Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    It's a Schecter Solo-6 Custom from 2010. Low-mid range I would say. Nothing special, but it's been fine and played well thru some lackluster care until recently, and still sounds good to me, so I have no complaints. I have a low end Jackson as well but I don't really fw that too much because it has a Floyd Rose and that's way more of a headache than it's worth to a rhythm player.

https://www.schecterguitars.com/Solo-6-Custom

I'm looking at something newtoo. Only requirements for me are no Floyd Rose/floating trem, I don't like single coil pickups, and I prefer the Les Paul style body/weight to my guitar pver like a Strat style or something, though I don't necessarily want a Les Paul, not opposed either. STRONGLY considering an ESP, because that's what my favorite guitarists all play(ed) - Hetfield, Adler, Kirk, John Gallagher, Hanneman...it's probably what I should do. Then save for the Mesa/Boogie amp, aha.

(note my favorite guitarists is not necessarily the same as my list of best guitarists would be ;))
    I donít currently play and was more of a bassist than a guitarist when I did play, butÖ.

Sounds like a PRS SE to me. Made in the Core-tek factory in Indonesia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Re: The Music Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I don’t currently play and was more of a bassist than a guitarist when I did play, but….

Sounds like a PRS SE to me. Made in the Core-tek factory in Indonesia.

I have a bass as well that I dabble in although I'm ultra beginner at it. Just some $300 BC Rich POS combo pack thing to dink around with. Love the sound of PRS guitars. The embedded video I'm playing through a Line 6 Spider IV which is a modeling amp and you know, people shit on those and especially Line 6 with good reason but I enjoy having a plethora of tones at the turn of a knob and it's not like I play in front of anyone, just a hobby for myself. So being able to tap a button and have a Nothing Else Matters tone and then tap another and have a Number of the Beast tone and then tap another and have a Godzilla tone and then tap another and have a Laid to Rest tone is just fine with me if it comes with a bit of a lower quality sound. The Orange amp I'm playing in the first video is a Crush 35RT. It has some nice sounds although the distortion is not great. I just wanted that one for the aesthetic, lol.

Only use 3 pedals, a noise gate, an octaver to detune to C, Drop C, B, Drop A, etc., and a distortion pedal that I only use when I'm using the Orange amp.

Main reason I want a new guitar is so I can keep it tuned to C or B as I play a lot of In Flames and Amon Amarth and the octaver does an admirable job but you can definitely hear the digital-ness of it. I was playing super heavy strings for a long time - like .12-.62 - without making ANY adjustments to the guitar because I hadn't looked it up yet and I was dumb...eventually found my way into setting it up properly and got the correct tools (should have seen me at first trying to adjust the truss and measure with a fucking tape measure) I can more or less do it quickly now but it's still a major pain to try to keep adjusting between standard and lower drop tunings. Also no longer play that heavy a gauge, I'm more of a standard gauge now I just try different brands. I love the feel of the Elixirs. Playing the heavier gauge was definitely not a bad idea though, when I went back to a lighter string my fingers were flying lol
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 06-01-2024 at 08:49 PM.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I love reading and hearing old rock and roll stories. Our time with legends is limited and growing shorter with every day so love to see stuff like this. Gotta love Joan Jett if you are a Baltimore person.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I have a bass as well that I dabble in although I'm ultra beginner at it. Just some $300 BC Rich POS combo pack thing to dink around with. Love the sound of PRS guitars. The embedded video I'm playing through a Line 6 Spider IV which is a modeling amp and you know, people shit on those and especially Line 6 with good reason but I enjoy having a plethora of tones at the turn of a knob and it's not like I play in front of anyone, just a hobby for myself. So being able to tap a button and have a Nothing Else Matters tone and then tap another and have a Number of the Beast tone and then tap another and have a Godzilla tone and then tap another and have a Laid to Rest tone is just fine with me if it comes with a bit of a lower quality sound. The Orange amp I'm playing in the first video is a Crush 35RT. It has some nice sounds although the distortion is not great. I just wanted that one for the aesthetic, lol.

Only use 3 pedals, a noise gate, an octaver to detune to C, Drop C, B, Drop A, etc., and a distortion pedal that I only use when I'm using the Orange amp.

