Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: The Music Thread

Off to see “old guy rock show “this summer. Lol.

We got Motley Crue tickets for Philly. Should be bad ass! Motley, Def Leopard, and the OG lineup of Poison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    If youcan find the funds to do it ....see Elton. I’ve seen him twice. Awesome Awesome show.

I really want to, but it’s just so expensive. I might look at other venues within a reasonable distance to see if the price is lower. It’s definitely a bucket list kind of thing and I think Elton really will stay retired from touring when he’s done, so this is the last chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Off to see “old guy rock show “this summer. Lol.

We got Motley Crue tickets for Philly. Should be bad ass! Motley, Def Leopard, and the OG lineup of Poison.

I love the new Harbaugh photo! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I really want to, but it’s just so expensive. I might look at other venues within a reasonable distance to see if the price is lower. It’s definitely a bucket list kind of thing and I think Elton really will stay retired from touring when he’s done, so this is the last chance.

My daughter wants to see this Billie Ellish singer in March. WTF who is this chick and how and the hell are tickets so expensive.

Literally like the cheapest tickets are $180-$200 in the nosebleed sections. Lower level like $500-$800 a fucking ticket. That is INSANE

Does anyone know a logical reason as to why this shit show is so expensive? I hate disappointing my kid but that is not happening at those prices

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I love the new Harbaugh photo! lol
    Thank ya Sir! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    My daughter wants to see this Billie Ellish singer in March. WTF who is this chick and how and the hell are tickets so expensive.

Literally like the cheapest tickets are $180-$200 in the nosebleed sections. Lower level like $500-$800 a fucking ticket. That is INSANE

Does anyone know a logical reason as to why this shit show is so expensive? I hate disappointing my kid but that is not happening at those prices
    Purely because she's one of the most popular pop singers around right now. Also, probably getting some hype due to doing the theme for the new bond movie.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Just wanted to share that us fans of virtuoso drumming lost not only the great (and very famous) Neil Peart this month, but over the weekend we also lost another all-time great (who unfortunately is a relative unknown) in Sean Reinert at the absurdly young age of 48. Cause of death is still unknown last I heard.

He was a brilliant and technically skilled drummer who made his mark on extreme metal in the early 1990s by introducing a level of technical proficiency and jazz-influenced creativity never before heard in death metal (and entirely eschewing blast beats) when he was recruited by the legendary (and also gone too soon, from brain cancer at the age of 34) Chuck Schuldiner to perform on the influential album "Human" in 1991.

Reinert's original band Cynic released an influential album of their own, "Focus", in 1993, featuring even more jazz influence and utilizing less death metal growling.

If you are interesting in checking out his work but find yourself not keen on death metal, I would recommend one of two starting points depending on your tastes: if you are into the louder and faster side of progressive rock like The Mars Volta, check out Cynic's abum "Traced in Air Remixed" which came out in 2019, 11 years after the original release in 2008, which removed all traces of death growls entirely (and which were already minimal in the original release anyway). If you like that, listen to the original release to get a taste of death growls that they originally included, and then go back to Cynic's first album, Focus which is still tame by death metal standards but the closest thing to death metal that particular band ever releases. Then give Human by Death a try, if you are ready to experience something truly death metal (in my opinion the finest death metal album ever made).

Or if you are more into 70s style progressive rock and jazz fusion, you could start with Cortlandt by Sean Malone or the self-titled first album by Gordian Knot.

I hope somebody discovers something new and appreciated the genius that was Sean Reinert, my personal favorite drummer, and I am still in shock to learn of his passing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Got tickets to the incredible Megadeth/Lamb of God/In Flames/Trivium show at Jiffy Lube this summer. I love all those bands (only OLD Trivium tho) so that’s gonna be an amazing show. . Also got tix to Gojira and Deftones, so I’ll be seeing Gojira twice this year - well worth it.

Also picked ups ticket to Killswitch Engage and August Burns Red next month. I’ve wanted to see KSE for 15 years so I’m excited to see them.

Blog Entries

I know there are some Primus fans in here, they are doing a tour this summer playing Rush’s A Farewell To Kings in its entirety. That’s gonna be a quality show and even as someone who doesn’t like Primus a lot, I may go.

I had no idea this board was full of metal heads.

My memorable shows.

B52’s in the mid 80s at concert hall in DC. can’t reall the name, but the show was great. Not too big, not too small
    First concert was Rush at the cap center mid to early 80s
    U2 Joshua tree when bono slipped and hurt his hand at RFK
    My wife has turned into a Michael Franti groupie. We have seen him several times. at Red Rocks a few years ago. But the secrets show last summer was a blast
    My wife went to college with a small time musician Pat McGee. His show at rams head in Annapolis was great. Small room.
    The old 9:30 club was great to see bands.

I know there are some Primus fans in here, they are doing a tour this summer playing Rush’s A Farewell To Kings in its entirety. That’s gonna be a quality show and even as someone who doesn’t like Primus a lot, I may go.
    That sounds really cool. Might have to hit that one. I like Primus anyway.

Pre-sale on LN in 5 mins.

Pretty stoked for this show, two of my favorite bands. Les is a HUGE Rush fan as well (Geddy Lee is the reason he plays bass) so I know he's gonna kill this!