Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Music Thread

Can't seem to find the old one.

So, I just discovered last night that Les Claypool has a studio album out with Sean Lennon (John Lennon's son). I'm a huge Primus/Les Claypool fan, so I was intrigued. It's really good.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: The Music Thread

Good looking out Wicked. I was gonna make a music post since I couldn’t find the old one and the Video Game and Movie threads do so well.

Is the Claypool album on Amazon Music? I’ll have to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Primus is one of those bands that I've never been able to get into for whatever reason...not sure why...just not for me, I guess.

I saw Pentatonix out at George Mason U for their Christmas show last night, man, what a show. They are SO good. So much talent. Beatboxing dude did this Cello solo while he was beatboxing and it was incredible. They did an old school acapella style encore where they all sang around one mic. So much fun to see live. Highly recommended if you ever get the chance to see them.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Primus is one of those bands that I've never been able to get into for whatever reason...not sure why...just not for me, I guess.

I saw Pentatonix out at George Mason U for their Christmas show last night, man, what a show. They are SO good. So much talent. Beatboxing dude did this Cello solo while he was beatboxing and it was incredible. They did an old school acapella style encore where they all sang around one mic. So much fun to see live. Highly recommended if you ever get the chance to see them.
    I've seen Primus twice. They put on a really good show.

I can definitely understand why Les Claypool isn't for everyone. His voice isn't awesome. I just dig his style on the bass.

Lol. Yeah I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say “ man can Les sing!”

Kinda like Rush. Super Talented band but Getty’s voice leaves a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Kinda like Rush. Super Talented band but Getty’s voice leaves a lot to be desired.

Funny you mention Rush in a discussion about Primus.

A good friend of mine is a life long Rush fan and I cannot stand their music. When I was younger I thought the singer was female for years.
    He is also a huge Primus and Fish Fan.

I am a former musician, in my childhood days I played Guitar, Bass and even some Piano and was quite good in my teen and early 20's but lost interest later on and I can get the love for Less Claypool. Guy is seriously talented like the Drummer for Rush but I have never been crazy about either band.

Me and my friend used to have some hilarious debates for me ragging on his music over the years.

The only reason I started learning bass was Slap Bass which is what Les Claypool plays but I still was never crazy about the music.

So son’s early I was gonna make a thread about this I’ll just post it here.

We have a list of Fav movies , Games and everything else. Sooo. .....here your chance to list your Fav concerts/and or live shows you’ve attended. Any genre of music( we don’t judge ) and at anytime.

Don’t know how to make “lists here “ so just post. Lol.

1974 Grateful Dead with the wall of sound. 75 Legion of Mary at the Tower Theater.
    Other shows that stand out from the 70's Little Feat with Lowell George, Roy Buchanan, Frank Zappa with Capt Beefheart, Jethro Tull
    I dunno,lot of good shows back then.
    Tonight I took my mom (96) to see the Lettermen, had a good time.

Yeah. I love live music. That’s why I haven’t posted my list yet. Lol.

Blog Entries

Best show I’ve ever been to - Metallica at M&T Stadium two years ago. That was my first time seeing Metallica and they didn’t disappoint.

Blog Entries

Yeah, it'd be Metallica @ M&T for me too. I won Snake Pit passes prior to it and it was an unforgettable, incredible, unreal night that will never be topped concert wise for me. Metallica is my absolute favorite band so getting to see them in this way was just amazing. It was a dream come true.

Some of the video I took -

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52