Main reason I want a new guitar is so I can keep it tuned to C or B as I play a lot of In Flames and Amon Amarth and the octaver does an admirable job but you can definitely hear the digital-ness of it. I was playing super heavy strings for a long time - like .12-.62 - without making ANY adjustments to the guitar because I hadn't looked it up yet and I was dumb...eventually found my way into setting it up properly and got the correct tools (should have seen me at first trying to adjust the truss and measure with a fucking tape measure) I can more or less do it quickly now but it's still a major pain to try to keep adjusting between standard and lower drop tunings. Also no longer play that heavy a gauge, I'm more of a standard gauge now I just try different brands. I love the feel of the Elixirs. Playing the heavier gauge was definitely not a bad idea though, when I went back to a lighter string my fingers were flying lol
    Octaverz rarely track well, and certainly not cheap.

The Helix and family get lots of love. Friends had Spiders years ago and loved them. I totally get how a modeling amp pushes a ton of buttons in an affordable manner.

Rock on!

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Gotta love Joan.

When it comes to buying amps and heads ..prowl the pawn shops. Iíve found my Marshall in a pawn shop in west BíMore. My son got a Boogie head at a pawn shop in Edgewood.

Also check the ďused music ď stores if y have any. We had Music Go Round and a nice small place in Lutherville that had used equipment for a good price.

We should do a poll / list of your top 5-10 artists at each spot in a band.

Frontman/singer
    Lead guitar
    Rhythm guitar
    Bass
    Drums
    Keys /piano
    And maybe an Ect section.

Be interesting to see how many common picks

9. Re: The Music Thread

I love reading and hearing old rock and roll stories. Our time with legends is limited and growing shorter with every day so love to see stuff like this. Gotta love Joan Jett if you are a Baltimore person.
    Same here. Some of the backstories of their lives and songs are interesting to read, too.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/tags/th...hind-the-song/

10. Re: The Music Thread

The making of a guitar.....or two.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/paul-wa...eith-richards/

11. Re: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    We should do a poll / list of your top 5-10 artists at each spot in a band.

Frontman/singer
    Lead guitar
    Rhythm guitar
    Bass
    Drums
    Keys /piano
    And maybe an Ect section.

Be interesting to see how many common picks

Interesting how many of you guys were/are guitar players. I always aspired to be the front man.......I could never narrow it down to one favorite. Being a child of the 70's I like the high octave singers......Brad Delp, Lou Grahm, I am a huge Ric Emmitt fan. I also would rank Emmitt up there with some of the best lead guitarist in the business......but that's just me. In all instances it comes down to style, Eddie Van Halen, Jimi Hendricks, Alex Lifeson, Jimmy Page. Is there truly a #1? There's many I didn't name like Jeff Beck or Ingwie Malstein.....(sp)

I think gene Simmons said it best when he said there will never be any iconic bands ever again. The music world has changed so much. Rock and Roll is gone forever. It only lives now through cover bands. In 50 years no one will give a rats ass about Bad Company,38 Special or Joan Jett.

I do like your post though, it would be interesting to see what posters think. I also have another great question...........The best concert you ever seen? and why? Your least favorite? Most memorable? I have so many, ONE of my most memorable was Van Halen, Civic Center 1978, I was 17 still in high school. Van Halens first album, 3rd row tickets, I was out in the corridor waiting for the show to start. Watching people girls go by. I saw a girl with red leather pants on that had her butt cheeks cut out of the pants.......at that moment I became a man.......LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......

12. Re: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Interesting how many of you guys were/are guitar players. I always aspired to be the front man.......I could never narrow it down to one favorite. Being a child of the 70's I like the high octave singers......Brad Delp, Lou Grahm, I am a huge Ric Emmitt fan. I also would rank Emmitt up there with some of the best lead guitarist in the business......but that's just me. In all instances it comes down to style, Eddie Van Halen, Jimi Hendricks, Alex Lifeson, Jimmy Page. Is there truly a #1? There's many I didn't name like Jeff Beck or Ingwie Malstein.....(sp)

I think gene Simmons said it best when he said there will never be any iconic bands ever again. The music world has changed so much. Rock and Roll is gone forever. It only lives now through cover bands. In 50 years no one will give a rats ass about Bad Company,38 Special or Joan Jett.

I do like your post though, it would be interesting to see what posters think. I also have another great question...........The best concert you ever seen? and why? Your least favorite? Most memorable? I have so many, ONE of my most memorable was Van Halen, Civic Center 1978, I was 17 still in high school. Van Halens first album, 3rd row tickets, I was out in the corridor waiting for the show to start. Watching people girls go by. I saw a girl with red leather pants on that had her butt cheeks cut out of the pants.......at that moment I became a man.......LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    One of my top vocalists in rock. Paul Rogers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Mw9bW9YgU