Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Music Thread

Second best for me would be one I went to this summer - Knotfest Roadshow with Slipknot, Volbeat, Gojira, and Behemoth. Gojira was so incredible, a band I wasn't really into prior to the show but have been in heavy rotation since. Slipknot I have seen several times and they are always great. Not the biggest Volbeat fan but they put on a good show. Behemoth is a little too far on the extreme metal scale to my taste but again, a really good live show.

Not my video but from the show, seriously Gojira is fucking incredible -

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Been to soooo many concerts... hard to pick a best!

I saw reel big fish a bunch in high school and college and they were always fun

More recently since my memory is better...
    Revivalists summer 2018 at wolf trap

Record Company October 2018 at 930 club
    ...VERY good

Gary Clarke Jr at anthem March 2019

Jazz Fest in New Orleans May 2019 and pretty much every band we saw at the bars all weekend were fantastic

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Let’s see. I’d say tops of my list would be Monsters of Rock ‘88. Van Halen, Scorpions,Dokken,and Metallica ( right before Justice came out ). Mind blowing show at RFK.

Second would be Metallica/ GNR tour at RFK.

SRV w/ the Fab Thunderbirds at Merriweather is up there also.

More recently ...Chris Stapleton a was AMAZING!!!!!!

There’s sooo many more that I just can’t list them all. That’s not even counting the HammerJacks shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been listening to a lot of Whiskey Myers lately. Awesome country band. Not that pop country shit either. They had a few songs ( and a cameo) on season 1 of Yellowstone as well. Love their sound.

As far as best concerts I've seen, gotta say Godsmack was on of the better ones I've been 2. Disturbed was great. The one that seemed to have the crowd involved and actually entertained would be Train and Goo Goo Dolls. Saw them this last summer. It was more so Train that the crowd was into. Damn good show

Blog Entries

The Scissor Sisters was surprisingly an outstanding show. We saw them at Bonnaroo at midnight after seeing Jay-Z, which was also entertaining.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I have not been to many concerts lately unfortunately.

Cannot remember the year but its been about ten years ago the best ever was Tool at Balitmore Arena. I love the band and their music but the show they put on was amazing.

2nd best was Rage Against the Machine about 15 years ago. They are awesome Live, Tom Morello is one of the best guitarist in history.
    3. Staind at UMBC.
    4. The Violent Femmes about 20 years ago at Towson University I think was the venue.

Other good ones were early HFS estivals with (Rage Against The Machine, Korn, Cypress Hill, STP, Bush, Live) were right up there.

The last concert I had tickets to attend was about 10 years ago (Three Doors down) in Columbia, bought tickets like 3 months before the show. I remember me and the wife were so excited as we had not been on a date in forever or to a concert and I still remember pulled up to Merriweather and the parking lot being empty. So sitting there I am wondering WTF is going on? Did I get scammed? Nope, the damn concert ended up being cancelled for some reason and somehow I never heard anything about it.

I lost like $120 because I bought the tickets off some guy on Craigslist and never could get a refund. Sadly that was the last concert I should have been too. lol

Have you Primus fans checked out Oysterhead? It's Les Claypool, Trey Anastasio (Phish) and Stewart Copeland (Police). Kinda interesting, haven't listened in probably 20 years.

Best concerts for me:

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers at The Joint Hard Rock Vegas - played a solid 3 hours, every song was a hit and you left thinking holy shit, they didn't even play a bunch of their hits.

Metallica & Guns N Roses at the Meadowlands. Metallica blew the doors off, by the time GNR came on you were exhausted. Axl's constant bullshit and wardrobe changes didn't help matters.

Flogging Molly - seen them 3 times at Fillmore Silver Spring and once at Baltimore Music Festival. Always put on a fun show. And they usually have really good openers you likely haven't heard of.

Transplants & Rancid also at Fillmore. Tim Armstrong played both sets. Watching Travis Barker on drums closeup is pretty incredible.

The Interrupters - twice at Black Cat in DC, once at the Fillmore. Always put on a fun show and sound great. Fillmore was their largest crowd as a headliner.

Blog Entries

Another really good concert I have seen was Queen with Adam Lambert a couple of years ago. Lambert is pretty much as close as you're going to get to Freddie Mercury, between the voice and the mannerisms and stage presence, and the rest of the band still sounds great. I would give anything to be able to see Queen w/ Freddie, but since that's not possible, this was the next best thing.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Let’s see. I’d say tops of my list would be Monsters of Rock ‘88. Van Halen, Scorpions,Dokken,and Metallica ( right before Justice came out ). Mind blowing show at RFK.

Second would be Metallica/ GNR tour at RFK.

SRV w/ the Fab Thunderbirds at Merriweather is up there also.

More recently ...Chris Stapleton a was AMAZING!!!!!!

There’s sooo many more that I just can’t list them all. That’s not even counting the HammerJacks shows.

I was asleep/passed out for most of Metallica's set. I think I woke up when they played Last Caress.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Best show I’ve ever been to - Metallica at M&T Stadium two years ago. That was my first time seeing Metallica and they didn’t disappoint.

Same honestly.

After that, probably Stone Sour and Avenged Sevenfold in reading PA in like December 2010, or January 2011. Then system of a down in 2005 at the old arena at the Meadowlands.

Also saw a couple good shows at the Crowbar back when they still existed at Penn state.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Been a good while since I've attended a concert. Not sure who I'd want to go see next time.