warm-period

Personally, just from observing current weather trends combined with an expert knowledge of the medieval period, I'm more concerned that the climate may start getting cooler. We know there are huge fluctuations in energy from the sun that directly affect global temperatures (as opposed to trace amounts of a naturally occurring gas). Even the stupid/evil people admit that solar radiation along with a decrease in volcanic activity was the cause of the medieval warming. Evidence suggests that the solar cycle maybe hitting a slow period which could explain why the last few Novembers have been so cold.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Carrol as about as nice as you can be on here and you come in ass a condescending ass. But yet you claim to be the victim around these parts.
    NCRAVEN- hey man, thanks for the kind words. Yeah, like many down here, I don't really respond to Boss much anymore for the reasons you've stated. like I've said before, for someone who points out all of Trumps flaws as a human being and the way Trump treats people(and yes he has plenty of unpleasant flaws), Boss exhibits some of those exact same traits here that he trashes Trump for. Go Ravens.

We most certainly can do something about it, but itīs a major major undertaking, and it may need more change than we (me included) want to. Itīs a huge thing. But we can absolutley make it become less of an impact on our way of life than we are doing now.
    Protect and try and make rainforests, and forests in general, replanted. Thereīs no better more natural way to get rid of co2.
    Choose alternative fuels even when itīs not the most convinient thing to do. Make it a must, a priority, and use legislation in such ways that it steers tech and investments in that direction. We have shown that if we want to, we as a race can achieve almost anything when we set our mind to it.
    Make oil, gas and coal so expensive it steers investments elsewhere even more than today.
    Reduce meat intake, but in such a fashion that we donīt shovel forests for more farm land.
    Help developing countries develop to stop population growth as much as possible.

And DO NOT buy in to the (neo)liberal notion of "carbon taxes", "carbon compensation/climate compensation", itīs usually just a way to keep going the way we are and try and feel good about ourselves. Adding "compensation taxes" on a plane ticket aint gonna fix nothing. Itīs much bigger than that.

Expand co2 storing, develop new techonolgy for storing. (Even though Iīm not a big fan of this other than a last resort. Wiping things under the carpet usually comes to bite you in the ass in the end somehow anyway)

There are more things aswell, but these are the main ones.

And of course China and India needs to be on the train aswell, but we, europe and north america, should do more considering weīre the ones thatīs gotten us to where we are now.
    Get rid of cafos in favor of regenerative grazing and you can keep the meat without the pollution.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

9. Re: Emma Thompson foresees people eating pets for 'protein' due to 'climate crisis'

NCRAVEN- hey man, thanks for the kind words. Yeah, like many down here, I don't really respond to Boss much anymore for the reasons you've stated. like I've said before, for someone who points out all of Trumps flaws as a human being and the way Trump treats people(and yes he has plenty of unpleasant flaws), Boss exhibits some of those exact same traits here that he trashes Trump for. Go Ravens.
    I agree w/you. Having a different viewpoint on things doesn't mean the vitriol has to be so mean spirited or has to be the way he thinks it does. There are quite a few posters here w/opposing views that express their opinions in a respectful manner w/out resorting to his tactics. On a personal level, I can't see why he is so worried about our President so much, seeing how he says he lives in Sweden. I mean, do you give a shit about every single thing that they do there? It truly is an actual case of TDS, in my honest opinion. The time he puts into coming here and spewing his hate filled opinions about our President could/should/might be better spent on things more constructive, perhaps? Maybe even in Sweden? How many Americans do you guess spend (seemingly) every waking hour on Swedish boards ripping apart everything they do there? My guess is probably zero. As I said......TDS.

Blog Entries

Looks like Steve Harvey is a climate change denier. I guess we can expect a boycott of Family Feud from here on out.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/...rse2019-video/

Whereas starting a false thread to try and smear global warming with the words "Another left lunatic" of course falls under being kind and pleasant. And you do it a lot.
    Give me a break, you guys are so full of yourselves and seemingly truly unable to see things from more than one perspective, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I agree w/you. Having a different viewpoint on things doesn't mean the vitriol has to be so mean spirited or has to be the way he thinks it does. There are quite a few posters here w/opposing views that express their opinions in a respectful manner w/out resorting to his tactics.
    No it doesnīt indeed, it just happens to be the tone down here, you being one that usually do too, so stop whining. Itīs not tactics btw, and here I just pointed out that this thread is fake. It isnīt what the thread start states.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    On a personal level, I can't see why he is so worried about our President so much, seeing how he says he lives in Sweden. I mean, do you give a shit about every single thing that they do there? It truly is an actual case of TDS, in my honest opinion. The time he puts into coming here and spewing his hate filled opinions about our President could/should/might be better spent on things more constructive, perhaps? Maybe even in Sweden? How many Americans do you guess spend (seemingly) every waking hour on Swedish boards ripping apart everything they do there? My guess is probably zero. As I said......TDS.
    Then let me explain it to you. Iīm not really personally worried about your president (why on earth eīre talking about him here where I never even mentioned him IDK, but I guess it was needed to get in the TDS?), but US policies does have a big effect on the rest of the world, and not only that, the whole world is interconnected like never before, and dependent on and with each other. That makes those that arenīt bigoted nationalists care about what happens outside of there little realm of reality.
    That does not mean I do not care about what happens here, which is why I do not spend a lot of time on here, contrary to your claim. Iīm here like a few hours a week, which is pretty far from 2(seemingly) every waking hour", which you know too of course, usually while reading the Ravens part of the board, where I spend a lot more time than down here actually, even if I donīt post that much.
    TDS, no. I mean itīs not even really a thing other than to Trumpets anyway, and I had made zero mention of Trump in this thread until you guys brought it up. And mostly I donīt mention him at all, or care in particular about the impeachment either infact.
    Got it now?