Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Free talk Friday - 12.06.19

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Hey Captain how ya been?
    Doing well, thanks. How about you? It is good when we can get pumped for football as it winds down, and look forward to the second season.

I am a shareholder of the Packers, BTW. Surprisingly, the NFL has never allowed me in an Owners' Meeting.
    Captain Offense

Company Christmas party tonight. MD homebrew guild party is tomorrow, but didn't want to be that busy this weekend.

Also looking at building a gaming computer this weekend hopefully.

If anyone has any strong opinions on powercolor red devil vs sapphire nitro+, let me know!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    So the legend goes. All I know is that the ratio of women to men (according to the story) is 10 to 1.
    I have an engineer that works for me part time (semi-retired, 70ish guy). He goes to the Villages to visit friends several times a year and the running joke is that his nickname is "Caligula".

I guess what else is there to do when you're older and new and exciting medications are available to correct any errr... deficiencies!

Blog Entries

I went to the Walters Museum yesterday and tried to stay for the lighting of the monument, but I was too tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    Doing well, thanks. How about you? It is good when we can get pumped for football as it winds down, and look forward to the second season.

I am a shareholder of the Packers, BTW. Surprisingly, the NFL has never allowed me in an Owners' Meeting.
    Wow that's awesome. Happy to have you as a shareholder. I'm doing well. I'm so ready for the weekend though.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCityRaven View Post
    Just picked up the kids from school. We were supposed to head to Normandy to tour the beaches from D Day but thanks the entire country going on strike, that plan fell through (costing me €1,000). Assholes.

Looks like we will instead drive to Cologne and hit up a German Christmas Market. Gluehwein, brats, pretzels and hot cocoa!

Sunday will be all about meat smoking. Got a 8lb pork shoulder ready for the smoker. Hosting some other Americans for a night of football. There will be both a Browns and Steelers fan coming so pray for us.
    Fun fact: do you know what the D stands for in D-day?

Day. It stands for day. They used that as a code for any significant day in the war. Normandy wasn't the only D-day of the war.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Fun fact: do you know what the D stands for in D-day?

Day. It stands for day. They used that as a code for any significant day in the war. Normandy wasn't the only D-day of the war.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    Best “publicly known “ code name also. Operation Overlord with the actual Normandy landing being Operation Neptune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Same here.. company party last night was pretty epic. Not sure how I made it to the office this morning. LOL Tomorrow is jam packed with "stuff" to do and then Sunday will be pace the floor til 1 PM with a big pot of chili in the Ninja.
    What is a ninja? - Assuming you don't have a Japanese assassin cooking your chili.

👋 I’m a longtime browser (some might say, forum creeper) but very rarely a poster...saying hello! And happy holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by ricanravengirl View Post
    �� I’m a longtime browser (some might say, forum creeper) but very rarely a poster...saying hello! And happy holidays!
    hello back atcha ... still trying to sort out the meaning of your board handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    new and exciting medications are available to correct any errr... deficiencies!
    I have it from a real "authority": those meds really do work. Sometimes too well.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    hello back atcha ... still trying to sort out the meaning of your board handle.

I have it from a real "authority": those meds really do work. Sometimes too well.
    I see what ya did there Mista! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m pretty sure they’ve been striking since 1789...joking aside, based on painful experience, I always recommend buying trip insurance when traveling to la belle france.