Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ravens Radio Coverage - OT

So my hatred of Baltimore sports radio is well documented on this board.

I decided to listen to WGR550 Buffalo this morning to see what they might be talking about. They have Steve Tasker and John Murphy running the show. The Bills I guess are similar in market size to the Ravens...so how is it that their coverage is a billion times better than what we get in BMore??!! Have only been listening sporadically for the past hour, they have given mad props to both the Bills AND the Ravens. They have praised Lamar and the uniqueness of our offense more in the past hour than I have heard in the past month on 105.7. They have also critiqued and given some thoughtful insight into how the Bills might be able to stop them, what Lamar does well and not well, weaknesses and strengths of the Baltimore defense.

Again, WTF??!! We get Vinnie and Haynie and the rest of the rag tag crew over there. I guess Garceau and Coleman are the best? Not sure since I don't get the afternoon time to listen.

They have Thurman Thomas on right now. Doug Flutie later and Dennis Pitta after that. Where are the connections to the Ravens like that by 105.7?

They and their fanbase callers are pumped that they might get to 10 wins for the first time in 20 years---20 fucking years!!

They hung up on a caller who wanted to bitch that the Bills were giving Josh Allen too many carries...

Go ahead and toss this topic but I had to pull the soapbox back out again - I just don't understand why we have such sub-par coverage of a 2 time SB championship team??!!

Like they are so small time that they think in order to keep people tuned in they have to promote a failed GM and pander to every noisy negative nancy in the fanbase.

Re: Ravens Radio Coverage - OT

105.7 isn’t the flagship, but even so they decided to appeal to the lowest common denominator and it’s seems like the same 5 callers call into every show on that station.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    105.7 isn’t the flagship, but even so they decided to appeal to the lowest common denominator and it’s seems like the same 5 callers call into every show on that station.
    Really?
    Ok what is the flagship station then? Are you allowed to say so here? That's the only dreck I can ever find to try to get a local feel for the team.

Is jeremy not with Scott anymore? Been a long time since i listened

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    So my hatred of Baltimore sports radio is well documented on this board.

I decided to listen to WGR550 Buffalo this morning to see what they might be talking about. They have Steve Tasker and John Murphy running the show. The Bills I guess are similar in market size to the Ravens...so how is it that their coverage is a billion times better than what we get in BMore??!! Have only been listening sporadically for the past hour, they have given mad props to both the Bills AND the Ravens. They have praised Lamar and the uniqueness of our offense more in the past hour than I have heard in the past month on 105.7. They have also critiqued and given some thoughtful insight into how the Bills might be able to stop them, what Lamar does well and not well, weaknesses and strengths of the Baltimore defense.

Again, WTF??!! We get Vinnie and Haynie and the rest of the rag tag crew over there. I guess Garceau and Coleman are the best? Not sure since I don't get the afternoon time to listen.

They have Thurman Thomas on right now. Doug Flutie later and Dennis Pitta after that. Where are the connections to the Ravens like that by 105.7?

They and their fanbase callers are pumped that they might get to 10 wins for the first time in 20 years---20 fucking years!!

They hung up on a caller who wanted to bitch that the Bills were giving Josh Allen too many carries...

Go ahead and toss this topic but I had to pull the soapbox back out again - I just don't understand why we have such sub-par coverage of a 2 time SB championship team??!!

Like they are so small time that they think in order to keep people tuned in they have to promote a failed GM and pander to every noisy negative nancy in the fanbase.

Where I cannot compare to what the rest of the country gets to listen too or watch but local Radio here mostly sucks anyway.

The Ravens game day flagship is 98 rock (97.9FM) is the station. They have a phone app where you can listen online.

I think in our area we are blessed with 24hrs sports talk radio but our local crews do kind of suck.
    the morning crew Ed Norris and Rob Long backgrounds are former Police, Jerry Coleman is just flat out awful to listen too, and for covering sports for 30 years he seems to know absolutely nothing about them.
    He has a job I would think because radio seems to like these out of the realm personalities and he definitely fits that criteria because its usually something ignorant or stupid that comes out his mouth.

The mid day crew is pretty bad. Former Redskins GM vinnie Cerato. Why he is employed I have no idea. He makes dumb outlandish takes damn near every day.
    The fill in guy Ken Wyman is a step below Jerry Coleman. Just lousy to listen too.

The evening crew Scott Garceau with without a doubt the best. He atleast provides depth and solid topics to talk about.

Local TV is not much better, last week it would have been great to watch a Ravens post game presser on tv but no where to be found. Redskins get one but the best football team in our region apparently does not.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    More Donnie from Dundalk....

Jeremy and Scott are still on in the afternoon, they are good. Vinny is like Skip Bayless with a little more general knowledge of football, but less polished. It is what it is, as they say.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

WNST is the only decent station for coverage, but it is limited. I've driven up and down 95 a lot and aside from the home town thing, I prefer to listen to just about any other station than 105.7

I hate Jerry Coleman and Vinny they absolutely bring nothing to the table other then gab. I love when Harbaugh bashes Jerry for every stupid comment he asks on the press conferences. He even despises the guy haha. Then Jerry in the morning makes fun of Harbaugh for not answering his stupid question, I feel bad for Rob and Ed for putting up with that weasel.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    I hate Jerry Coleman and Vinny they absolutely bring nothing to the table other then gab. I love when Harbaugh bashes Jerry for every stupid comment he asks on the press conferences. He even despises the guy haha. Then Jerry in the morning makes fun of Harbaugh for not answering his stupid question, I feel bad for Rob and Ed for putting up with that weasel.
    I agree 1000%.

105.7 cheap ass Fired Steve Davis for what reason I have no idea and replaced him with this ass clown.

Coleman is a guy you would love to just punch in the face. He is the type of guy who would run his mouth and then be all befuddled as to why you just punched him in the face and complain about it afterwards.

How this station puts this idiot on the top show five days a week is beyond me. I love listening to sports talk, I listen 8 hrs a day at work just makes the day go by easier but I have turned it off before because I cannot stand him and Ken Wyman and even Vinnie at times.

Vinnies show usually sucks too, he talks about the same dumb crap all the time.

Vinny is almost a caricature of a bad radio host. When he reads "copy" it is the absolute worst. He must be blessed by God to have been in the positions he has been in life and marry a medical doctor with a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Vinny is almost a caricature of a bad radio host. When he reads "copy" it is the absolute worst. He must be blessed by God to have been in the positions he has been in life and marry a medical doctor with a good job.
    Yeah he is terrible. Its like he just shows up to get a paycheck, there is no effort or talent behind his efforts.

How he ever became a GM of an NFL franchise is beyond me but Snyder is one of the Richest idiots in the country so I can see how it happened.