Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Re: The Music Thread

Got lucky enough to be at HammerJacks the night Extreme recorded Mutha. Just happened to be Ladies night. Back then they were very Van Halen-esque.

https://youtu.be/UchTs_gLi5M?si=4PHWRmnQS63xBCgj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I wasn't sure if you meant like a music video or taped for video in general. I mentioned before, the first concert I ever went to was covered start to finish by MTV in a 2 hour long special.

Filmed for an actual video, yes. Good Charlotte, Festival Song, recorded at HFStival 2001, at RFK. Real ones remember how crazy it got at the HFStival when Good Charlotte (from Waldorf, roughly 20 minutes from me, little older than me, I saw them many many times in places much smaller than this) came on. I make no promises on y'alls enjoyment it's pop punk but Good Charlotte is and always will be a special band to me.

I'm...somewhere.
    Good Charlotte kicks a little ass. I have a love for punk music ..even pop punk. Plus they’re local. Also a fan of Jimmy’s Chicken Shack. Their from down your way also.

3. Re: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    My best memories of Merriweather was when I seen Joe Perry of Aerosmith........had a band called the Joe Perry Project. He was so stoned that it took two roadies carrying him out from back stage......one under each arm. A third roadie put the Strat around his neck and off he went.........Played his ass off. Hilarious.

The second great memory of Merriweather was when Motley Crue got back together one of those times......they had started their tour in Europe just to get the kinks out. Merriweather was the very first American tour date.....Holy Cow!!!!!!!!! The debauchery that went on that stage was crazy.......never seen anything like it. Mothers and fathers were dragging their kids out of there left and right. They had two scantily clad beauties doing things to eachother.......giant dildos. Just crazy, if not mistaken they were fined the next day......if memory serves me. I also remember a great Kansas concert back in the mid 80's that was phenomenal.
    There are many for me, but #1 will always be seeing Pink Floyd twice in '73. A few of us were always going there to see stuff, but nothing comes close to those couple of shows. We had tickets for the first show and liked it so much, when finding out there were still tickets available for the following day, went back down to see them again. A group of us used to make that trip down there on a regular basis. Did that for quite a few years. Dozens and dozens of times.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    There are many for me, but #1 will always be seeing Pink Floyd twice in '73. A few of us were always going there to see stuff, but nothing comes close to those couple of shows. We had tickets for the first show and liked it so much, when finding out there were still tickets available for the following day, went back down to see them again. A group of us used to make that trip down there on a regular basis. Did that for quite a few years. Dozens and dozens of times.
    Merriweather was/is a great venue. Large enough to draw good bands but small enough to feel intimate. Usually had very good sound also. Def preferred it over Nissan / Jiffy Lube or whatever they wanna call that joint in VA.

5. Re: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I wasn't sure if you meant like a music video or taped for video in general. I mentioned before, the first concert I ever went to was covered start to finish by MTV in a 2 hour long special.

Filmed for an actual video, yes. Good Charlotte, Festival Song, recorded at HFStival 2001, at RFK. Real ones remember how crazy it got at the HFStival when Good Charlotte (from Waldorf, roughly 20 minutes from me, little older than me, I saw them many many times in places much smaller than this) came on. I make no promises on y'alls enjoyment it's pop punk but Good Charlotte is and always will be a special band to me.

I'm...somewhere.
    Yeah, as you might imagine that wasn't my cup of tea.......I wasn't a huge HFS fan. I do however think that they were a really good band. I respect them, they were very talented......just not my thing. I was more of a 98 Rock guy. Yes, on occasion 98 played both Good Charlotte and Jimmy's Chicken Shack.........I would change the channel........lol

Man how I miss those great radio days. DC 101 with the Greaseman......he was so good. Was a big fan of the early Howard Stern show......not so much now.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......

6. Re: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Got lucky enough to be at HammerJacks the night Extreme recorded Mutha. Just happened to be Ladies night. Back then they were very Van Halen-esque.

https://youtu.be/UchTs_gLi5M?si=4PHWRmnQS63xBCgj

Hammerjacks was such a great venue to see a band. Had so much fun there. Didn't see that concert......would have liked too. The top bands of the time went through Hammerjacks......it was the Whisky-a-go go of the East coast.

7. Re: The Music Thread

Seagull Inn will always be my favorite venue.......Wednesday night........Ladies night. $5.00 Ladies all you can drink draft beer.......LOL Drunk Essex woman, gram of booger sugar in your pocket and you were guaranteed not to go home alone......lmao. Ahhhhhhhhh the late 70's early 80's. My wasted youth.

8. Re: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Merriweather was/is a great venue. Large enough to draw good bands but small enough to feel intimate. Usually had very good sound also. Def preferred it over Nissan / Jiffy Lube or whatever they wanna call that joint in VA.

Yeah we used to joke about them having to cut the grass around us. Loved it there.