Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ravens Radio Coverage - OT

It's pretty awful. The flagship is a rock and roll station, makes absolutely no sense. Sunday morning pregame shows, your options are Rock disc jockeys talking about the team, or friggin' Coleman and his nails-on-a-chalkboard voice.

I like Rob Long, but I have no idea how Ed Norris has stayed employed this long after the station switched from politics to sports. Coleman is, again, horrible.

I like Bob Haynie, but Cackling' Cerrato sucks. Like HKusp said, his ad reads are abominable (as are Norris's). He has some good football stories and insight, but if the topic turns to any other sport he sounds like an imbecile.

Scott & Jeremy are great. Weinman is good with Jeremy (Playmakers!), but Cerrato drags him down, and his constant Joe-bashing (even now!) gets really old. Mike Popovec is great when he's on, which isn't nearly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Really?
    Ok what is the flagship station then? Are you allowed to say so here? That's the only dreck I can ever find to try to get a local feel for the team.
    The games are broadcast on 1090 AM and 97.9 FM. But those are news talk and rock music stations. They do have Ravens shows during the week, but 105.7 is really the go to for Ravens and sports talk in Baltimore.

I don’t listen to 105.7 much because of the hosts, but even more so the callers who never make any insights or ask good questions. This is really the place to come for the best Ravens coverage.

Why they ever broke up playmakers with Jeremy and Ken is beyond me. They had the best chemistry of any combination. It was straight comedy for 4 hours.

I also like Terry Ford a lot. Dude has a lot of good one-liners lol. He's underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    More Donnie from Dundalk....
    Plus that Jets fan who calls into multiple shows and adds no value except trolling. He might even get paid to call the station, the radio version of clickbait.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    The games are broadcast on 1090 AM and 97.9 FM. But those are news talk and rock music stations. They do have Ravens shows during the week, but 105.7 is really the go to for Ravens and sports talk in Baltimore.

I don’t listen to 105.7 much because of the hosts, but even more so the callers who never make any insights or ask good questions. This is really the place to come for the best Ravens coverage.
    This is why I gave up on the FAN years ago. It was always the same 7 guys giving their poor ass takes all day long. Same dudes would call in 3 or 4 times a day, you'd here them on all of the different shows. Got way too repetitive/ridiculous for me.

I tuned in on Monday after the SF game just to check it out. Same guys, same shit.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Plus that Jets fan who calls into multiple shows and adds no value except trolling. He might even get paid to call the station, the radio version of clickbait.
    "Q" absolute garbage I turn the station whenever he's on.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    I don't understand why they humor him. It seems like he's met some of them in person at shows or whatever, and they like him personally, but it just seems really sad to live in a city and spend your days calling in to the local sports yak station and trolling the local fans non-stop. They should limit him to one call per day at least...something.

Ed from Arbutus was always the best caller. I haven't heard him in a bit, hope he's doing alright. Also haven't heard Bob from Parkville in a bit. he was always good for an unintentional laugh.

I always liked Steve Davis and Ed Norris in the AM when they were paired up and wish they hadn't gotten rid of Davis. I like Ed Norris and Rob Long to a lesser degree but I like everyone else hate Coleman.

Scott is by far the best and Jeremy is great too.

My favorite though was Scott and Anita Marks (ducks as things are being thrown at me)

Jk I hated Anita. Scott had to argue with her constantly about her dumb statements and opinions. She was a transplant to the area with no real knowledge base of Baltimore sports and it showed. Was glad when she left

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post

Jk I hated Anita. Scott had to argue with her constantly about her dumb statements and opinions. She was a transplant to the area with no real knowledge base of Baltimore sports and it showed. Was glad when she left
    ANQUAN BOLDIN! BRANDON MARSHALL!

tbf, she was right about Boldin

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Thanks. I couldn’t remember because I don’t listen much except for night time when it’s Ken Weinman or Terry Ford plus Orioles during baseball season.

Wow. Lots of strong, negative opinions in here on 105.7. I listen in the car which is about 15 mins in the morning and 15 mins at night. The callers definitely get on my nerves way more than the hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by NestMinder View Post
    ANQUAN BOLDIN! BRANDON MARSHALL!

tbf, she was right about Boldin
    What did she say about Boldin? I don't recall