Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Re: The Music Thread

Speaking of great drummers....can't leave Michael Shrieve out.....another of my favorites years ago.

https://seattlemusicinsider.com/2012...go-one-on-one/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKcI2mcsueM

Another one from 2016 I can't get to load up......on youtube.......Santana IV - Soul Sacrifice �� [2016]
    Last edited by blueridgemtnman; 05-25-2024 at 11:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: The Music Thread

I play drums and guitar but my influences on drums are more modern/metal influence. Mike Portnoy is my all time favorite and to me there is no better drum section than his bit behind the solo on Constant Motion where he's playing different time signatures.

3:45->
    4:05 it kicks up
    4:40 it goes nuts starting with the ride
    the way he hits 6 cymbals at the same time at the fill at 5:53

fucking magical. Watching him play is as mesmerizing to me today as the first time.

Last edited by Bhcforlife; 05-25-2024 at 11:40 AM.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    “A feeling of freedom”: Mitch Mitchell on his first impression of Jimi Hendrix."

Glad to see Mitch get his due credit as one of the all-time best rock drummers. Long ago, I played drums and he was my go-to drummer to emulate. There were a few, but he and Ginger Baker, back then, were my favorites. My favorite Hendrix tune to play was Fire.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/mitch-m...-jimi-hendrix/

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21xr8

It's always hilarious to watch some old Woodstock videos, where fans don't know what to make of Jimi and his music. It's like..."who the hell is this black dude?" Little did they know.....
    Ginger Baker was soo good. Just look at how much pure talent his bands had. Cream , Blind Faith, BBM. Soo good. Also one of the pioneers of the double bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

So one genre I like that doesn't fit with my fairly liberal aesthetic is country rap. Anyone else like this shit? And I do mean shit literally, cuz it's awful, but I unironically love it. The Lacs are my favorite, I know Brian and Clay, seen them several times in Fredericksburg. But yeah, it's crap. Endearing, lovable crap, but crap nonetheless.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

5. Re: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I play drums and guitar but my influences on drums are more modern/metal influence. Mike Portnoy is my all time favorite and to me there is no better drum section than his bit behind the solo on Constant Motion where he's playing different time signatures.

fucking magical. Watching him play is as mesmerizing to me today as the first time.

Thanks. Will watch it when I get a chance. To me, drums are drums. Like most percussion, it crosses over genres effortlessly. If someone can play, I'm all over it. I'll check it out. EDIT: DAYUM he's good. Love it. Even watched it again.
    Last edited by blueridgemtnman; 05-25-2024 at 12:24 PM.

Mike Portney with The Winery Dogs ripping it.

I don't know a lot but I know a little

7. Re: The Music Thread

So one genre I like that doesn't fit with my fairly liberal aesthetic is country rap. Anyone else like this shit? And I do mean shit literally, cuz it's awful, but I unironically love it. The Lacs are my favorite, I know Brian and Clay, seen them several times in Fredericksburg. But yeah, it's crap. Endearing, lovable crap, but crap nonetheless.

Yeah...crap is what I call it. Calling music country rap is an insult to both country and rap. I used to kinda like country and still like some, but not the modern bs. And when much of it slid into country rap, they lost me. I get that they are all chasin' a buck, but I'm out the door and they'll see me no more.

Yeah.....No lol. I kinda like some Colt Ford but I pass and I find it funny that I'm not the only one who calls this crap.

Yeah...crap is what I call it. Calling music country rap is an insult to both country and rap. I used to kinda like country and still like some, but not the modern bs. And when much of it slid into country rap, they lost me. I get that they are all chasin' a buck, but I'm out the door and they'll see me no more.

10. Re: The Music Thread

Diggin' deep into the archives today.

https://www.google.com/search?client...IgXtE4K5U,st:0

Diggin' deep into the archives today.

https://www.google.com/search?client...IgXtE4K5U,st:0
    Yeah you are. You happen to check out the Winery Dogs video?

12. Re: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Yeah you are. You happen to check out the Winery Dogs video?
    I am about to. I get sidetracked easily..........it's on my list.