Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: The Music Thread

Last show I went to was Judas Priest and Uriah Heep in June...front row!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDavey View Post
    That sounds great, Judas Priest is at the top of my all-time "need to see" list that I still haven't seen.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDavey View Post
    Kings of British Steel! Priest rocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top 3 memorable concerts:

Grateful Dead: Merriweather Post 1985. Last show before being banned from Columbia. Columbia looked like old Woodstock photos.

Rush: Greensboro N.C. either 88 or 89. Blue Oyster Cult opened and their drummer threw his sticks out to the crowd and after a great skirmish, some guy came out holding them high and proud. Hours later during Peart's solo, B.O.C. drum sticks were seen being thrown onto the stage to the roar of the crowd. Definitely a deserved tribute to the master.

As an old guy: Avett Brothers at Red Rocks, Co. during the setting sun.

Drummer Scott Travis is from Norfolk, Va., and we go way back as friends. Nice to have that hook up every time he comes to town. He has been with JP since 1989!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious View Post
    Top 3 memorable concerts:

Grateful Dead: Merriweather Post 1985. Last show before being banned from Columbia. Columbia looked like old Woodstock photos.

Rush: Greensboro N.C. either 88 or 89. Blue Oyster Cult opened and their drummer threw his sticks out to the crowd and after a great skirmish, some guy came out holding them high and proud. Hours later during Peart's solo, B.O.C. drum sticks were seen being thrown onto the stage to the roar of the crowd. Definitely a deserved tribute to the master.

As an old guy: Avett Brothers at Red Rocks, Co. during the setting sun.
    Red Rocks on my bucket list!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=I Touchdown There;1821565]Red Rocks on my bucket list!

It was on mine too for a long time. The place is music Mecca. It doesn't disappoint.

Blog Entries

Well, Neil Peart died, so there's a bucket list band I'll never get to see in their original form (not that they were actively touring).

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Been to so many concerts, no way I could select the best one.

One memorable was Pink Floyd, '87 or '88 in the stadium at Ohio State University. It was the first time a concert was allowed there. No alcohol sales was a condition, so we put on a respectable buzz prior. Coolest thing beyond the amazing show is that midway through, an incredible huge full moon rose over the stadium behind the band.

Wish I had brought my camera equipment. My hobby is R&R collectibles and part of my collection is from smuggling high speed equipment into concerts and making posters with the results. Haven't been caught yet :)

Any ELP fans out there????????

Any of you guys fans of The Church? Aussie-based "alternative" band, active from the early 2000s to -- well, now actually. They released an album in '17. You probably know their song "Under The Milky Way" (1988).

Was listening today & yesterday to a best-of collection of their's, "Deep In The Shallows: The Classic Singles Collection". Excellent.

Blog Entries

Tours and festivals being announced this time of year...

I am going to see Volbeat and Gojira in Hershey. Volbeat is doing a headlining tour and this is the only date that Gojira is playing with them (I fucking love Gojira, top 5 band) so I'm making the trip up. Volbeat I could do with or without, but my wife likes them so we'll stay and watch their set.

Really want to see Elton John on the farewell tour but I missed tickets when they went on sale and resale is like $400 a seat, so can't really swing that.

Rammstein is doing their first ever US stadium tour 20 years after they should have, and I will probably go to that too.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Tours and festivals being announced this time of year...

I am going to see Volbeat and Gojira in Hershey. Volbeat is doing a headlining tour and this is the only date that Gojira is playing with them (I fucking love Gojira, top 5 band) so I'm making the trip up. Volbeat I could do with or without, but my wife likes them so we'll stay and watch their set.

Really want to see Elton John on the farewell tour but I missed tickets when they went on sale and resale is like $400 a seat, so can't really swing that.

Rammstein is doing their first ever US stadium tour 20 years after they should have, and I will probably go to that too.
    If youcan find the funds to do it ....see Elton. I’ve seen him twice. Awesome Awesome show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk